Forums

Topic: The Wii U can run Unreal Engine 4 but probably won't get it.

Posts 161 to 180 of 211

SCRAPPER392

AbeVigoda wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

If Unreal Engine really does add more AI and software content of that field, then yes, a fix will be needed, but that's not impossible either. Nintendo themselves could create an add-on tool FOR FREE that converts or compresses to get these games on Wii U. Also, as an OPTIONAL upgrade they could also have a hardware addition that plays these games just as well as the other next gen consoles if needed. Who's to say soley the extra visual content matters without 4K, anyway?
We will truly have to see.

Please please pleaaasssseeee tell me I didn't just read this!!!! Do you base your hypothesis on any sort of evidence or is this all just sci-fi/fantasy land assumptions?

If you think real life is fanasy land, than yes. Truth is, the consoles are probably gonna be alot more neck and neck this time. There's always a 'weaker' console. PS2 was weaker, Xbox 360 was weaker(though it made no difference), and Wii was even weaker.
It made no difference, all the next gen consoles from the three will exist.
Nintendo went motion last time in a different market, which means they weren't directly competing. Nintendo's back in HD and overall improvements. The Wii U is more efficient, powerful, and smaller than PS3, and Sony STILL can't shrink the PS3 down to a Wii size.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Aviator

SCAR392 wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

If Unreal Engine really does add more AI and software content of that field, then yes, a fix will be needed, but that's not impossible either. Nintendo themselves could create an add-on tool FOR FREE that converts or compresses to get these games on Wii U. Also, as an OPTIONAL upgrade they could also have a hardware addition that plays these games just as well as the other next gen consoles if needed. Who's to say soley the extra visual content matters without 4K, anyway?

Please please pleaaasssseeee tell me I didn't just read this!!!! Do you base your hypothesis on any sort of evidence or is this all just sci-fi/fantasy land assumptions?

If you think real life is fanasy land, than yes. Truth is, the consoles are probably gonna be alot more neck and neck this time. There's always a 'weaker' console. PS2 was weaker, Xbox 360 was weaker(though it made no difference), and Wii was even weaker.
Nintendo went motion last time in a different market, which means they weren't directly competing. Nintendo's back in HD and overall improvements. The Wii U is more efficient, powerful, and smaller than PS3, and Sony STILL can't shrink the PS3 down to a Wii size.

Can you PLEASE actually prove what your saying.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SCRAPPER392

Aviator wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

It's called figuring stuff out myself. PS3 being weaker, less efficient, and not as compact is a given. They still can't get PS3 as small as Wii U, and it's better. What exactly am I supposed to prove?

EDIT: Just look at Dreamcast. It was smaller than N64, but more powerful and functional. It's like saying an NES is more powerful as the Wii because the casing is bigger.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

LzWinky

I can't believe fans are saying there aren't any games on WIi U >:[

Check the eShop and support the indie developers!!!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Chrono_Cross

Aviator wrote:

Well you see Aviator, according to Scar, the smaller a console the better. (In every way.)

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AbeVigoda

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Well you see Aviator, according to Scar, the smaller a console the better. (In every way.)

Then if the smaller console is not powerful enough, all you need to do is buy an even smaller second console attachment which will then provide your now medium sized console with the same power as it's larger competitors. It's all very simple.

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have l...

Chrono_Cross

AbeVigoda wrote:

Then if the smaller console is not powerful enough, all you need to do is buy an even smaller second console attachment which will then provide your now medium sized console with the same power as it's larger competitors. It's all very simple.

Abe should take Iwata's job. He's simply a genius.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

noname001

SCAR392 wrote:

I think Unreal Engine 4 will be Unreal Engine 3.6, unless it can actually run 33% better overall.

It's Unreal Engine 4 because it's a name. It is a newly designed engine. You cannot determine the improvements as a percentage, and that is utterly irrelevant in the naming of an engine.

SCAR392 wrote:

Nintendo themselves could create an add-on tool FOR FREE that converts or compresses to get these games on Wii U. Also, as an OPTIONAL upgrade they could also have a hardware addition that plays these games just as well as the other next gen consoles if needed. Who's to say soley the extra visual content matters without 4K, anyway?

Yeeeeeah you know it isn't quite as simple as that. Back in the day you could get an expansion pack for the N64 to bump up the ram a bit, but current and future consoles are far more complex than that.

noname001

Jaz007

@Scar The Wii U also doesn't have a hard drive to hold. The PS3 does have an advantage over Wii U in how much memory it has.

Jaz007

MAN1AC

LzQuacker wrote:

I can't believe fans are saying there aren't any games on WIi U >:[

Check the eShop and support the indie developers!!!

The indie games are good but its easy to see why ppl are saying this. Nintendo didn't embrace being online like their competitors did in the past so its understandable if their fan base is looking at retailers before checking the eShop for games.

Also, those indie games will never get the promo that major Nintendo exclusives(the games people really want) will get.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

CanisWolfred

Aviator wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I can at the very least assure you it's smaller than the PS3 Super Slim.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

@Scar The Wii U also doesn't have a hard drive to hold. The PS3 does have an advantage over Wii U in how much memory it has.

Ya, but you can still have an ext. HDD. If Nintendo would have had a bigger HDD built in, the Wii U would cost an extra $50-100, and that's only if it's a 2TB. An internal HDD is more expensive. Xbox 360 HDDs cost $100 for 320gb, 1TB is $100 for PS3. They can all use ext HDD, but I'd rather get a PS3/360 for $60 less, then buy my own 2TB for $100. I would save the ammount I payed considering how much more memory that is.

@Willobee
It would actually be easier than it was back then. They had to design a RAM pack specifically for N64. USB is as easy plug and play.

Qwest

Void

The size of a console determins wether it gets Unreal Engine 4?

Fascinating.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

SCRAPPER392

Chrono_Cross wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

Abe should take Iwata's job. He's simply a genius.

If Nintendo does cook up an attachment for more power if they need it, then why argue that?
PS4=$500 approx.
Wii U=$300 + ext. HDD=$50(at least, and not made by Nintendo) + hardware enhancer(maybe not even made by Nintendo)=$200 AT MOST
Do the math, you get what you pay for. PC gamers have been dealing with this for years. Updating their rig with HDDs, graphics cards, audio chips, new ports, etc. It might not even happen, or be necessary.

Qwest

MAB

lol gamers complaining about the price of HDD's... I remember paying $500 for a 500 meg external for the Amiga 500 back in the day

MAB

ClassicJetterz

Well...90% of the games I will get for the Wii U won't use any sort of Unreal Engine anyhow, so I'm not entirely upset.

Though I suppose this is just the Wii all over again.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

SCRAPPER392

MadAussieBloke wrote:

lol gamers complaining about the price of HDD's... I remember paying $500 for a 500 meg external for the Amiga 500 back in the day

I'm not complaining. I completely get where you're coming from. People now EXPECT an HDD, but they haven't actually needed to buy one for gaming unyil last gen. We might as well argue whether our memory cards have 59 blocks or 1019 blocks on GCN, PS2 has 2mb/4mb, and XBox has 4gb.

Qwest

CanisWolfred

They're necessary now and we live in the present. Lacking an HHD was a stupid place to cut corners, and will surely hurt the Wii U in the long run, if it hasn't hurt it already...now why are we talking about this again?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Ya, but you can still have an ext. HDD. If Nintendo would have had a bigger HDD built in, the Wii U would cost an extra $50-100, and that's only if it's a 2TB. An internal HDD is more expensive. Xbox 360 HDDs cost $100 for 320gb, 1TB is $100 for PS3. They can all use ext HDD, but I'd rather get a PS3/360 for $60 less, then buy my own 2TB for $100. I would save the ammount I payed considering how much more memory that is.

@Willobee
It would actually be easier than it was back then. They had to design a RAM pack specifically for N64. USB is as easy plug and play.

My point was that is something that the PS3 has to store I reagard to the Wii U being smaller than PS3. I'm not saying that alone is the reason why its bigger it's just something to point out.

Jaz007

MAB

SCAR392 wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I'm not complaining. I completely get where you're coming from. People now EXPECT an HDD, but they haven't actually needed to buy one for gaming unyil last gen. We might as well argue whether our memory cards have 59 blocks or 1019 blocks on GCN, PS2 has 2mb/4mb, and XBox has 4gb.

It wasn't really directed at you mate... Just wanted to let these youngsters know we hiked up mountains and fought great wars so they can whinge about the state of our videogame industry

MAB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.