Forums

Topic: Thrid Party Support for Nintendo 2014

Posts 61 to 70 of 70

Mahe

I'm waiting for FAST Racing Neo and Shovel Knight. I don't have any other third-party games for any system on my radar right now besides those two.

Mahe

kkslider5552000

Honestly, what I'm expecting to happen is for Wii U to get a ton of well liked/highly praised indie titles and for those to be the new 3rd party Nintendo titles that "don't count because reasons", Little King's Story style.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

HankLangley

i'm gonna pull a grammar know it all and say Third is spelt wrong in the thread title.

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

MAN1AC

Indies are cool but 9/10 just dont do anything for me.

I want to see them spend some of that DS and WIi money on games with decent budgets. They got themselves into this situation so I'd like to see them at least attempt to buy themselves out of it with some major moves. Id like to get major 3rd party support but it looks like that's not going to happen. It is what it is. If you arent going to invest that cash in hardware then spend it on 3rd parties.Give me 3-5 major games a year that arent Mario, DK, Zelda etc.

I'm constantly being reminded how Nintendo has all this cash...well, let's see it.. Give me more surprises like Bayonetta 2. I will be supporting that game because I know it will be of quality. I understand Nintendo is pretty much out of touch with the west and there's little to no chance of getting support from those publishers, but they do have a clue and some weight over seas. You telling me Sega, Capcom, and all the rest of these Japanese companies that have fallen from grace wont take some more money from Nintendo? I seriously doubt it.

Write those checks and fill in those software gaps, Iwata.

Edited on by MAN1AC

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Metaknight_3Raw

SCAR392 wrote:

@Metaknight_3Raw
Like I always say, these businesses don't share every piece of information they have. If they did, we'd probably know EA's launch lin-up for the entire generation. I trust that EA is still a partner of Nintendo. They still have a license, they have their engine running on Wii U, Nintendo's been around for 30+ years, etc.

Apparentky, the COO of EA saying Nintendo isn't "dead", isn't enough? That's why I can't really take a lot of replies seriously. That's why I'm saying that even though EA's actions show no support, we still will never know what goes on, behind the scenes, so it's not really ever worth drawing a conclusion, either way.

If you're positive, you're a "fanboy". If you're critical, you're a "hater". It's better not to assume, either way, and it ultimately doesn't matter, because it's not our decision. I've already given reasons why 3rd parties should or will be supporting Nintendo, and plenty of people have given reasons why 3rd parties shouldn't or won't support Nintendo. It's better to just leave it at that.

It's true, we don't know what's going on behind closed doors. There have been rumours that they had disagreed over implementing Origin into Nintendo's network but there is no official word about this. I think it's best not to be too 'Nintendo are perfect' or too doom and gloom there is a middle ground. The thing is, it's an objective fact the studios who have declared games for everything but Wii U. I'm not being a hater it's down in black and white. If they had something why would they announce it at a different time from the PS4/PC/XB1 versions.

But yeah, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Metaknight_3Raw

DexInDaJungle

MrGawain wrote:

I've tried to like a variety of 3rd party games, I really have. I liked Darksiders 2, Injustice and the Batman games, the lego franchise has been good, FIFA, and The Sonic games. But I was deeply let down by Assassin's Creed, Rayman, and Just bought today Need for Speed. I've seen gameplay of COD, Zombi U Splinter Cell, Deus Ex and Mass Effect, and they've left me somewhat cold. Controls, stability, level design, character 'floatiness', overpriced DLC, moral compass, They all add up to something I don't like.

The truth is Nintendo games have spoilt me, their games feel... like finished products. First off I wanted to support the Wii U by buying 3rd party games I haven't tried before, but I can't justify buying a game I know I won't even like a bit- which is what I'm thinking about Watchdogs. If this is the sort of thing that is the pinnacle of PS and Xbox type gaming, then I hold my hands up and say it isn't for me. And I'm guessing by 3rd party sales figures I'm not the only person who thinks that.

If Nintendo did go the way of the dodo (hopefully not), I would probably give up games consoles completely.

Finally, someone who is honest. Well I think its totally fine not to like those types of games just like there are people who aren't into Nintendos types of games. But I have to disagree with you on one thing. I think that the reason people aren't buying those third party titles on the Wii U is probably because a lot of them own a PS3/PS4, Xbox 360/One or a PC that is able to handle those games. Im not trying to be one of those guys who says they run better on those consoles or whatever, I just feel like they are easier to play on those consoles because of the controllers. Also, those games have been well established on those consoles. When people think Call of Duty or whatever, they usually think Xbox 360 or PS3. I don't believe Asylum or the first few Assassins Creed games ever came out for the Wii so why should a Wii U owner be interested in a series of games of which they never got to get into properly. Why would I want to start with Arkham Origins or City when I never played the first title? I think that plays more of a role than people think.

Twitter:

Skyfox2000

Maybe The Wii U Will Pick Up This Year

Skyfox2000

Nintendo Network ID: Skyfox2000

Skyfox2000

I Don't believe Square is going to put any More Deus Ex Games On Wii U Giving That it Only Sold 00.4 Global.

Skyfox2000

sub12

They should have ported over Tomb Raider instead of Deus Ex: Human Revolution...........I think the first would have sold better with the Nintendo audience. I've only heard get good things about Deus Ex: HR, but I have yet to play it though and it's never caught my interest really, Tomb Raider however was probably in my top three games of 2013, so, I'm a bit partial to it.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

Skyfox2000

sub12 wrote:

They should have ported over Tomb Raider instead of Deus Ex: Human Revolution...........I think the first would have sold better with the Nintendo audience. I've only heard get good things about Deus Ex: HR, but I have yet to play it though and it's never caught my interest really, Tomb Raider however was probably in my top three games of 2013, so, I'm a bit partial to it.

They Gave an Excuse "it would be too different"

Skyfox2000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.