Forums

Topic: Thoughts on SSB Direct...

Posts 161 to 180 of 199

Eel

dumedum wrote:

Captain Falcom seems redundant because of Little Mac.

Oh well, if you put it that way it makes perfect sense.

It's not like Nintendo would do something as lowly as putting two similar characters in the game.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Yoshi

Captain Falcon not in Smash 4? Never! He's a perfect attendance character!

Unless Nintendo is willing to break the trend.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

WebHead

My question is: If SSB 3DS is coming out in the Summer/Q3, what is going to be 3DS' big first party game for Fall/Winter/Q4? 0-o.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Adam

Nintendogs+cats+komodo dragons

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Jazzer94

WebHead wrote:

My question is: If SSB 3DS is coming out in the Summer/Q3, what is going to be 3DS' big first party game for Fall/Winter/Q4? 0-o.

Super Mario 3D Land 2 would be my guess.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Yoshi

WebHead wrote:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D.

Oh, please, please, please.....

EDIT: If we go into technicalities, then this shouldn't count, because it will be developed by Greezo, a third party, most likely. Same difference, though.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

GuSolarFlare

who cares SSB is good enough to break everyone's 3DSes from overuse before the end of october.
that's Nintendo's plan, making the users break all the 3DSes in the world so they buy a WiiU because the gamepad has more resistent buttons and analog sticks! XD

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Yoshi

GuSilverFlame wrote:

who cares SSB is good enough to break everyone's 3DSes from overuse before the end of october.
that's Nintendo's plan, making the users break all the 3DSes in the world so they buy a WiiU because the gamepad has more resistent buttons and analog sticks! XD

Well, if a lot of 3DSes break (betting on the Circle Pad), then we could see a lawsuit.

Now playing:

GuSolarFlare

brewsky wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Well, if a lot of 3DSes break (betting on the Circle Pad), then we could see a lawsuit.

well yeah, never thought of this possibility.
but if some people manage to break the circle pad when playing Animal Crossing I can very well see a huge bunch of 3DSes breaking from SSB.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

LzWinky

brewsky wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

I'd love to see someone try to make a lawsuit out of this.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Yoshi

Unca_Lz wrote:

brewsky wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

I'd love to see someone try to make a lawsuit out of this.

Let's not forget the control stick spinning mini games in Mario Party 1 that landed Nintendo a lawsuit.....and LOST.

Now playing:

LuigiTheGreenFire

dumedum wrote:

Captain Falcon seems redundant because of Little Mac.

What? Because they both have powerful fists? I think it would be strange not to have Captain Falcon. He has been in all 3 games so far.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

JoyBoy

LuigiTheGreenFire wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Captain Falcon seems redundant because of Little Mac.

What? Because they both have powerful fists? I think it would be strange not to have Captain Falcon. He has been in all 3 games so far.

Not to mention he has powerfull kicks even more so and is quite the athlete in the air also how does his recovery move even come close?

The captain redundant? Not by a long shot, He is Falcon. Seriously how can you even compare him with anyone? Think before you post!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Joeynator3000

Now that I think about, I wonder what Olimar's Final Smash is going to be this time. Since his old one has basically been turned into an item.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DefHalan

Mizore wrote:

Now that I think about, I wonder what Olimar's Final Smash is going to be this time. Since his old one has basically been turned into an item.

I want it to be a bunch of Pikmin spawn from his current position and run to the sides picking up any other characters and running off the sides with them lol, it would be most effective on the ground and possibly easy to dodge (just by being airborne) but it would be a guarantee death for anyone caught by one of thos Pikmin lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

FriedSquid

Adam wrote:

I don't understand how arguments such as "Samurai Goroh proves Captain Falcon is returning" work. There are a lot of items and assist trophies that don't have characters associated with them. I would expect Mr. Saturn to be in regardless of Ness and Lucas because it is a funny item, for instance.

I think it makes perfect sense. For Sakurai to cut Captain Falcon and Ness/Lucas, only to leave the only traces or their franchises' existences as an Assist Trophy and a few items is unthinkable. I think games like F-Zero and Earthbound as well as their respective characters are just too popular for Sakurai to do that all of a sudden.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Joeynator3000

Although the Pikmin carrying players off would be funny (have it change the music during this as well. x3), I get the feeling the Final will have something to do with Rock Pikmin...lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

moomoo

Absolutely stellar direct. I really liked how Sakurai mentioned right off the bat that the 3DS version would run at 60 fps, in 3D no less. Really fantastic news.

Cutting Captain Falcon wouldn't make sense. He has been in every game, and fans love him, even if they don't know about the series he's from. Not having the falcon punch would be devastating.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

MixMasterMudkip

I think anyone who made it from Melee to Brawl is fine. I suspect only Brawl newcomers are going to get cut.

Friend Code: 5241-2232-9791
Friend Safari is Fire with: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixan
Mario Kart 8 Tournament: "Rosalina's Booty Cup" Code: 5852-0678-9577

Nintendo Network ID: MixMasterMudkip | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

Great character selection and info! Would have liked a closer Wii U release, but I digress.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.