Forums

Topic: Thrid Party Support for Nintendo 2014

Posts 1 to 20 of 70

Skyfox2000

What Thrid Party Games are Coming out for Wii U in 2014 So Far. Do You Guys Think Nintendo Will Change The Wii U Around in 2014 or Will it Still Have Weak Support?

Skyfox2000

Nintendo Network ID: Skyfox2000

DonnyKD

Watch_Dogs

DonnyKD

luisesteban

And even Watch_Dogs can't be given by sure.

luisesteban

Csaw

Watch_Dogs and Project Cars are the only ones that come to mind.I pretty much expect the Wii U to be a first party machine after these two games release.

Csaw

mamp

I guess Bayonetta doesn't count since Nintendo is funding it so Watch Dogs and I guess that's it?

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

SCRAPPER392

No one knows. The only announced games are Watch_Dogs and Project Cars.

There hasn't been any announcements that Wii U won't get more than that, so there's no telling whether it will have 3rd party support.

Perhaps some would call that hopeful, but it would be like saying there won't be a "new" iPhone next year, because they haven't announced it yet, so it's not being hopeful.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

I do think some stuff will be announced but I'd be surprised to see as much AAA support as before (which means less ports no one apparently buys...oh no?). At least in the short term, unless Nintendo does some publishing for them. I don't see this as a bad thing yet as it's clear Nintendo needs a new strategy for getting certain 3rd party support. It wouldn't matter if it was getting the support of some of these games, they weren't gonna sell the console. I could name a list of Wii games that gamers pretended didn't count even when they were high quality exclusives. I honestly question if some of these are big losses, yes maybe Nintendo should do more to make some of these ports matter but their loss isn't gonna make a big difference if no one cared about them? Maybe? What I'm saying is, I'd be more worried if Sega or Capcom or Ubisoft gave up on the console because they've had games that have done pretty well and people actually cared about.

I think Nintendo having an interesting lineup first party (aka the stuff people who buy Nintendo consoles tend to care about) and a few other things and a ton of indies coming will be enough, I dunno. It looks bad but I just can't see Wii U doing THAT badly this year.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

Besides, Nintendo has more indie games out than the Xbox One or PS4, as I type this. I don't see anyone throwing negative remarks at that. Perhaps I'm just as bad by saying that, but I didn't start it

Qwest

shingi_70

Most people don't care because its pure logic that the Woo I would have more indie games out. Most people just see the tons of indie games announced for the PS4 and not only that but they have big name games like Rouge Legacy, hotline Miami 2, and games by notable indie developers.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

Most people don't care because its pure logic that the Woo I would have more indie games out. Most people just see the tons of indie games announced for the PS4 and not only that but they have big name games like Rouge Legacy, hotline Miami 2, and games by notable indie developers.

So? Indie games are showing up on Wii U, without even being announced that far in advance.

Same goes for any 8th gen games. Until Activision blatantly says "No Destiny on Wii U", we can't draw conclusions on whether it will or not.

Qwest

moomoo

SCAR392 wrote:

Same goes for any 8th gen games. Until Activision blatantly says "No Destiny on Wii U", we can't draw conclusions on whether it will or not.

That... doesn't make any sense. Considering how long game development costs, even porting, why any company, let alone Activision, wouldn't let people know that they're releasing a version of their most anticipated game is beyond me.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Jaz007

You're all forgetting the amazing Spider-Man 2.

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

moomoo wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

That... doesn't make any sense. Considering how long game development costs, even porting, why any company, let alone Activision, wouldn't let people know that they're releasing a version of their most anticipated game is beyond me.

Well, if people ask where Destiny is, Activision has to answer. Since there's not really any reason to not release games on Wii U, they'll basically be shooting themselves in the foot if the don't treat every console equally.

Qwest

moomoo

@SCAR392 Is Destiny not being profitable enough on the Wii U not a good reason to not release?

Or, if that reason doesn't work, how about Destiny's focus on playing online with your friends? With how hard it is to organize online games on the Wii U, what with the lack of a proper chat system or a messaging system that doesn't facilitate playing games with friends (the only indication of a message received while playing a game is a blue light on the gamepad, and it's not specific to just that). Basically, the way the Wii U's online infrastructure is currently doesn't fit the design of the game. Therefore, it is impractical for the developers to create a Wii U version, as it isn't up to snuff with their current vision. How does that sound?

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Blast

OdnetninAges wrote:

Isn't there still one more Wii U exclusive Sonic game?

@OdnetninAges Yeah, we got one more Wii U exclusive Sonic game coming and I'm thinking it won't be revealed until E3 2014.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SCRAPPER392

@moomoo
How exactly would they determine if it will be profitable? 7th gen ports? Haha.

Wii U still has a comparable install base to Xbox One and PS4, with very little amount of 8th gen titles.

The only part you might be right about, is the OS, which is exactly why Nintendo is improving it every month. Nintendo and 3rd parties don't tell us what's going on inside their buildings, so how would we know? The answer is, we don't.

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.