Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - OT

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,761

cookiex

I believe the Majora's Mask moon is the moon, and the face was created by Majora's magic once it was pulled out of orbit. If you were to perform the 4th day glitch you can apparently still spot the moon in the far distance where it originated.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

UGXwolf

Problem is that that moon is hollow. If that's the real moon, it's not doing a whole lot for the gravitational pull. If that's the only moon, we have a lot of problems with the ohysics of the situation.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Eel

It's a game made in about a year about a little alternate universe where people have an unhealthy obsession with masks and festivals.

It doesn't need to make scientific sense.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

UGXwolf wrote:

Problem is that that moon is hollow. If that's the real moon, it's not doing a whole lot for the gravitational pull. If that's the only moon, we have a lot of problems with the ohysics of the situation.

Nah, the moon is fine regardless if it's hollow or not and a lot better than two moons, imagine the fish and wolfos going crazy due to having two moons.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

UGXwolf

@Morpheel: While I agree, this started by asking if the moon "evaporating" would cause some serious problems for the Zoras. It's already a physics issue.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Eel

Well, if you really want to discuss about that. Judging by the events of the game, it would seem that in this universe the moon has no other purpose besides being a decorative object in the sky.

It coming near the world has no effect on the planet at all (all the problems in the region were caused directly by the skull kid). The water in great bay is murky, but it's clearly not being pulled or pushed violently over the course of the three days.

So, the moon disappearing would probably have no effect at all, either.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Blast

Lol... People dissecting the story in a Zelda game... An element that is not the strongest in the series. Zelda games runs on two things: the experience and the puzzle solving. Not story. There might be cool moments in a Zelda story but not the overall story is impressive. I can't think of one Zelda story that impressed me from beginning to end.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

jump

Blast wrote:

Lol... People dissecting the story in a Zelda game... An element that is not the strongest in the series. Zelda games runs on two things: the experience and the puzzle solving. Not story. There might be cool moments in a Zelda story but not the overall story is impressive. I can't think of one Zelda story that impressed me from beginning to end.

People aren't dissecting the story, they are dissecting the science of it....

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Blast

arronishere wrote:

Blast wrote:

People aren't dissecting the story, they are dissecting the science of it....

Lol pls.

Master of the Hype Train

Yoshi

Guys, it's a Nintendo game.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Haru17

UGXwolf wrote:

The moon coming down in Majora's Mask isn't the real moon. It's a magic moon summoned by Majora. It doesn't kill by impact. It's way too slow for that. It creates a massive explosion. Besides, I could be wrong, but I seem to recall a regular moon being in the sky alongside the magic one.

1) Source?

Blast wrote:

Well, this is a thread about Twilight Princess, and we were talking about Majora's Mask, so that makes you wrong. Maybe story isn't crucial to your SNES trash, but in my higher standard of game it is.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Eel

Then again, this is a series that keeps referencing, reusing and reimagining the same story from the snes game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

TuVictus

UGXwolf wrote:

Because the whole issue with magical masks and floating imps and giant spirits is not what makes the game unrealistic. Just the hollow moon, lol

TuVictus

Eel

And we don't really know if its actually hollow. Just because it has a mouth it doesn't mean it is completely empty inside.

The infinite grass plains with the tree? I always imagined that had more to do with Majora than with the moon.

Bloop.

TuVictus

Yeah I agree. For all we know it could just be some sort of teleporter to some grassy dimension?

TuVictus

Blast

@Haru17: LMAO so fiesty. Relax. I'm a guy who cares alot about storytelling in games. I just stopped expecting an impressive one from Zelda. And that's not an insult to Zelda games. It's not happening until Aonuma does a spinoff or something.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Morpheel wrote:

Then again, this is a series that keeps referencing, reusing and reimagining the same story from the snes game.

Lmao

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Kinan wrote:

@Blast: To be fair, Going by Miyamoto's own words, gameplay comes first. Story is not the main focus of Zelda games, but it still tells a decent tale, even if it's not as ground breaking as some of Bethesda's work.

Sometimes Miyamoto's ideology that gameplay comes before story has hurt certain Nintendo games while in other cases it actually helped. And like I said about Zelda... They're usually nice stories. I just don't expect anything amazing story wise from them anymore. I've realized that a spinoff needs to happen in order for a very impressive and even groundbreaking Zelda story happens. By the way, there's 3rd party developers that balance high attention to gameplay AND story very well.

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

The merits of Nintendo game stories are never the main objective, ie, the big bad, but rather the bends that journey takes along its course. That being said, Twilight Princess tells a great classical fantasy story. It's concept is typical, but the execution is amazing. The cutscene direction is honestly the best I've seen in a game ever.

Kinan wrote:

To be fair, Going by Miyamoto's own words, gameplay comes first. Story is not the main focus of Zelda games, but it still tells a decent tale, even if it's not as ground breaking as some of Bethesda's work.

Miyamoto doesn't make Zelda. And in traditional terms Zelda main quest stories are better stories than Bethesda main quest or faction stories. Bethesda games are about world building and excel in that capacity. There isn't a central focus of their stories, so Zelda beats them in that capacity.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

@Haru17: Not trying to pick a fight with you... But are you saying you like the cutscenes direction of TP or the story specifically? Please enlighten me on what happened in TP you thought was great storywise. I'm honestly asking. The only moment I can think of is when Midna is laying on Wolf Link's back while she's really hurt. I guess that scene where Link is trying to save the kids is great too. But overall? Enlighten me why you say the execution was great. You even called TP a great classical Fantasy story. Don't get angry. Lol

Master of the Hype Train

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.