Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - OT

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 1,761

shadow-wolf

@Ralizah Nope, she remembers the exact room you were in and brings you there. When you use her (as an item set to Y, X, or R) she warps you out of the dungeon. At that point you can save and quit the game and/or do whatever you want to do outside the dungeon. Once you're ready, INSTEAD of entering the dungeon, you have to use her child (the flying head thing) OUTSIDE the dungeon as an item. Her child will ask you if you want to warp to his mom, so say yes and you'll be warped directly to the room you used Oococo in. To do this you cannot enter the dungeon again, or else she will appear at the entrance and you will lose that checkpoint.

@Meowpheel What did Faore's Wind do? For some reason I barely touched the magic spells of the goddesses in Ocarina.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Ralizah

So, the spinner is an interesting tool. Although it remains to be seen if the tools in this game start becoming useless outside of the dungeon you collect them in. So far, the hookshot, gale boomerang, and bow have all been very useful out and about in the field.

The dungeon itself was fantastic, too. One of my favorites in the series thus far. Really intelligently designed. Not as interconnected as the water temple, but a lot more fun.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Harmonie

@Korosanbo You should play Breath of the Wild. Like ASAP.

Nintendo porting Twilight Princess HD to the Switch would be really ridiculous. They need to bundle it together with The Wind Waker HD - that would be a good deal. As much as I love Twilight Princess, I don't think TPHD alone was worth the money for even one second.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Ralizah

I just started Snowpeak Ruins this morning. It's a... mansion? That's different.

@Harmonie Didn't bother me too much since it came with that really nice Wolf Link amiibo.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah It's definitely one of the most unique dungeons.

Octane

Ralizah

I haven't seen any great fairies in this game yet. Am I just missing them, or what?

Octane

@Ralizah Yes and no. They are technically in the game, as in, there are beings that resemble fairies that are called Great Fairies, but they don't give you power-ups. I believe you're at a point where you can encounter them, but you need to do some optional stuff first, like restoring the Bridge of Eldin, which makes traveling a lot easier too by the way.

Octane

Tyranexx

@Ralizah: Congrats on conquering my favorite dungeon in the whole game! Scratch that, Arbiter's Grounds is one of my favorites in the whole series.

As for Snowpeak Ruins...Yeah, unique is one way to put it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

shadow-wolf

@Octane I'm in a play through of TP HD as well and I don't remember at all where the great fairies are (I last played the game more than 8 years ago). Are they only located in the Cave of Ordeals? Don't tell me where the cave is, but does the game give any hints about their location during the main quest?

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Ralizah

@Octane I just funneled 1000+ rupees toward some sort of bridge repair at Malo's shop, so hopefully that does the job.

It's a bit disappointing that the great fairies don't seem to be nestled in special locations throughout Hyrule.

The Snowpeak Ruins was a decent dungeon, but I feel like, outside of the broad theme of the dungeon, it was fairly unimaginative. A good, meaty Zelda dungeon, but it won't be a favorite of mine going forward, I think.

@Tyranexx Arbiter's Grounds is definitely my favorite dungeon in the game so far, and it compares favorably well to some of the best dungeons in other Zelda games. Fantastic atmosphere, cool puzzles, great tool gimmick, which is also well-integrated into one heck of a boss encounter (not terribly challenging, but enthralling as a set-piece). Having to find the poes also reminds me of one of the better dungeons in Ocarina of Time (the Forest Temple, if I remember correctly).

Octane

@shadow-wolf Yes, and err... no? But the game shows you the location if you do an optional ''side quest''.

@Ralizah That's a different bridge! That's the Castle Town bridge, useful too, but not the one I meant.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Yeah, I just found the actual Bridge of Eldin. I really don't care for all these sections of the game where you need to hunt for bridge pieces. Although this one should have been easy to find, considering how visible it is from a distance. I assumed it was a rock, though.

I do have to say, though, this game makes it MUCH easier not to wander around aimlessly, trying to figure out what to do next than the older Zelda games. There's a fortune teller AND that map in Telma's Bar.

Edited on by Ralizah

Eel

Navi would like to remind you that she tried to tell you where to go.

And again.

And again.

(Talt doesn't care)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Ralizah I believe that happens only twice. First time it's the wooden bridge and it's mandatory, but the Eldin bridge is optional.

Octane

Ralizah

Gotta say, I'm not a huge fan of the music in this game. The hyrule field theme sounds tinny, and I've yet to find any real earworms. The most memorable piece of music so far has been the fanfare that plays immediately after beating a boss. Even if it's not particularly hard to beat, something about horns blaring after you take it down just seals the deal and makes you feel good.

Although nothing will probably ever match the "quest clear" theme from MH4U. That music made even picking mushrooms seem like a heroic feat after the fact.

I will say, though, the Arbiter's Grounds had nicely atmospheric music. I liked pretty much everything about that dungeon.

Edited on by Ralizah

shadow-wolf

@Ralizah I have to respectfully disagree. Twilight Princess has some nice music, although not as much as Ocarina of Time it still had more than Wind Waker IMHO (I can't really remember anything from Wind Waker except the cool sea music during the minor boss fights).

Off the top of my head, Twilight Princess has Midna's Lament (what played when Midna was in danger of dying), Queen Rutella's theme (the much improved version of Serenade of Water from Ocarina), the remixed version of Saria's Song in the Lost Woods, and the excellent title music.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

@Octane Could you give me a few hints about this side quest? I'd like to find the place organically so I'd appreciate a few hints over telling me directly where it is.

shadow-wolf

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.