Forums

Topic: Twilight Princess HD

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 1,913

shadow-wolf

@Octane I actually did that a few days ago. It made transportation easier, but there was no mention of the place I was asking about earlier. What do you need to do directly after fixing the Eldin bridge?

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

@Octane I found it in the Gerudo desert. I told Midna to warp it to Eldin and the bridge was fixed. Wait a minute ... this is the hint isn’t it lol. I’ll go check that area when I play the game next time. Thanks!

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Ralizah

@shadow-wolf Oh man, I couldn't disagree more. The Wind Waker has the best OST in the entire series. The Outset Island theme. Dragon Roost island. The battle with Molgera's music. Farewell Hyrule King. Also excellent title music. The uniquely beautiful spin on the Fairy Fountain theme. So many amazing tracks.

So far (I still have at least 1/3 of TP left to play, so this may change, who knows), I'd rank the 3D Zelda games' music as such:
1) The Wind Waker
2) Ocarina of Time
3) Breath of the Wild (this would be #1 if its best songs played in more parts of the game)
4) Majora's Mask (although the haunting music that plays when Termina is facing its final hours is probably my favorite track in the entire series)
5) Twilight Princess (it's not bad, but nothing really stands out)

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

LegendOfPokemon

@Ralizah Really? Twilight Princess' Hyrule Field theme is one of my favorite tracks in the entire series. Midna's Lament is also another highlight. (And Faron Woods is great too!)

Edited on by LegendOfPokemon

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Ralizah

@LegendOfPokemon Yeah, the Hyrule Field theme is unpleasantly tinny, and Midna's Lament (even if it did show up in more of the game and wasn't constantly getting interrupted by enemy encounter music), while nice, isn't anything that'll stick with me.

But, you know, to each their own.

shadow-wolf

@Ralizah haha I guess we'll agree to disagree. Perhaps after listening to them again I'd reconsider what I think of Wind Waker's OST. It had good music, just had none of the epic music that Ocarina, Twilight Princess, and Breath of the Wild all had.

I'd probably rank them as:
1. Ocarina
2/3 Breath of the Wild
2/3 Majora's Mask
4. Twilight Princess
5. Wind Waker.

Yes Twilight Princess is #4, but I still liked a lot of the music, especially Midna's Lament and the title music. Surprised you didn't mention Song of Healing or the music when outside the dungeon of Ikana Valley in Majora's Mask, those are excellent songs.

shadow-wolf

Ralizah

Well, the Temple of Time is probably tied with the Forest Temple as the least enjoyable dungeon in the game for me. Super linear, tons of annoying bugs running around everywhere, back-tracking with the statue is a pain, the boss key is really out of the way and required me to go back up half of the dungeon looking for it, and the boss fight is lacking any real excitement or energy.

Also... the sacred object required to access the heavens is a CANNON. Really? What is it with this game and cannons? TWW saw Link getting fired out of a catapult onto an island, and that was a somewhat desperate, risky, and terrifying move for him. Here he just routinely jumps into cannons and shoots himself hundreds of miles across Hyrule. It was bad enough in the desert, but now he's shooting himself onto giant floating cities.

Can I just say that I really appreciate how straightforward the owl statue quest is? I was kind of dreading the process when they first told me what I needed to do, thinking it might turn into an obnoxious ordeal like the triforce shards quest in TWW, but it turned out to be super straight-forward.

Just started the city in the sky dungeon. It's mildly terrifying being surrounded by these oocca things.

Despite all the complaints, I must be enjoying this, as I've logged five hours or so of playtime since just last night.

Edited on by Ralizah

Meowpheel

I find the city in the sky to be very relaxing.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

shadow-wolf

@Ralizah Wow that was pretty fast! You've almost caught up with me lol! This is my second play through so I've played the game before, but I'd still appreciate it if you could hide all spoilers with the spoiler tag going forward.

And the Temple of Time was interesting. I liked the Ocarina callbacks, and I actually liked going back with the statue, it was kinda neat seeing stuff from before used in new ways. Although I agree the boss key location is pretty meh, and the boss itself was even more meh. It's probably the most underwhelming boss I've fought in TP so far.

And I had the exact same thoughts when I got the owl side quest. But TP handled this much much better than Wind Waker did. It was actually fun in some cases. I'm surprised you didn't mention the Hidden Village or Ilia getting her memory back, those were nice sequences.

shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

@Meowpheel I'm actually a fan of Oococo. Idk why but I find her antics hilarious (maybe because of the music?). Plus she's a friendly face in an otherwise foreboding dungeon.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Ralizah

@shadow-wolf Yeah, the owl statue quest is much more enjoyable than finding those triforce shards. I liked figuring out how to access the ancient words .

I guess Ilia regaining her memories and promising herself to Link was sweet. And yeah, I totally forgot about the hidden village. I liked the music that played when you entered it... felt like Link was driving bandits out of some wild west town. And Impaz is obviously a descendant of Impa, right?

Edited on by Ralizah

shadow-wolf

@Ralizah Thanks for the spoiler tags! For now it doesn't matter too much but currently I'm about halfway through the City in the Sky dungeon, so sooner or later you'll probably surpass my progress and then I'd really appreciate the spoiler tags.

Yeah the Hidden Village was supposed to be like a Wild West thing, that was cool. It's hinted (I guess obviously based on the name) that Impaz is a descendant of Impa, but the game doesn't elaborate and I'm not quite sure why Impa abandoned Kakariko in Ocarina to form her own village, but whatever.

shadow-wolf

Tsurii

@shadow-wolf @Ralizah I may be thinking of something else but the hidden village is actually implied to be Kakariko from OoT, iirc

But yah, that sequence is probably the most fun part of Twilight Princess to me. Bonus points if you only sit at the gate and use your bow and/or the scope.

The City in the Sky is probably my least favorite part, while you guys are talking about that lel
And no, not because of the Ooccoos. I just don't like the look and certain enemies annoyed the hell out of 11yo me on my first playthrough and I'm still kinda..spiteful I guess

Some neat stuff coming up tho. I like the final stretch of TP a lot.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

LegendOfPokemon

@Ralizah I'm on my first playthrough (25 hours so far, trying to 100%). I agree, the Forest Temple is my least favorite dungeon so far (the puzzles were incredibly obtuse).

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

shadow-wolf

@Tsurii Really? I didn't realize. Perhaps I could take a second look at it and see what the layout is and compare it to Kakariko from Ocarina. But then that would imply the Kakariko in Twilight Princess is a completely different village, right? Regardless that was a fun segment.

@LegendOfPokemon You're in for a treat, this game is amazing. With the one caveat that it takes a while to get going. Where are you currently at?

shadow-wolf

Tyranexx

shadow-wolf wrote:

And the Temple of Time was interesting. I liked the Ocarina callbacks, and I actually liked going back with the statue, it was kinda neat seeing stuff from before used in new ways. Although I agree the boss key location is pretty meh, and the boss itself was even more meh. It's probably the most underwhelming boss I've fought in TP so far.

This pretty much summarizes how I feel about the Temple of Time. I didn't appreciate the callbacks as well as I should have when I first played through it (it was my first Zelda game), but I'm interested to see what I all notice when I get to playing this version at some point in the next few months.

As for the series and the obsession with cannons, it's one of those things that I just roll with in a series rife with things like zombies, freaky four-year-olds, strange fairy men, ???, and crazy chicken ladies, to name a few.

I'm not overly fond of City In The Sky, partially because the music (just like the Forest Temple) annoys me after a while. It's also incredibly easy in some sections to be knocked off or to fall to your death. The redeeming features here are the item upgrade that you get in this dungeon, and I find the boss to be a fun one.

Video Corner: Possessed by Cappy
Currently playing: FE Fates: Conquest, Donkey Kong Country (Wii U VC), Xenoblade Chronicles X (brief hiatus)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic