Topic: Third Party Support in 2015?

Posts 21 to 40 of 140

DefHalan

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

imo some ports (even of low quality) would be better than no ports

Really?Do you honestly want to see people pay 60 dollars for a half done game?Are you serious?Are you that blind?

They do that on the other systems, why should Wii U be treated differently?

If the Wii U was getting ports, then it would be easier for people to justify the purchase and wait on getting another system.

That's because those ports sell,any Wiiu port does not.

So you are saying that you would rather the Wii U not receive any ports, which makes it harder for a consumer to justify buying a Wii U because ports on Wii U don't sell as well as other consoles?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

I just hate seeing PS3/ Xbox 360 getting games while Wii U doesn't. Dragon Age: I, Dark Souls 2, Metal Gear Solid: V and various others just totally skip the Wii U without even trying.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

I just hate seeing PS3/ Xbox 360 getting games while Wii U doesn't. Dragon Age: I, Dark Souls 2, Metal Gear Solid: V and various others just totally skip the Wii U without even trying.

I completely agree. I would have love Shadow of Mordor to come to Wii U (although I would want the Nemesis system with it, which the PS3 and 360 didn't get)

bluemage1989

I'm not saying its going to get better but probably not worse. I expect to see E3 reveal a few good A-AA titles from some smaller studios looking to fill gaps in the WiiU library. I can also see a Pro Evolution Football game coming to WiiU not the best one ever but something solid.

bluemage1989

sub12

The Wii U will not be getting 3rd party titles outside of Skylanders/Infinity, some Lego titles, dance games, and anything Nintendo decides to publish or back themselves (IE Bayo 2 or the deal with SEGA).

It's been two years, they aren't coming back considering sales are still lacking.

sub12

Bolt_Strike

Probably minimal, the third parties probably aren't coming back to the Wii U at all.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

martinskrtel37

Quality > Quantity

You see all these deals for "Xbox plus 4 games! Playstation plus 5 games!" but they're all absolute poopoodoodoocacapoopledoople. Boring. Nothing games. Real gamers want quality. One or two titles like Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros knock the pretenders out of the park every day of the week.
Watch the profanity please — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

sub12

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Quality > Quantity

You see all these deals for "Xbox plus 4 games! Playstation plus 5 games!" but they're all absolute poopoodoodoocacapoopledoople. Boring. Nothing games. Real gamers want quality. One or two titles like Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros knock the pretenders out of the park every day of the week.

Sony and Microsoft, quality and quantity

Of course both systems have shovelware, but I think right now the eShop is the king in that reguard.

sub12

MsJubilee

DefHalan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Really?Do you honestly want to see people pay 60 dollars for a half done game?Are you serious?Are you that blind?

If the Wii U was getting ports, then it would be easier for people to justify the purchase and wait on getting another system.

So you are saying that you would rather the Wii U not receive any ports, which makes it harder for a consumer to justify buying a Wii U because ports on Wii U don't sell as well as other consoles?

Justify to buying a Wiiu?Who in gods name will buy a Wiiu for half done ports?Come on!No one in their right mind would choose the Wiiu over the PS4 for third party games.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Joeynator3000

DefHalan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Have you not seen how the Wii U ports get treated? They never sell because the other console versions are far superior due to all the DLC the other versions get.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

faint

Xiao_Pai wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Have you not seen how the Wii U ports get treated? They never sell because the other console versions are far superior due to all the DLC the other versions get.

deus ex and ninja gaiden 3 without a doubt preformed better and had more content in their wiiu releases and still sold like crap. it's quite a shame ng3 is pretty good with excellent online and deus ex is fantastic. i bet you don't own ether one.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

DefHalan

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Justify to buying a Wiiu?Who in gods name will buy a Wiiu for half done ports?Come on!No one in their right mind would choose the Wiiu over the PS4 for third party games.

if the Wii U had the same ports the PS4 had, plus Nintendo's games, it would be the clear choice for a gaming machine. The point isn't to have the ports alone sell the console but to add value to it

The ports on Wii U at launch pretty good. People didn't support them and so developers tried to cut cost on the Wii U version which created an endless cycle.

The point is that I would rather have ports on Wii U than no 3rd Party support. Why is that so bad?

iKhan

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Quality > Quantity

Yes, but quality and quantity>quality alone. While the PS4 and XB1 are currently just quantity, the PS360, Wii, Gamecube, PS2, and XBOX had both

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

martinskrtel37

I don't care about quantity. I have over 30 PS2 games and a PS2 in my cupboard and I really want to set it up in my retro room but there is just nothing to play, all the games are filler, there are 3 quality titles and 1 was remade for PS3, the others probably were too...

In 10 years nobody will give a poopoodoodoocacapoopledoople about the ports/quantity/bullpoopoodoodoocacapoopledoople on the Wii U.. just the games they kept the system for. You keep a system in your collection because of all the AAA titles, not because it gets the trendy phase games like COD
Watch the profanity please — TBD

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

the1andonlyIKY

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Quality > Quantity

Honestly, MK8 isn't as great as everyone says it is, in my opinion. Yes, it's a great game, but not AS great as everyone has made it out to be. It just doesn't really have anything for me (as a single player) to keep coming back and playing. Everything is unlocked too fast and easily. The Grand Prix are so easy to 3-star. There's no higher level of Staff Ghost Data. And there's just not really anything to keep me playing over and over online against random people because there's no achievement or bonus things to unlock for doing so. Not to mention the item system is...questionable. And Battle Modes. I miss arena Balloon Battles...

And someone brought up CoD. I love Ghosts. My most played game. I know I'm part of the minority, and that's kind of a shame. I wish more people played it still. What keeps me coming back? The social elements (friends, voice chat) and achievements, which I am still working on. Those are some things really wish Nintendo did better with their games...as well as the messaging process. Having to go to Miiverse every time and not getting a proper notification is stupid. Anyway, back to CoD. If you take all of the base games across all systems, the Wii U version is the best. Hands down. Think I'm crazy? Why? Our version has the most control options. Dual-Screen Co-op (along with the traditional split-screen). Off-TV Play. And you could possibly throw in the fact that it's free to play online, a fact only shared with the PS3. It's a shame that we don't get anywhere close to the same support... And that no one thinks of those facts.

the1andonlyIKY

jump

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I disagree, lacking FIFA/Madden and other sports titles will/have effected the Wii U. Family gaming is Ninty's wheelhouse and those are family games, it doesn't even help that there's no alternative like Virtua Striker or PES on it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Atariboy

Maybe Sega will have another in a long line of lackluster Sonic releases for it next year.

What I'd like to see that's in the realm of possibilities is a Sonic HD retail collection with their HD remasters of their 16 bit Sonic platformers. There's no Sonic 3 & Knuckles as of yet on mobile platforms, but with Sonic, Sonic 2, and Sonic CD having been done, that one surely can't be far behind and I bet is in production as we speak.

Hopefully they'd pad it with additional classics, but these definitely deserve to be available on a console and on a disc.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

CrazyOtto

I wouldn't be suprised if Sega made a Sonic HD Collection for Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One with Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, and Sonic 4 all on one disc.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

rockodoodle

As mentioned, only thing we will see is nintendo funding its own projects. Plus infinity, skylanders, lego, just dance etc.

Ubisoft says it has some unreleased games that they are waiting for a larger install base. I would think that at some point it might be worthwhile to develop SOMETHING for the Wii U. While sales weren't there at launch, the install base is now 4x as big (hopefully 9-10 million). The right title, if quality, should be able to break a million.

rockodoodle

ricklongo

I'm still waiting for the next batch of Nintendo-funded third party titles, such as the Platinum output, or deals like the Sonic one with Sega. I mean, they have to have something like that lined up, because the big multiplatform blockbusters certainly aren't coming for the remainder of the Wii U lifetime.

To be honest, as long as Nintendo does make those deals, I'm not bothered. I'd much rather have exclusive third party games like Bayonetta 2 than suboptimal ports like Watch_Dogs.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.