Forums

Topic: Third Party Support in 2015?

Posts 41 to 60 of 140

Yoshi_Prime

faint wrote:

deus ex and ninja gaiden 3 without a doubt preformed better and had more content in their wiiu releases and still sold like crap. it's quite a shame ng3 is pretty good with excellent online and deus ex is fantastic. i bet you don't own ether one.

I have NG3. It's kind of boring.

Yoshi_Prime

sub12

What Nintendo really needs is a big 2nd party developer that has independence outside of just calloborating or assisting..........I'm thinking about something like Rare in the N64 era, where they could develop a good amount of games that further Nintendo's own IP while also working on orginal Rare IP for the N64 that really complemented that library very well.

sub12

sub12

ricklongo wrote:

I'm still waiting for the next batch of Nintendo-funded third party titles, such as the Platinum output, or deals like the Sonic one with Sega. I mean, they have to have something like that lined up, because the big multiplatform blockbusters certainly aren't coming for the remainder of the Wii U lifetime.

To be honest, as long as Nintendo does make those deals, I'm not bothered. I'd much rather have exclusive third party games like Bayonetta 2 than suboptimal ports like Watch_Dogs.

I think we have one more Sonic game left in the Sega / Nintendo exclusivity deal, and Devil's Third as well.

sub12

crimsoncavalier

I certainly hope so. Not in the sense that I wish Wii U had crapfests like Destiny or Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty, because I personally don't want those games, nor would I buy them even if they were available for Wii U. However, that's not to say that there aren't people out there who would buy them.

Whether the games are good or, more usually, bad, isn't the point. It's the fact that we don't even have the option to purchase those bad games that's the problem.

Big picture, those games wouldn't sell on the Wii U regardless because they are such crap, and the competition from Nintendo is much higher in quality. A shallow game like Destiny, despite its multibillion dollar budget and advertising campaign, despite its gorgeous presentation, doesn't compare to Smash Bros, with the content and depth.

But it should still be an option for those people who still want to get the game. Bottom line, not having those crappy games hurts Nintendo.

And as it was mentioned, the fact that the PS360 is still getting those games, especially when by all accounts many of those ports are downright broken (such as Mordor, which I've read from multiple sites is a complete disaster on PS3 and, to a lesser extent, 360) irks even more.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Blast

All I know is that Nintendo's next console better have strong 3rd party support AND JRPG support.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

All I know is that Nintendo's next console better have strong 3rd party support AND JRPG support.

JRPG support will never happen unless Nintendo can find a way to cut developer support from sony on both handheld and console. The JRPG has become uber niche in the face of WRPGS and the only vast amount of them are the hyper niche stuff with tons of moe girls. Best Nintendo could do is push for more internal JRPGS to build a strong base for developers to jump onto.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Blast wrote:

JRPG support will never happen unless Nintendo can find a way to cut developer support from sony on both handheld and console. The JRPG has become uber niche in the face of WRPGS and the only vast amount of them are the hyper niche stuff with tons of moe girls. Best Nintendo could do is push for more internal JRPGS to build a strong base for developers to jump onto.

I agree somewhat.
Sony is the JRPG King, though. Nintendo is the JRPG Prince and Microsoft gets JRPGs at a inconsistent rate.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

Everyone is doing pretty poorly on a first party scale these days If were just going by console releases.

Nintendo has Xenoblade and Fire Emblem X Mega Ten if the game is still a thing.
Sony has Bloodborne, but is rumored to have a Final Fantasy level project in the works.
Microsoft has nothing but the crimson dragon creator said He'd love to make a RPG set in the universe like he did for Panzeer Dragoon.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Yoshi_Prime

sub12 wrote:

ricklongo wrote:

I'm still waiting for the next batch of Nintendo-funded third party titles, such as the Platinum output, or deals like the Sonic one with Sega. I mean, they have to have something like that lined up, because the big multiplatform blockbusters certainly aren't coming for the remainder of the Wii U lifetime.

To be honest, as long as Nintendo does make those deals, I'm not bothered. I'd much rather have exclusive third party games like Bayonetta 2 than suboptimal ports like Watch_Dogs.

I think we have one more Sonic game left in the Sega / Nintendo exclusivity deal, and Devil's Third as well.

Sonic Boom ended the exclusivity deal (the last Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Sonic Lost World, and Sonic Boom).

Yoshi_Prime

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

Blast wrote:

The Wii actually did pretty well with JRPGs. The low development cost justified creating games that may not sell too well in the west.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LasermasterA

For the regular 3rd party franchises like COD, Assassin's Creed and others, no there most probably won't be 3rd party support. EA showed their unprecedented partnership long ago, so it would be hard to expect anything from them, even FIFA which they have been releasing for Wii (obviously inferior) but not the Wii U.

As for exclusive 3rd party deals, there might be depending on how much Nintendo signs up developers. Like the case with Bayonetta 2. Or the upcoming Devil's Third (which could very well be much better than expected). Then I wonder if Nintendo could sign Platinum for another game since now that Bayonetta 2 is out, the next game in the pipeline is Scalebound for Xbox One. They had a deal with Sega but none of the 3 games were exceptional. Sonic: The Lost World and Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games were fine while Sonic Boom was doomed.

For JRPGs, it depends considering Sony has them in the bag. JRPG genre is niche and many of the games are even more so. Especially the ones mentioned above with the uber "moe" girls. Although there is another Dragon Quest in the development although the older one (X I guess) still has to make it to the West. We are not getting Final Fantasy XV nor Kingdom Hearts (although the way SE is releasing games on PC I am not really worried).

Smaller companies may jump on board but PowerPC is harder to develop for than x86 so they can jump onto PS4 anyway.

It will, sadly, be Nintendo's job to fill in the gaps with deals and whatnot. Although there is a decent first party lineup so the year 2015 still looks great for the Wii U.

Nintendo fan, with a taste for all genres! Monster Hunter for the win!

Oh and Isaac for Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS!

Chrono_Cross

iKhan wrote:

The Wii actually did pretty well with JRPGs. The low development cost justified creating games that may not sell too well in the west.

Did it, though? Think about that for a minute.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Punished_Boss_84

Just get another system, you cannot end next year without playing DB Xenoverse, MGSV: The Phantom Pain and the like.

You can't resist.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

DefHalan

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Just get another system, you cannot end next year without playing DB Xenoverse, MGSV: The Phantom Pain and the like.

You can't resist.

I am fine without playing those

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Yoshi_Prime

DefHalan wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

You can't resist.

Yoshi_Prime

unrandomsam

Chrono_Cross wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Did it, though? Think about that for a minute.

The DS did well with JRPG's (Both the kind I like and the kind I don't really).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Punished_Boss_84

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

You can't resist.

Two of you?
Untitled
Let me rephrase, you can't resist the titles coming in future that are exclusively skipping Wii U.

"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA

DefHalan

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

You can't resist.

Two of you?

Let me rephrase, you can't resist the titles coming in future that are exclusively skipping Wii U.

Such as?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Bolt_Strike

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Nope, I haven't seen a single multiplat game that I have any interest in. Most of the non-Nintendo stuff nowadays is pretty boring and generic looking.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Punished_Boss_84

DefHalan wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

You can't resist.

Two of you?

Such as?

On yer bike! You're screwing with me aren't you?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.