Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - OT

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,761

TuVictus

Ironing that evenly is gonna be a challenge, that's for sure

TuVictus

Dezzy

That's pretty impressive. Did you use some kind of pixel decomposition of an image or did you just do it entirely manually?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

veeflames

@jariw: Nice. Reminds me of the Samus my brother and I made with perler beads.
Awesome work.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

jariw

@Chandlero: About 1 hour per square, so I guess around 6 hours. And of course some additional time for initial planning before and ironing afterwards.

@Operative: Yes, it's tricky for large patterns, but Zelda is now on the wall together with the rest of the pixel bead patterns:
Untitled

@Dezzy: I used a free program called "Perler" (http://dolkow.se/perler/), which is a Java program. It's pretty powerful, once you learn the options and how the work. For this picture, I turned OFF dithering of the beads in the program.

jariw

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

well, not everyone had one of those special edition discs.

I'm not entirely sure how I got mine. We certainly didn't buy it.

It was bundled with most gamecubes one year. I got it, and got into Zelda, only by chance.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Late

@jariw: Wow. It looks really nice. I have quite a few (around 100) bead sprites on my wall and that Zelda would look really nice next to others. I haven't made anything new for half a year now but I hope I can get back into beads again. I'm from Europe so I mainly use Hama beads but I have bought some Perlers and PhotoPearls/Nabbis too since none of them have all the colors I need to make some of the sprites as close to the originals as possible.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

jariw

Late wrote:

@jariw: Wow. It looks really nice. I have quite a few (around 100) bead sprites on my wall and that Zelda would look really nice next to others. I haven't made anything new for half a year now but I hope I can get back into beads again. I'm from Europe so I mainly use Hama beads but I have bought some Perlers and PhotoPearls/Nabbis too since none of them have all the colors I need to make some of the sprites as close to the originals as possible.

I now use Hama exclusively (I order directly from Hama's online shop), since I think their color chart with about 80 colors covers just about everything I need to do, and since ironing PhotoPearls and Hama mixed together didn't work that well for me. Perler's default Hama palette doesn't include all the Hama colors, so I add some colors manually when needed.

To keep this a bit on topic: I'm looking for a good TP:HD-style Link portrait picture to go with the Zelda, where the green hat is mostly behind the head (instead of horizontally). Anyone?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Sticker

I really hope they improve the graphics before release. Ilia face looks like a duck.

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

jariw

@Sticker: It's pretty well-known by now that it's Hyrulian botox.

jariw

Dezzy

People in the UK: thegamecollection.net already has this game (without amiibo) cheaper than anywhere else. They also have a 10% sale that ends tomorrow. So if you're quick, get this for £29 today!

jump

Dezzy wrote:

People in the UK: thegamecollection.net already has this game (without amiibo) cheaper than anywhere else. They also have a 10% sale that ends tomorrow. So if you're quick, get this for £29 today!

You can also get it with the Amiibo for £37.99 at Zavvi.com which is the cheapest I've seen.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

arronishere wrote:

You can also get it with the Amiibo for £37.99 at Zavvi.com which is the cheapest I've seen.

Thanks, that sounds good. But I Amiidon't.......damn that really felt like a pun would work there.

renaryuugufan92

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

VelvetElvis

Neat Easter egg, brought to you by the most insufferable YouTube commentator I've ever heard.

Jesus.

VelvetElvis

Dezzy

Haha that guy is like the sterotype of what people think is wrong with youtubers. Replace interesting ideas and conversation with just screaming then upload.

TuVictus

I've met the dude in person. He's very obnoxious in person. At least, when it comes to Zelda.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Haru17

Sticker wrote:

I really hope they improve the graphics before release. Ilia face looks like a duck.

She ain't the only one.

Untitled

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.