Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - OT

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,761

renaryuugufan92

Operative wrote:

Is there any practical reason WW and TP HD are at 30 FPS? Like that's how the game was designed and it just wouldn't function correctly at 60, or is it just "eh, looks good enough at 30"

To be fair when Nintendo remasters their games they like to keep the feel as close to the original as possible even with the changes made to each remaster. Change too much and people will complain (like they did initially over WWHD's bloom, or in general for TPHD now... either way once its out people will like it regardless so XD) or vice versa it seems lately. Anyway back to the fps thing because the exceptions to this was the 3DS remasters Ocarina of Time 3D and MM3D which had their fps increased from 24 to 30.

also. new GameXplain vid everyone =3

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Dezzy

Tainy wrote:

Don't get the wrong idea though. I'm almost always rooting for 60 frames. Don't buy the "cinematic" argument in 90% of cases.

That's cos the "cinematic argument" is nonsense that was invented to convince morons! There are some games where it doesn't really make much difference to your experience if it's 30fps (e.g Final Fantasy Tactics). But there really aren't any where it improves anything and no-one's ever suggested a reason why it would.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

Dezzy wrote:

Tainy wrote:

Don't get the wrong idea though. I'm almost always rooting for 60 frames. Don't buy the "cinematic" argument in 90% of cases.

That's cos the "cinematic argument" is nonsense that was invented to convince morons! There are some games where it doesn't really make much difference to your experience if it's 30fps (e.g Final Fantasy Tactics). But there really aren't any where it improves anything and no-one's ever suggested a reason why it would.

Yeah, that's true. Although I'd argue that there are more games were 60fps isn't necessary. 30fps never bothered me in Zelda games, but I prefer racing and fighting games in 60fps. For a Zelda game, the actions are slow enough that it doesn't matter that much, I'd rather see more resources put into resolution and environments.

Octane

Sticker

I wonder if they got around to cleaning up the animations in this HD remaster. Would be funny if this still happens:
Untitled
For those that don't know, it happens every time but only for a single frame. You wouldn't notice when playing but it is still funny to point it out in a video and blow minds.

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

Yeah, that's true. Although I'd argue that there are more games were 60fps isn't necessary. 30fps never bothered me in Zelda games, but I prefer racing and fighting games in 60fps. For a Zelda game, the actions are slow enough that it doesn't matter that much, I'd rather see more resources put into resolution and environments.

Sure, there are quite a lot of games where 30fps is fine. I don't take it to the kind of Total Biscuit level where I get annoyed by every single game. Zelda's in the middle for me. I don't think it makes that much difference for most of the gameplay, because most of the action stuff is fairly low-risk (as opposed to something like Dark Souls where split-second decisions can mean a lot).
In a game like Zelda U, I'd prefer 1080p and 30fps, if that was a necessary trade off. In this, I'd prefer 720p and 60fps because this game isn't as attractive.

Shinion

@Dezzy: The day I hear Eji Anouma say that such-and-such a feature in a Zelda game has been inspired by Ubisoft doing such-and-such a thing in their game is the day that I will sell all my consoles, games and controllers and go and buy a few pairs of binoculars and start train spotting in my free time instead.

Shinion

Ralizah

@Dezzy: That's a neat idea, and seems like it might become more necessary this gen as AAA third party developers run up against the limitations of what the PS4 and Xbone's aging tech can provide.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

TheLastLugia wrote:

I will sell all my consoles, games and controllers and go and buy a few pairs of binoculars and start train spotting in my free time instead.

Occulus Rift will offer this.

ducktrapper

Been looking at the comparison video. I am probably the only one who prefers the original, I take it? The HD remaster seems to show up the imperfections and at times I think I'm looking at a N64 game. I prefer the mistiness and the dream-like quality of the original. The game was a masterpiece and I never thought the graphics, artistically, were anything less than magnificent. Will stick with the original.

Edited on by ducktrapper

ducktrapper

Dezzy

Lol don't tell developers you find it "misty". They'll start using that as a euphemism for low res textures like with the "cinematic" thing.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Lol don't tell developers you find it "misty". They'll start using that as a euphemism for low res textures like with the "cinematic" thing.

I think the fuzziness lends to Twilight Princess' mood in a way that it does not to most games. All the recent AC games, the Division—basically anything open world and Ubisoft—looks faded and ugly to me. They need to ease up on the draw distance and stop washing out their world's color.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Grumblevolcano

@Haru17: But it's most certainly not intentional, the fuzziness is just a result of how weak the Wii's hardware is and so it makes sense to clear it up in the Wii U version which has the power that Wii should've been aiming for.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Haru17: But it's most certainly not intentional, the fuzziness is just a result of how weak the Wii's hardware is and so it makes sense to clear it up in the Wii U version which has the power that Wii should've been aiming for.

It wasn't a Wii game. It was developed for the gamecube. They planned for the 480p.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

doubleobevin

To be honest I don't know why anybody would ever complain at the main console Zelda's being 30FPS. I mean, they're relatively slow paced, it feels smooth and fluid, and drawing 30FPS instead of 60FPS means a lot more can be on screen or happen at once. It's a perfect balance, surely?

doubleobevin

Grumblevolcano

@Haru17: But the graphics look worse on the Wii version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.