Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - OT

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 1,761

Ralizah

@shadow-wolf I played the first five or so hours in one go at launch in 2015 and didn't touch it again for years. I've been avoiding it because I was afraid I'd need to replay the horrible opening hours after such a long absence, but that turned out not to be the case.

Anyway, I'll keep updating this thread with my impressions, positive or negative. Hopefully there's no more dungeons where you have to run around freeing monkeys.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Ralizah

@Haru17 I tend to not be a huge fan of open world games as a general rule. BotW is a massive exception. It's more survival mode Minecraft than Skyrim, thankfully.

And I don't dislike the dual protagonist aspect of TLOU. Just everything else about it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Eel

Other than a small callback late in the game, I can guarantee the rest of the game is monkey free.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

shadow-wolf

@Ralizah It'll be interesting to hear your impressions as you play the game!

Interesting how you like Wind Waker that much. I first played it last year, and while I loved the art style, that triforce quest really did make me loathe the game. I felt like quite a bit of it is spent just traversing the boring seas, which look nice but are too monotonous for me to be fun. Not to mention combat felt a bit oversimplified with how pressing A at certain prompts magically made Link jump in the air and slash down. And scouring the whole map to find the fish scrolls to get a complete map was quite a drag. I still enjoyed it overall but for me personally it's a tier below Ocarina and TP and Majora.

I also really liked the story in TP vs that in Wind Waker and also Ocarina. TP's story, as you'll find out, is very multi-faceted with lots of different threads merging together at the end. The game handles it well and makes the story feel very interesting.

@Meowpheel Yeah I understand where you're coming from, but it's not just the waggle but the overall Wii remotes itself (how they lost analogue stick camera control, how they felt "disembodied" with the nunchuck and remote, how you needed to point carefully at the sensor bar, etc.) though that's mostly reflecting my dislike of the Wii in general.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Haru17

Breath of the Wild's monkeys are lies.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

shadow-wolf

@Haru17 Dang you really seemed to have disliked BotW. Maybe if you give it another go it might be more interesting? It certainly didn't have the complex multilayered dungeons of previous games, but it offered a different style that was more free and physics based and had more than one solution, even if they were much easier as a result. You should give it an open mind and try it again, I did that with Twilight Princess and it made me go from disliking the game to loving it.

Although just curious, were there even monkeys in BotW? I don't remember monkeys, apes, gorillas, etc. at all in the game.

shadow-wolf

Ralizah

@shadow-wolf Yeah, like I said, the triforce shards quest is garbage. The combat IS simple, but I liked how fast and responsive it was. As for ocean navigation... that's very much a subjective thing. I thought it was a nice change for the series, but I can see how someone might find it boring. And, of course, it's somewhat tedious before you get the swift sail, which must have hurt the original GameCube release.

It's good to hear the story is interesting in Twilight Princess. I actually really like Midna so far. She''s very abrasive, but in a fun way, which is... different for Nintendo.

Haru17

@shadow-wolf I completed grass simulator 2K17, all 100% of it. That game is so repetitive already replaying it is a chore.

And I'm making fun of Generic Faron having monkey call ambient noise despite monkeys not existing in the game.

Eel

@haru17 for a second there I thought your avatar was a really fat Midna scratching her belly and had to double check.

I should go to sleep.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Ralizah

Meowpheel wrote:

sxratxhing

Sleep is indeed advisable.

But no, I've made that mistake as well.

Edited on by Ralizah

Haru17

@Meowpheel They're both grayish black and white-colored, I could see it.

Edited on by Haru17

Octane

That's why this game needs a remake, and not a cheap re-texturing.

It's different. But that's what I like about it. It comes from a time when we got a lot of weird Nintendo games. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are still the most unique Zelda games in art style and theme. Same is true for Mario Sunshine in a way. I wish Nintendo did that a bit more often. I wish they did that with Star Fox instead of another unoriginal SNES/64 reboot/retelling of the same old story. But don't do Adventures.

Octane

-Green-

I still find TP to be the least pleasing Zelda game to look at. Some of the character’s look genuinely good, but yeah.

It sits in a strange area for me.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

LuckyLand

For me it is the opposite. Twilight princess is the only Zelda game that uses an art style that I absolutely love. Everything is so evocative, elegant and charming. I really hope that this game will be released on Switch some day. I realy like it A LOT and the graphic style is probably the thing I love the most about it.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Ralizah

I should say: I really like how the light spirits are portrayed. They really do come off as these ancient and mystical entities, which I thought was a cool touch.

@Tsurii Fair enough. Sounds like it suffers from FFXIII syndrome. You know: "It gets better later on." With that said, TP seems a lot more bearable in the meantime.

@Octane I would argue that Majora's Mask is the most unique of the Zelda games I've played. There's... almost nothing else like it. Not just in Zelda, but in gaming in general. It's absolutely brilliant.

Edited on by Ralizah

Eel

Yes the game has some of the best and most memorable dungeons in the series. Not all of them, but some really stand out.

Bloop.

Ralizah

So, this morning, I engaged in a duel with some warthog-riding ogre that kidnapped a child, learned sumo wrestling (!!), and cleared the Goron Mines.

Two things I liked:

• Fun dungeon. Pretty linear, but that just meant I could tear through it quickly and painlessly.
  • It's nice to see this game has a sense of humor.

Two things I disliked:

(won't mention the terrible horse controls, as that just means it is indeed a Zelda game)

• Midna bugging me to get a new shield every five seconds after my wooden one burned up near the end of the dungeon was annoying.
  • Ooccoo is terrifying. Hopefully I can burn it at some point and rid the world of its unholy presence.

Misc.:
Totally-not-a-Native-American-chieftan Renado has a luscious set of smackers that would put Angelina Jolie to shame.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Is this your first time playing through the game?

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.