mii-gamer

201. Posted:

I'm waiting for my copy to arrive. I can't wait

I am doing a free give away for my website. See inside for details :P

AuthorMessage

MAB

202. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@MadAussieBloke: Tru dat. Haha... I need to finish the second quest of Ghosts 'n Goblins to get that back now.

You gonna need more than that to redeem yourself...

Untitled
I want this finished within the next 48 hours... You will need to keep that Genny powered on for a few days because there is no such thing as a save file ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

203. Posted:

Guys! Tell me if there's any difference in the full game and the demo, please!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage

MrGawain

204. Posted:

I like everything about the Wonderful 101 apart from the fact the only shop I could get it from was GAME, which was a £5 more expensive and a pratt dressed up as a Pirate tried to make me buy a PS4 or an XBOXOXOXOXONE while I was in line to buy it with the people buying Infinity and Saint Row. I made him go away with my evil stare.

It was worth it- not only is the game brilliant and challenging, but what the demo doesn't show is how the humour and irreverence interacts with the gameplay. Also, it teases you with areas in levels you know you can't get at until you're more powerful or have more unites, so you look forward to playing the level again.

Smash Bros: who would win in a fight between Pikmin, Pacman, and Pokémon?

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

205. Posted:

Kewlan wrote:

Guys! Tell me if there's any difference in the full game and the demo, please!

I'm pretty sure that's always the case.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

Emblem

206. Posted:

MrGawain wrote:

I like everything about the Wonderful 101 apart from the fact the only shop I could get it from was GAME, which was a £5 more expensive and a pratt dressed up as a Pirate tried to make me buy a PS4 or an XBOXOXOXOXONE while I was in line to buy it with the people buying Infinity and Saint Row. I made him go away with my evil stare.

It was worth it- not only is the game brilliant and challenging, but what the demo doesn't show is how the humour and irreverence interacts with the gameplay. Also, it teases you with areas in levels you know you can't get at until you're more powerful or have more unites, so you look forward to playing the level again.

I agree, there are secret bonus areas and team members to discover plus you always want to get a better score so you can unlock more skills and items sooner. There is progression via your members leveling up and you can customise them as well via different stats and special reactive and passive abilities. The boss battles are also crazy, i'm about 6 hours in and i'm having a blast. This is a brilliant video game in every sense of the word.

There is also a cooking/mixing section which i haven't really looked into too much but i assume you can make better items then the ones that drop.

Emblem

AuthorMessage

Wodkalime14

207. Posted:

Just got mine today! Unpacking now and playing this weekend. Really excited!

But in the Game Mania store (Netherlands) the game was not even on the shelves..., no advertisement anywhere. I saw on the website (game mania) that the game was out. And they had one, after asking, in a drawer??? But how is this possible? There was nothing in the store or anything! I don't understand. There is no buzz.
I played it at the gamescom in Cologne this week and it got me curious for more! But also at the gamescom the wiiU with the Wonderful 101 (only 1) was not really getting attention. I think that this is strange...

But anyway, i am gonna play now!

Wodkalime14

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

208. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

you switch characters by drawing the unite morph of that character, or is there a better way :p

What the heck is the unite morph? I need a manual for this demo.

Draw different shapes to unite morph a different object and change character.

In the demo, draw the following and press A:
Circle: Unite hand (Wonder Red).
Straight line: Unite Sword (Wonder Blue).
Right angle: Unite gun (Wonder Green).

Draw the shapes bigger and your attacks become stronger, some weapons change shape too. For instance, drawing a small right angle makes a pistol, drawing a large right angle makes a bazooka.

This video explains it more:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lRdRo5MxaJY

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

209. Posted:

First boss fight done, it was glorious. Platinum aren't the best devs ever, but they really do know how to turn the fun dial to 11.

TW101 so far feels like a massive compilation of all the best gameplay elements from the best Platinum/Clover games from the past 10 years.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

WebHead

210. Posted:

Does this support 1080p?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

211. Posted:

WebHead wrote:

Does this support 1080p?

I dunno, but it does support 101w

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

212. Posted:

ba dump dump chshshshshshs xD

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

dumedum

213. Posted:

Is the W101 (and Zelda) box in a different color to the blue?

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

214. Posted:

Mine is the usual blue. Must be something weird going on with those pictures.

WebHead wrote:

Does this support 1080p?

It's 720p @ 60fps. (It can, of course, get stretched to 1080p without any huge noticeable downgrade in the visuals like most games though)

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Judgedean

215. Posted:

I think I found some 'bugs' if that's the correct saying regarding the auto saves. I've been trying to get pure platinum on all the missions for each stage. If I didn't succeed in getting pure platinum on a mission, I would go to the menu and choose retry (from last save point) which would take me back to the beginning of that mission to try again. Found on mission 11 on stage 001a that it saves as soon as you finish that mission, so you can't retry from the beginning of that mission. Only way is to go right back to the beginning of that stage and try again. I think the auto save is in the wrong place. Hopefully a patch will fix this.

Edited on by Judgedean

Judgedean

AuthorMessage

Peach64

216. Posted:

22nd in the UK chart :(

That's rubbish, even for a Wii U game. Pretty sure that Monster Hunter got 7th, Lego City 12th and Pikmin 3 got 2nd. People will moan that the UK just want to play FIFA, but the fact is, there's enough Wii U owners out there to get a game into the top 10, even into the top 5, but those Wii U owners didn't buy the game.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

217. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

22nd in the UK chart :(

D :

ok that's actually a bad sign

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Marshi

218. Posted:

As soon as I saw this game 2 years ago I knew it would be an underated gem. I have the game and I think its an amazing game,but its just not the sort of game to set the world on fire. Im seeing more and more now (at least in my opinion) if a game is getting loads mentions as a regularly played game (cod and borderlands for example) then the more people love it the more dull I find it. On the flipside though if a game has little hype but is in itself a quirky or original title I love it yet seem to be in a minority.
I apologise if havnt explained myself very well,for those who understand what I mean does anyone else feel this way about games?

Marshi

Nintendo Network ID: Marshi

AuthorMessage

dumedum

219. Posted:

It surprises me that it is even in the top 40. Who thought this was going to sell a lot? Weird, this was already known. You could see which games will sell according to things like Amazon bestsellers/pre-ordered/wished for. Said this a long time ago. I think people will want to use this obvious niche game and say there's doom and gloom of Wii U because of it. Simply weird.

@Marshi absolutely.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

MrGawain

220. Posted:

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone on the topic who BOUGHT the game but felt let down by it? The demo doesn't do the whole experience justice. I would love to come out with a bunch of spoilers like what happens when you have to get past the missiles, or when you have to get the giant robot to let go of the command ship, or how you control the command ship in the level, or the enemy ship in another level, or how you get past the lock where the power isn't on, but by doing so I would be spoiling the element of surprise that makes the game so fantastic. The surprise is in the first play through, and then you want to play the level 5 times more to find all the things and do it right.

All I can tell anyone who hasn't bought the game is:

-This game is not Pikmin. At all. It's more like if Bayonetta wasn't one person, but made up of Suikoden like characters who fight in a gang. It's an action game, a puzzler, a 3d scrolling beat-'em up.

-The control system isn't broken, it has to be learned because of the Upad. This is what you buy a Wii U for, new game experiences. It uses the pad more than any other game, except for maybe Nintendoland. You can defeat the game by thugging your way though, but as you play you learn little nuances of how to be a better fighter and what unites to use for different scenarios. The challenge of the game is to be able to draw the unite whilst continuing the battle. It's 'a new experience' (that people keep asking from their games) that makes the game more satisfying.

-This is the funniest game on the Wii U, and probably in the top 10 of all systems in the past 10 years. It can be quite grizzly in some of it's action, but there is always humour in it. It mocks the superhero/gundam genre.

-Bosses are a big factor in this game. expect 3-10 pretty tough battles per level, plus 1-3 major bosses. And there tends to be a factor of puzzling in defeating the mega bosses- don't expect to just hack at them to win.

Frankly, if you own a Wii U and you don't experience this game, I wonder why you wanted to buy a system with this control pad. It isn't just brilliant, it makes the Wii U brilliant at what it's supposed to do and that's be different.

Smash Bros: who would win in a fight between Pikmin, Pacman, and Pokémon?