Forums

Topic: Thrid Party Support for Nintendo 2014

Posts 21 to 40 of 70

skywake

Lets just take a step back and think about what third party multiplatform titles actually mattered this year. I'd argue it was GTA, Assassin's Creed, CoD, Battlefield and FIFA. If you were thinking content and not just sales then you'd probably add Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite to that list.

Of those it well and truly missed out on Bioshock but I wouldn't expect that to appear as a port to any of the current gen consoles. So it's a loss to all of them. Tomb Raider and Battlefield just skipped over Nintendo entirely despite being on everything else and FIFA dodged the Wii U despite being on even the Wii this year. Those were the ones that should have you worried.

However the rest I wouldn't go on about too much. GTA hasn't come to Wii U yet but it's also not confirmed for PS4, XBOne or even PC yet. It's fairly safe to say that given how well it has done it'll be ported over to more platforms and it's one of only a few games that's evergreen. The Wii U could well be in their sights. Assassin's Creed and CoD on the other hand have been coming to Wii U since the start and there's no confirmation that the next version won't come. Assassin's Creed in particular I would be fairly surprised if Ubisoft didn't put it on the Wii U.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

nintendork666

Jaz007 wrote:

You're all forgetting the amazing Spider-Man 2.

I'm super-down for this. Really enjoyed the first game on my PS3. Would love to buy a sequel for the Wii U

nintendork666

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9002-5275 | Nintendo Network ID: Ndork666

Jazzer94

First half of the year is looking very barron interms of 3rd party support hopefully Nintendo are trying a bit harder with dvelopers and we'll have some announcements at E3.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

skywake

First half of the year is always barron for gaming in general. If you discount older games and counter the exclusives with the exclusives the other guys are getting it's about one game gap between the Wii U and the other current gen consoles. The Wii U is not getting Theif basically and it's missing out on the port of Tomb Raider. Those other guys get their Titanfalls and Infamous while the Wii U gets Donkey Kong.

That's basically the balance for the first half of the year as it is.

shingi_70

skywake wrote:

First half of the year is always barron for gaming in general. If you discount older games and counter the exclusives with the exclusives the other guys are getting it's about one game gap between the Wii U and the other current gen consoles. The Wii U is not getting Theif basically and it's missing out on the port of Tomb Raider. Those other guys get their Titanfalls and Infamous while the Wii U gets Donkey Kong.

Well it actually comes down to

Wii U
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart

PS4
Infamous
MLB the show 14
Thief
Tomb Raider
Wolfenstien

Xbox One
Kienct Sports Rivals
Titanfsll
Plants vs Zombies garden Warfare
Theif
Tomb Raider
Wolfenstien

I agree xbox one and PS4 will have a drought especially once summer hits but I don't think it will be as bad as the Wii Us drought was, with rumors that's the good sales nuunbers of the two systems are casuinh more ports to be quickly put in the works or. Best of collections like a next gen mass effect Triology.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Samurai_Goroh

luisesteban wrote:

And even Watch_Dogs can't be given by sure.

Watch Dogs is by now too far in development to let a Wii U version go to waste. Ubisoft confirmed the game for Wii U, and they would have to be pretty moronic to cancel it now.

Samurai_Goroh

luisesteban

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

And even Watch_Dogs can't be given by sure.

Watch Dogs is by now too far in development to let a Wii U version go to waste. Ubisoft confirmed the game for Wii U, and they would have to be pretty moronic to cancel it now.

I really hope so.

luisesteban

jump

Aliens: Colonial Marines and Crysis 3 were both canned despite both apparently running on the Wii U, one due to being rubbish and the other because they had trouble with publishers support. I doubt that would happen with Watch Dogs, Ubisoft are still pro-nintendo but poor sales with mean no more support.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DudeSean

I'm sure Wii U will get the new CoD in November, especially since Treyarch is making it.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

skywake

shingi_70 wrote:

Wii U
Mario Kart

PS4
Infamous
MLB the show 14
Thief
Tomb Raider
Wolfenstien

Xbox One
Kienct Sports Rivals
Titanfsll
Theif
Tomb Raider
Wolfenstien

Well to be fair to my comparisons I didn't include Wolfenstein because it was TBC and I didn't include MLB because it's not coming out in Australia also the fact that I didn't think anyone really cared. Same with Plants vs Zombies and Kinect Sports if we're being really honest. Rayman Legends which you didn't mention as well as Tomb Raider I don't think rate because they're last years games and can be found fairly cheaply on other platforms now. I don't see either selling systems or keeping early adopters that happy. Also I forgot Mario Kart 8 so.... I think my post was pretty much on the money.

Actually go even further, lets be really unfair with measuring this next six months. Compare XBOne, PS4 and Wii U for the first half of the year to the third party poor Wii U in the second half of last year. Being reasonably selective Wii U last half of 2013 got Pikmin, Wind Waker, The W101, Rayman Legends, Assassin's Creed, Batman, CoD, 3D World, Splinter Cell, Disney Infinity, Sonic: Lost World. Collectively the three current gen systems are getting Mario Kart, DK, Rayman Legends, Infamous, Thief, Tomb Raider, Titanfall and I'll thrown in Kinect Sports. 11 vs 8 and I know which list I'd rather, no contest. First half of the year is fairly empty.

Edited on by skywake

Gamecubed

Do you guys think we'll see Assassin's Creed 5 on Wii U?

Gamecubed

Blast

Gamecubed wrote:

@Gamecubed Yeah... I even bet AC 5 will be another cross gen game, too

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Jazzer94

Blast wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

Hopefully I really think this will depend on how Watch Dogs performs cause I can only see Ubisoft taking so many failures sales wise.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

jump

Blast wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

Ubisoft have already said the sales of Black Flag will decide if future Assassins Creed games make it on the WII U.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

luisesteban

Well, not including the Adawele DLC in AC4 is a bad sign for Wii U and a potencial AC5.

luisesteban

rjejr

Somebody already mentioned Lego - Hobbit and Lego The Movie - and I would guess a Disney Infintiy sequel and new Skylanders and Just Dance 2015.

As for Watch_Dogs, I'm still waiting for it to be canceled. Seems like a big part of the game is always online secret multiplayer and the Wii U doesn't play well online: see Batman Arkham Origins. They know if they drop online it won't sell so might as well cancel it before it flops. I'm also expecting them to drop PS3 and Xbox360 to focus on "next gen" -anybody see the bad graphic videos that supposedly "leaked"? so it isn't all Wii U's fault.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/20/leaked-watch-dogs-multiplay...

As for 2014, I really feel like I don't know any games that are coming out and dated besides inFamous 2nd Son and DKCTF. Madden and MLB will be out of course but not dated. Off the top off my head there are more games I want - Beyond good adn Evil 2, FFXV, Last Gaurdian, SSB, X, Bayonetta 2 - than games I have dates for. I'm hoping a ND will rectify some of those dates soon. And 3rd party multiplt games will come, but more movie-tie ins than MGS.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

shingi_70

MLB will be March just in time for opening day.
Madden Will be a week or two before the season starts, so later this year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Jaz007

@rjer They need to the install of PS360 to make a profit, the pre-delay budget was 68 million, there is no way they are going to limit their audience to PS4/One with that kind of money on the line. Cancelling the current gen versions at this point would be stupid.

Jaz007

sub12

shingi_70 wrote:

skywake wrote:

Well it actually comes down to

Wii U
Mario Kart

PS4
Infamous
MLB the show 14
Thief
Tomb Raider
Wolfenstien

Xbox One
Kienct Sports Rivals
Titanfsll
Theif
Tomb Raider
Wolfenstien

I agree xbox one and PS4 will have a drought especially once summer hits but I don't think it will be as bad as the Wii Us drought was, with rumors that's the good sales nuunbers of the two systems are casuinh more ports to be quickly put in the works or. Best of collections like a next gen mass effect Triology.

I dunno about Xbox One, but for the PS4 it's more like........

PS4 (Q1 / Q2 2014)
Driveclub
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Dying Light
The Elder Scrolls Online
Daylight
The Lego Movie Videogame
Diabo 3
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Rayman Legends
Infamous
MLB the show 14
Thief
Tomb Raider
Wolfenstien: The New Order

That being said, I'll probably enjoy DKC: Tropical Freeze, and MK8 just as much, if not more so, than any of these games..................but with that being said, I'll be playing my PS4 80% of the time as my Wii U gather dust until the next Nintendo AAA title..................if I had to only pick one console, it would not be the big N.

sub12

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.