Forums

Topic: The Wonderful 102!

Posts 1 to 20 of 35

MrWalkieTalkie

Several times in the past, Wonderful 101 creator, Hideki Kamiya has shared his interest in developing a sequel to the new Nintendo IP that released on Wii U last year. Today, he mentions a feature that he wanted to add in The Wonderful 101, but didn't make it in the final cut. This feature was being able to play as your own Mii as a member of the Wonderful 100. However he also says how he hopes next time "We can do it in The Wonderful 102". He speaks as if the game is definitely 100% happening. And to this I say: HECK YEAH!!!! Wonderful 101 was my all time most favorite game last year in 2013, maybe even my favorite game of all time! So I totally hope this is a sign that a sequel really will happen sometime in the future. What do you think?

http://nintendoeverything.com/hideki-kamiya-hopes-to-make-mii...

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Blast

Man... if a sequel to Wonderful 101 is being made despite the terrible sales of the first game... I would be freaking happy

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

sub12

It might not be a huge seller, but I don’t think it would hurt Nintendo to continue on with the Wonderful 101 IP. It has all the colorfulness / charm of traditional Nintendo IP’s, but with that added difficulty / complexity, which is more attractive to the core crowd.

That being said, I think the Wonderful 101 has a number of areas in which a sequel could improve on, the controls still need to be fine-tuned a bit, and the level design took a dip in the original during the mid-sections of the game compared to the amazing initial Blossom City levels. Still, the charm won me over despite the flaws.

I would buy a sequel.

sub12

WebHead

Not sure if a The Wonderful 102 will happen, but it'd be sooooo awesome.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

SomeBitTripFan

I definitely want to get 101, once I have the time and money for it. (Wii U games are expensive.) I'd be happy to see a sequel though, this seems like the only Nintendo-owned IP, barring Mario and Pokemon, that is still trying to be itself.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Tritonus

Yes plz!

Infinite Crisis (DC Comics MOBA) Beta Invite:

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/en/account/registration?utm_source=86b226d9-cf09-e311-a320-bc305b234d58&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=IC_RAF

SheldonRandoms

Maybe one day.....
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

LegatoSkyheart

I felt so bad for not getting this game at launch. Now that I have it I feel worse (but less so because I have the game!), but man I would dig a Wonderful 102!
Pretty disappointed to know a Mii Character is not an option, would have totally worked!

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Maybe one day.....
Untitled

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!

Edited on by LegatoSkyheart

LegatoSkyheart

luisesteban

W101 was a great game. The hard modes are amazing.

luisesteban

ACK

There is something to be said for doubling down. Nintendo already funded the development of The W101 engine and IP... If Platinum covets the opportunity for a sequel, I could see a scenario where Nintendo works with them to adapt the franchise to improve it's marketability (let's say Kamiya put his foot down on the Nintendo cast he originally envisioned and has since been proven right by sales performance, for instance).

It could happen... I mean, Nintendo must be aware of the fan reception of The W101, along with Platinum's sales history (they are funding Bayonetta 2). And they need Wii U games, period. What kind of turnaround do you think Platinum can pull off on a sequel?

I just desperately hope they fix the litany of issues. For their own sake. Everything from the camera to the menus to the progression requires a total rethinking to bring it all up to the expected Nintendo level of accessibility and playability. If you ask me, the entire concept needs a lot of work before it can will ever gain widespread acceptance. As much as I adore everything it stands for, it cannot be ignored how conceptually and structurally flawed The W101 is as a gaming product in 2013.

A shame, yes, but true.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

Ganondwarf

Wonderful 101 was a meh too me I played the demo and felt the camera and controls were awful!

Ganondwarf

Nintendo Network ID: Forbsz

kkslider5552000

Forbsz wrote:

Wonderful 101 was a meh too me I played the demo and felt the camera and controls were awful!

I'm pretty sure most people who liked the game said this about the demo. Speaking of which, between this and Monster Hunter, can we bury the idea that demos are always a good idea? They're clearly not.

I'd be cool with this. The game certainly has more than enough creativity to justify a sequel and sequels usually sell better anyway so maybe people would actually play this one.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Csaw

I loved this game so I would love a sequel but it won't sell because it doesn't have a clear audience in mind. It's too difficult for children, casual gamers and even some "hardcore gamers" to enjoy. Other "hardcore gamers" will be put off by its toon like visuals. Basically there is no point in Nintendo advertising this game because it only appeals to such a small audience.

Csaw

JoyBoy

I still don't have the first one but I would definitely buy both.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

R_Champ

Csaw wrote:

I loved this game so I would love a sequel but it won't sell because it doesn't have a clear audience in mind. It's too difficult for children, casual gamers and even some "hardcore gamers" to enjoy. Other "hardcore gamers" will be put off by its toon like visuals. Basically there is no point in Nintendo advertising this game because it only appeals to such a small audience.

I hate everything you said, but know you're pretty much entirely correct. I would still love to see a sequel though...maybe if the first game gets enough of a cult following to make a profit.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

SCRAPPER392

I still want Sonic Lost World, and this game. I basically promised myself that I would buy these games, but I ended up buying other stuff...

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Nintenjoe64

I'm still waiting for a good moment to buy W101. Every time I go into GAME there is something cheaper that I also want. I've bought Ninja Gaiden and Injustice recently and I know I will be more tempted by getting AC4, ME3 and Darksiders 2 for a total of £45 than £40-50 on W101. I did love the demo but the style of the game and how close it was released to Pikmin 3 was always going to harm it.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

SCRAPPER392

@Nintenjoe64
That's what keeps happening to me, too. RE: Revelations($15 with promo code) and Deus Ex($50) got ahold of my money before W101, so now I don't have it for a while. I just keep buying smaller titles. I was even contemplating Scribblenauts, because it's currently on sale for $20, while W101 continues to be on my wish list.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

New_3DaSh_XL

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Forbsz wrote:

I'm pretty sure most people who liked the game said this about the demo. Speaking of which, between this and Monster Hunter, can we bury the idea that demos are always a good idea? They're clearly not.

I'd be cool with this. The game certainly has more than enough creativity to justify a sequel and sequels usually sell better anyway so maybe people would actually play this one.

But... but the demo convinced me to get it...

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Rin-go

@MyNameIs-
I enjoyed it, too, though I don't own the game yet. But it seems that there are quite a few people who were put off by the demo despite initial interest. There are also those who didn't like the demo, bought it anyway and actually liked it then.
It seems the demo has done some damage, though. As have the reviews.

Rin-go

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.