Wii U Forum

Topic: The Wii U can run Unreal Engine 4 but probably won't get it.

Showing 181 to 200 of 211

AuthorMessage

ClassicJetterz

181. Posted:

Back in my day, games didn't take 20 GB for one save file. :P

Oh, right.

But hey, I remember when it was $100 for only 8GB of memory. The fact that it's the same for 2 TB is nothing to dismiss.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

182. Posted:

Lacking a HDD was something that I don't think Nintendo should have done. Still using the base HDD (120GB) and i'm pretty low on space after grabbing AC3 for free and now o ly have 18GB left.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

183. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Lacking a HDD was something that I don't think Nintendo should have done. Still using the base HDD (120GB) and i'm pretty low on space after grabbing AC3 for free and now o ly have 18GB left.

I ran out of space on my PS3 slim which had a 250gb HDD. There will never be enough HDD space. I think it was wise not to include a bigger HDD. Flash is faster, and people would have been upset either way. Like I said, I'd rather buy 2TB for $100 that's optional, than be forced to pay an extra $70 or so when I could have got more somewhere else for $10-30 more with 4x more.

EDIT: Besides, if you buy the discs, it doesn't really matter. There's more than enough space for indie games. They just figure you'll be proactive and get the extra stuff if you really care.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

184. Posted:

Pointing out the HDD as if it's a huge problem (especially compared to Wii U's other problems) confirms this thread has served its use as far as I'm concerned. Of course I am using the word "use" very loosely.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

185. Posted:

Void wrote:

The size of a console determins wether it gets Unreal Engine 4?

Fascinating.

Well to be fair, the PS3 was a tank when it first came out. Who knows how big the PS4 will be?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

186. Posted:

LzQuacker wrote:

Void wrote:

Fascinating.

Well to be fair, the PS3 was a tank when it first came out. Who knows how big the PS4 will be?

If we ducktape the Wii U controller with the console, will it then be big enough for it? Somehow this sounds like something more worth answering.

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

187. Posted:

LzQuacker wrote:

Void wrote:

Fascinating.

It was a pretty big machine but still much smaller than an average PC tower.

The Wii U is a strange shape/size. I had no idea it was going to be so long. All the promotional pictures I'd seen only showed it from the front or just showed the controller. In length, it's about 2/3's the size of my PC tower and inch less in width.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

188. Posted:

Yeah, I honestly have no idea where I'm gonna put a Wii U if I ever get one, it's so oddly shaped that it doesn't really look like it could fit anywhere. :(

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

OverturePT

189. Posted:

It fits anywhere I would say. Where do you have other consoles?

OverturePT

AuthorMessage

WebHead

190. Posted:

Man this Wii U negativity hurts my head. Nintendo needs to have another Wii U Nintendo Direct soon. Games need to be announced, release dates need to be set, show some WW HD to get hype going.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

Aviator

191. Posted:

Yeah. Nothing says hype like a re-release!

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

192. Posted:

WebHead wrote:

Man this Wii U negativity hurts my head.

Me too, I might just stay off the gaming websites until E3. I can't bare to see another doom n gloom thread.

I love my Wii-U and I'm so glad I got one.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

193. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Man this Wii U negativity hurts my head.

Me too, I might just stay off the gaming websites until E3. I can't bare to see another doom n gloom thread.

I love my Wii-U and I'm so glad I got one.

Agreed

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

194. Posted:

OverturePT wrote:

It fits anywhere I would say. Where do you have other consoles?

On or near a decommisioned fireplace in the family room, or on my bureau. Both locations are too small for the Wii U. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so long, then I could put it where some other console is now and put one of the others away, but because it sticks out so much, I don't think it'd be a good idea. It's about as deep as the PS3, which I had difficulty finding a place for, and only fits in the spot it's currently in. I am not putting the PS3 away, either.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

OverturePT

195. Posted:

Well, I don't think they have in mind the other consoles and how the Wii U would fit next to them while designing it. Can't you put it vertically, instead of horizontally? Or is the space too low for it? I never saw it as a problem since it is standing on my desk and there's still plenty of space left and tbh the console looks pretty small compared to the monster I used to have next to it (Xbox360).

OverturePT

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

196. Posted:

The problem is that it's too long. It'd fall off my fireplace if I put it there. If I put it below, it'd stick out too much and people would trip over it. If I put it on my Bureau, it'd fit too snuggly with the vents covered up. I could put it below the fireplace sideways, but then I'd have to put away two consoles that use fairly frequently. I might be able to put it sideways on the fireplace with the disc drive facing towards the left or right, and put away the 360, but I fear it'd be too snug there. I definitely have to work something out at least. If only it was more square like the Wii instead of rectagular...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

197. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

To be fair, a Wind Waker re-release would still be fresher than recent Mario titles. And Wind Waker is the only Zelda they could remake like this that would be as hyped and not just available on Wii for 10 bucks anyway.

AuthorMessage

WebHead

198. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

To be fair, a Wind Waker re-release would still be fresher than recent Mario titles. And Wind Waker is the only Zelda they could remake like this that would be as hyped and not just available on Wii for 10 bucks anyway.

Agreed.

All I know is we need something soon. I know great games take time to make. A new Zelda isn't developed overnight, but we still need something. We should atleast get release dates for Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, and The Wonderful 101. Something soon and E3 needs to tell Nintendo fans why they should upgrade to Wii U, why gamers should buy Wii U, and why Wii U owners should keep their Wii Us.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

199. Posted:

Soooo... Unreal engine is possible on Wii U like we knew months ago. Thread title change?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

MAB

200. Posted:

Change it to the
'Sony fanhead always twists information to try and annoy people thread that ends up dissolving into another discussion about HDD's and where to place a videogame system in your home that then changes to oh look the guy was just talkin' BS anyway so everyone was wrong thread'

MAB