Wii U Forum

Topic: Ubisoft Challenges Rockstar

Showing 1 to 20 of 34

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lilman390

1. Posted:

http://www.examiner.com/article/watch-dogs-vs-grand-theft-aut...

"Enjoy your time in beautiful Los Santos. Come November, we'll see you in Chicago_"

"_two months are enough to visit Los Santos. _Come to Chicago on November 21."

Who's anticipating the release of Watch_Dogs?

I like cheese!

Nintendo Network ID: lilman390

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

2. Posted:

I approve of this rivalry. Especially since Saint's Row has stopped even pretending it's like GTA.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cookiex

3. Posted:

I really hope Ubisoft doesn't mess up the WiiU version of Watch Dogs. It's my most anticipated third party WiiU game this year. If it sucks I could always go for other consoles, but it would be nice to see a multiplatform game on the WiiU that isn't botched (I don't count Rayman Legends since it wasn't meant to be multiplatform in the first place).

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lilman390

4. Posted:

Watch_Dogs is going to be awesome. I'm buying this game on my wii u. I can imagine all of the possibilities the gamepad can offer.

I like cheese!

Nintendo Network ID: lilman390

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

5. Posted:

I don't like GTA so I'll side with Ubisoft! that is if I had a console or good PC to play any of those games :p

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lilman390

6. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

I really hope Ubisoft doesn't mess up the WiiU version of Watch Dogs. It's my most anticipated third party WiiU game this year. If it sucks I could always go for other consoles, but it would be nice to see a multiplatform game on the WiiU that isn't botched (I don't count Rayman Legends since it wasn't meant to be multiplatform in the first place).

Ubisoft Romania is handling the Wii U version. But I read in a article that said Watch_Dogs Wii U outperforms the PS360 versions.

I like cheese!

Nintendo Network ID: lilman390

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cookiex

7. Posted:

It's the same studio that handles the PS4 version so I should have hope. But seeing that version's performance on Jimmy Fallon didn't calm my fears.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kyloctopus

8. Posted:

Can't wait for it.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cookiex

9. Posted:

At least there's some comfort in that the WiiU isn't being left out of any of the special editions and given Ubisoft's track record we should have any forthcoming DLC as well.

And reports that it outperforms the current-gen versions (PS3 and 360) is another good sign, unless the current-gen versions are absolutely terrible and the WiiU version is only better by default.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage
Avatar

uptownsoul

10. Posted:

GTA V is awesome, and watchdogs will be awesome too. being from chicago, i cant wait to see the landmarks they have in the game. too bad it wont be as big as los santos, but i'll be playing a lot of both

uptownsoul

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

11. Posted:

GTA is more of a brainless sadistic torture porn romp whereas Watch Dogs has innovated the gameplay into more of a thinking mans GTA... I'm looking forward to Splinter Cell X GTA so I'm not wasting my cash on another mindless Rockstar borefest ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

12. Posted:

I'll be impressed if Watch Dogs earns even 1/10th of the sales GTA V will receive. Let alone reviews and other forms of reception.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Discostew

13. Posted:

lilman390 wrote:

cookiex wrote:

I really hope Ubisoft doesn't mess up the WiiU version of Watch Dogs. It's my most anticipated third party WiiU game this year. If it sucks I could always go for other consoles, but it would be nice to see a multiplatform game on the WiiU that isn't botched (I don't count Rayman Legends since it wasn't meant to be multiplatform in the first place).

Ubisoft Romania is handling the Wii U version. But I read in a article that said Watch_Dogs Wii U outperforms the PS360 versions.

Considering the Wii U version was being built alongside the PS4 and XB1 versions while the PS3 and 360 versions didn't get started until later, I'd imagine so.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage
Avatar

uptownsoul

14. Posted:

I don't know if watchdogs is going to have as expansive an online mode as GTA online.

uptownsoul

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamer83

15. Posted:

I hope Ubisoft delivers but I have to say I've been less impressed the more I've seen of the game. The E3 2012 reveal was awesome nothing shown since then has impressed on that level though.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Balko

16. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

GTA is more of a brainless sadistic torture porn romp whereas Watch Dogs has innovated the gameplay into more of a thinking mans GTA... I'm looking forward to Splinter Cell X GTA so I'm not wasting my cash on another mindless Rockstar borefest ;)

My thoughts exactly. GTA is better suited for individuals who don't care much for thinking, would rather just kill old ladies and police officers. Watch_Dogs is looking to be much more of a thinking man's game.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

17. Posted:

Ubisoft has a long way to go to catch up to Rockstar's $800 million...

http://variety.com/2013/digital/news/grand-theft-auto-v-earns...

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

18. Posted:

Captain_Balko wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

GTA is more of a brainless sadistic torture porn romp whereas Watch Dogs has innovated the gameplay into more of a thinking mans GTA... I'm looking forward to Splinter Cell X GTA so I'm not wasting my cash on another mindless Rockstar borefest ;)

My thoughts exactly. GTA is better suited for individuals who don't care much for thinking, would rather just kill old ladies and police officers. Watch_Dogs is looking to be much more of a thinking man's game.

Watchdog's is as much as a thinking man's game as modern Splinter Cell and assassin's creed's games which means not much.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Banker-Style

19. Posted:

Most wanted game of 2013,looks totally awesome,but I'm a bit dubious ofthe Wii U version.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

20. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I'll be impressed if Watch Dogs earns even 1/10th of the sales GTA V will receive. Let alone reviews and other forms of reception.

1/10th? really?

seriously?

Have you been under a rock this past year or so? Watch_Dogs is pretty clearly going to be a big deal when it comes out. Like a REALLY big deal. I mean it's not gonna do as well as GTA 5, but it's gonna do quite well for itself, that much is pretty clear. It has as much hype as Last of Us and is on SOOO many more platforms...

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/