Wii U Forum

Topic: Time for new IPs?

Showing 61 to 80 of 107

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

61. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

ExciteTruck has no assets taken from ExcitBike, so why should it be considered a 'classic IP'?

IP is, at least for the sake of this thread/logic, about name only. So while I agree with your logic to a point, you are factually wrong.

Chrono_Cross wrote:

It's still apart of the Excite series. Excite is the name of the franchise i.e. Super Mario or Legend of Zelda.

I actually had no idea that the franchise as a whole was called 'Excite'. Have to apologize for that.

Chrono_Cross wrote:

There's no denying this, and to compare assets of an NES game to a Wii one, is absurd.

Why would that be absurd? Almost every franchise today that is considered a 'classic' uses most, if not all, assets from the former games in the same series. Every asset from the original Mario game have been tweaked, re-imagined, re-designed and built upon a million times by now.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Grumpalo

62. Posted:

[quote=Peach64]
I'm not talking about new kinds of games, I'm talking about new characters. I don't think Nintendo would consider any of the characters from The Last Story or Pandora's Tower or even Wonderful 101 to be theirs, even if they co-own the IPs and Xenoblade is part of the Xenosaga series? I guess... can you imagine characters from those games, or games like Pushmo and Dillon's Rolling Western to show up in a future Smash Bros?

I'm definitely hoping for Dillon as a playable character, I think pushmo will be represented as either a stage or an assist

Back to the main point though: I would like to see some new IP's, and I'm happy to see so many hitting the eshop, but I can see how financially it makes a lot of sense to stick existing IP's onto new game ideas. You can guarentee that amrioo Galaxy would not have sold as well if it was anew character in the lead role.
A good idea for them would be to take smaller risks by (as theyre doing) creating smaller new games with new IP's for the eshop, then those that are recieved well get a bugger budget and a new game made as a full scale, big budget retail release.

Grumpalo

Nintendo Network ID: Grumpalo

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

63. Posted:

"I want new IPs!" New IPs get released "I want new IPs"

I love how some of these users ignore any new games.

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Amigaengine

64. Posted:

Nintendo and 3rd parties release tons of new IP's does not mean people will buy them.

Twitter: AmigaEngine

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

65. Posted:

The Wonderful 101 is a new IP right?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

66. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

The Wonderful 101 is a new IP right?

Yes and the rights are owned by Nintendo.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

67. Posted:

Then how about LEGO City? Can we count that as a Nintendo IP? All 2 games in the series are only on Nintendo Consoles and published by Nintendo.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

68. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Then how about LEGO City? Can we count that as a Nintendo IP? All 2 games in the series are only on Nintendo Consoles and published by Nintendo.

In general yes, but if its rights are not owned by Nintendo, then it's not a new Nintendo IP.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AbeVigoda

69. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Then how about LEGO City? Can we count that as a Nintendo IP? All 2 games in the series are only on Nintendo Consoles and published by Nintendo.

In general yes, but if its rights are not owned by Nintendo, then it's not a new Nintendo IP.

I think you would have a hard time trying to convince anybody that Lego is a Nintendo IP....

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have links to use as proof." - SCAR392

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ReindeerDasher

70. Posted:

LEGO City is Nintendo exclusive, not Nintendo IP.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kereke12

71. Posted:

Hey I said the similar thing last month

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

72. Posted:

AbeVigoda wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Then how about LEGO City? Can we count that as a Nintendo IP? All 2 games in the series are only on Nintendo Consoles and published by Nintendo.

In general yes, but if its rights are not owned by Nintendo, then it's not a new Nintendo IP.

I think you would have a hard time trying to convince anybody that Lego is a Nintendo IP....

I'm not declaring anything. I wasn't entirely sure as I'm not the one that would be informed of this information as it doesn't interest me whatsoever.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AbeVigoda

73. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Then how about LEGO City? Can we count that as a Nintendo IP? All 2 games in the series are only on Nintendo Consoles and published by Nintendo.

In general yes, but if its rights are not owned by Nintendo, then it's not a new Nintendo IP.

I think you would have a hard time trying to convince anybody that Lego is a Nintendo IP....

I'm not declaring anything. I wasn't entirely sure as I'm not the one that would be informed of this information as it doesn't interest me whatsoever.

Nah, I wasn't directing that at you, just quoting you in reply to the original comment

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have links to use as proof." - SCAR392

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

74. Posted:

It was just a question out of curiosity.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

carnage2211

75. Posted:

It would be pretty awesome to have a starfox game with actually good on foot missions and a really good multiplayer, like a dog fight mode(star ships) and an assault mode (on foot).

It would be awesome if they re-did Ice climbers kinda like how they did with Kid Icarus.

New IPs would also be very good I would like to see a really unique ip that would appeal to adults and teens, with a great story and stuff

Poop

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RedRocBoy

76. Posted:

Been a Nintendo supporter since the beginning, and I definitely think they need to make some new mature IPs. They could bring back titles, Eternal Darkness,Conduit,etc. I think they also need some fresh young minds along with the vets. I believe they'll get it together.

RedRocBoy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RedRocBoy

77. Posted:

carnage2211 wrote:

It would be pretty awesome to have a starfox game with actually good on foot missions and a really good multiplayer, like a dog fight mode(star ships) and an assault mode (on foot).

It would be awesome if they re-did Ice climbers kinda like how they did with Kid Icarus.

New IPs would also be very good I would like to see a really unique ip that would appeal to adults and teens, with a great story and stuff

HELL YEAH! NINTENDO MUST READ THIS. MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!

RedRocBoy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LavaTwilight

78. Posted:

How about Generic-Looking Action Figure from last years' E3? He would make a kool new IP, esp as an RPG-based cross between Mario and Zelda with a metroidvania feel and Fire-Emblem strategy?

LavaTwilight

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Grumpalo

79. Posted:

LavaTwilight wrote:

How about Generic-Looking Action Figure from last years' E3? He would make a kool new IP, esp as an RPG-based cross between Mario and Zelda with a metroidvania feel and Fire-Emblem strategy?

I would love to see something more of Non-Specific Action Figure! Maybe in Smash bros too?

Grumpalo

Nintendo Network ID: Grumpalo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LavaTwilight

80. Posted:

Grumpalo wrote:

LavaTwilight wrote:

How about Generic-Looking Action Figure from last years' E3? He would make a kool new IP, esp as an RPG-based cross between Mario and Zelda with a metroidvania feel and Fire-Emblem strategy?

I would love to see something more of Non-Specific Action Figure! Maybe in Smash bros too?

That's the guy...

LavaTwilight