Forums

Topic: They say the Wii U has no games, but they were clearly wrong. #thetimeisnow

Posts 101 to 110 of 110

DefHalan

WaLzgi wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

I'm not saying they should buy out companies or pay an arm and a leg for timed exclusives. But they need to do... well something!

At the same time, they have to calculate the return on such an investment. I think at this point the Wii U really isn't worth the risk. If Nintendo kept pumping money into projects they don't profit from, then they dug themselves into a big hole.

I don't think the Wii U is dead in the water, yet. The PS3 didn't start gaining ground until a few years into its generation (different circumstances but still the reason why I believe the Wii U can still turn it around). I am not saying the Wii U will become everyone's primary gaming console, but it might become a strong 2nd console for people. A few online Multiplayer focused titles (like Splatoon) would help.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

spizzamarozzi

gage_wolf wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

is it so uncool to own a WiiU that journalists have to sound like they are risking their own life recommending one?

I enjoy my Wii U, but it's pretty uncool. My roommate laughs out loud at me when he sees me playing with the Gamepad. And makes jokes like "Is that the new Gameboy? Boy it sure is huuuge" I typically hide it in a drawer when new people come over because it typically draws comments of me being really dorky, or people are simply like "what is THAT?" But not in a curious way, in a sort of disgusted jokey way. Ive never had a problem booting up the PS3 to watch movies with friends, but booting up the ol Wara Wara plaza can be pretty embarassing due to the childishness of thr comments popping up. Sleek, the Wii U is not.

you should sniff cocaine and drink JD while you play so your friends can't say you're childish.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

LzWinky

DefHalan wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

I'm not saying they should buy out companies or pay an arm and a leg for timed exclusives. But they need to do... well something!

At the same time, they have to calculate the return on such an investment. I think at this point the Wii U really isn't worth the risk. If Nintendo kept pumping money into projects they don't profit from, then they dug themselves into a big hole.

I don't think the Wii U is dead in the water, yet. The PS3 didn't start gaining ground until a few years into its generation (different circumstances but still the reason why I believe the Wii U can still turn it around). I am not saying the Wii U will become everyone's primary gaming console, but it might become a strong 2nd console for people. A few online Multiplayer focused titles (like Splatoon) would help.

I think some of their best options are as follows:

-Simply ride the storm with not millions of dollars pumped into the Wii U. Just develop a new system with 3rd parties on board BEFORE release. At the same time, make some games for the Wii U to not anger the current consumer base and announce said new system in a couple of years
-Contact 3rd parties interested in collaborations.
-Allow 3rd parties to use Nintendo IPs to make games like Metroid, etc.
-Buy small studios to expand Nintendo's development teams

I don't really think throwing money at major 3rd parties will change anything by this point.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DefHalan

gage_wolf wrote:

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

@gage_wolf Please tell me you're being sarcastic. If not, I'm afraid you´re in dire need of some new friends.

Haha I wish I was. Its da truth. For kids its probably fine, but being an adult gamer the Wii U is a bit laughable among non-gamers. Most people are used to very thin sleek phones and tablets at this point, so when they see this hulking shiny plastic controller -screen thing they assume its like a Leapfrog device or something.

Also as an Adult gamer, I like talking about my Wii U. People make fun of it until they actually play it. That has lead to most of my friends planning on buying a Wii U over a Xbone or PS4. If they don't play consoles at all then I might understand criticism but that would be more from them thinking consoles are "toys that kids use" while "smart phones are what adults use" although I believe it to be the opposite

DefHalan

WaLzgi wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

-Simply ride the storm with not millions of dollars pumped into the Wii U. Just develop a new system with 3rd parties on board BEFORE release. At the same time, make some games for the Wii U to not anger the current consumer base and announce said new system in a couple of years

I don't really think throwing money at major 3rd parties will change anything by this point.

Totally agree

Ryno

spizzamarozzi wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

is it so uncool to own a WiiU that journalists have to sound like they are risking their own life recommending one?

I enjoy my Wii U, but it's pretty uncool. My roommate laughs out loud at me when he sees me playing with the Gamepad. And makes jokes like "Is that the new Gameboy? Boy it sure is huuuge" I typically hide it in a drawer when new people come over because it typically draws comments of me being really dorky, or people are simply like "what is THAT?" But not in a curious way, in a sort of disgusted jokey way. Ive never had a problem booting up the PS3 to watch movies with friends, but booting up the ol Wara Wara plaza can be pretty embarassing due to the childishness of thr comments popping up. Sleek, the Wii U is not.

you should sniff cocaine and drink JD while you play so your friends can't say you're childish.

I'm always reminded by the quote by C.S. Lewis when I hear about "childish things" and adults.

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

unrandomsam

^^ That is about right.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

SCRAPPER392

WaLzgi wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

They already did all that, except getting small studios to expand. Back when they announced Wii U in 2011, all the 3rd parties said they were on board. They contacted 3rd parties about collaborations, that is why Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third, and even the publishing of Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge exists. They allowed 3rd parties to use their IPs, as well. Smash Bros. is being codeveloped by Namco, W101 happened, Hyrule Warriors is being made.

They've already done what you think they should be, except the smaller studio gathering, unless you want to consider that Wii U has the most indie games right now.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

LucinaSmash wrote:

There sure are Wii U games, unfortunately I have very high standards

does that mean you don't play EA or Activision games?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.