Wii U Forum

Topic: The Wii U can run Unreal Engine 4 but probably won't get it.

Showing 141 to 160 of 211

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

141. Posted:

@Sony_70 Showing non HD videos doesn't really help BTW. You should update the video or add a link of the videos in HD.

I think Unreal Engine 4 will be Unreal Engine 3.6, unless it can actually run 33% better overall. There's obviously improvements, but I think considering the actual usability, ability, and function matter most. i.e: Will AI actually be smart this time, BECAUSE of this engine? I seriously haven't seen any smart AI since GCN and Xbox, and even those, along with PS3 and Xbox 360 have grown tiring. Will computer movements be random and unpredictable forever, EVERY time I play a game?
When I first played RE4, the enemy AI seemed very realistic, but naturally as time goes by, you see flaws in design and game mechanics.
The graphics don't seem that much more detailed, and maybe 4K will fix that, but that's another factor whether your going to be able to see a real jump in quality.
The processor doesn't always do everything. Almost everyone was literally playing last gen consoles on SD tvs with no surround sound AT FIRST. These things are more common now(HDTVs moreso). If Unreal Engine really does add more AI and software content of that field, then yes, a fix will be needed, but that's not impossible either. Nintendo themselves could create an add-on tool FOR FREE that converts or compresses to get these games on Wii U. Also, as an OPTIONAL upgrade they could also have a hardware addition that plays these games just as well as the other next gen consoles if needed. Who's to say soley the extra visual content matters without 4K, anyway?
We will truly have to see.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

142. Posted:

Untitled
This is so bad. The only thing that's worse are the people trying to defend it.

I wish there was a way to know you are in the good ole days before you actually leave them.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

143. Posted:

MANIAC911 wrote:

Untitled

There's a difference between explaining and defending FYI. This is really no big deal IMO. No one has any full details about this and won't until we see what this stuff is all about.

EDIT: BTW, are you saying defending Unreal Engine 4 being the kill all engine is 'so bad', or questioning whether Wii U being able to run it in full form or not?

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Melkaticox

144. Posted:

The graphics on that old tech demo were so unreal engine 3 it wasn't even funny...

Who knows for sure? But I bet this so called Unreal Engine 4 will be "Unreal Engine 3 with better particle effects and framerate"

Disney reviews written by Neil Sharpson, voiced by Erik Copper and edited by me on my channel! They're hilarious, I can promise you that.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Melkac/videos

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

145. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

MANIAC911 wrote:

Untitled

There's a difference between explaining and defending FYI. This is really no big deal IMO. No one has any full details about this and won't until we see what this stuff is all about.

EDIT: BTW, are you saying defending Unreal Engine 4 being the kill all engine is 'so bad', or questioning whether Wii U being able to run it in full form or not?

Being able to run it or not is not the point.
Its the fact that people don't seem to believe in the console and Nintendo's fan base. And this might not be a big deal to you, but there are Wii U owners that would like to play these games on a Nintendo console.

I wish there was a way to know you are in the good ole days before you actually leave them.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

146. Posted:

MANIAC911 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

MANIAC911 wrote:

Untitled

Its the fact that people don't seem to believe in the console and Nintendo's fan base. And this might not be a big deal to you, but there are Wii U owners that would like to play these games on a Nintendo console.

I see. I completely agree with that. I'm gonna wanna play multiplats, but I honsetly don't really care about Battlefield 4 or any recent last gen catered game being absent. I would consider them like any game if they were on Wii U, but I'm not gonna dwell on it, especially since I have a PS3 right here. It makes no difference.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

147. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

MANIAC911 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

MANIAC911 wrote:

Untitled

I see. I completely agree with that. I'm gonna wanna play multiplats, but I honsetly don't really care about Battlefield 4 or any recent last gen catered game being absent. I would consider them like any game if they were on Wii U, but I'm not gonna dwell on it, especially since I have a PS3 right here. It makes no difference.

I'm in the same boat. I will be getting Sony's new console and I guess that will have to take care of the lack of 3rd party support on Nintendo's end.
But it would be nice to play some of those 3rd party games on the Wii U and Nintendo does need to address this issue.

AuthorMessage

AbeVigoda

148. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

We'll see how devastating this turns out to be. It's still yet to be determined which engine that will be the most used next-gen.

It will likely either be Unreal 4 or another yet to be created engine that the Wii-U will also be incapable of handling

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have links to use as proof." - SCAR392

AuthorMessage

AbeVigoda

149. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

If Unreal Engine really does add more AI and software content of that field, then yes, a fix will be needed, but that's not impossible either. Nintendo themselves could create an add-on tool FOR FREE that converts or compresses to get these games on Wii U. Also, as an OPTIONAL upgrade they could also have a hardware addition that plays these games just as well as the other next gen consoles if needed. Who's to say soley the extra visual content matters without 4K, anyway?
We will truly have to see.

Please please pleaaasssseeee tell me I didn't just read this!!!! Do you base your hypothesis on any sort of evidence or is this all just sci-fi/fantasy land assumptions?

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have links to use as proof." - SCAR392

AuthorMessage

scrubbyscum999

150. Posted:

Ok, how about this, let the chips fall where they may. I don't think the Wii U will fail but by some chance it does Nintendo would still survive. Lets please not get so hyped up over stuff we knew was going to happen, like not having UE4. I understand we all love to speculate but there is a thin line between speculation and just complaining or practically rooting for Nintendo's failure. Sadly I have been seeing more of the latter. If you want to call me a fanboy for being annoyed when people go crazy about something we ALREADY KNEW WAS LIKELY TO HAPPEN, fine.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage

WebHead

151. Posted:

http://gengame.net/2013/03/next-gen-transition-will-be-just-a...

I suggest reading this.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

MAB

152. Posted:

Untitled

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage

scrubbyscum999

153. Posted:

Nobody wants to admit that people who prefer MS and Sony can be just as biased as Nintendo fans. Nobody wants to entertain the possibility that the PS4 and Nextbox just MIGHT go through the same thing.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

154. Posted:

Well, when he says it won't be getting it I think he means by Epic. It'd be too much to put a full scale version of it on the console and so they won't. People are welcome to try, (like he said) but the best that can happen is scaled down versions of "epic" games.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Sorry everyone, but GLaDOS has been delayed.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

155. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

@Sony_70

"Underperforming"? Compared to what, exactly?

"Nintendo says they've moved 30 million of the little buggers worldwide..."
http://kotaku.com/5984276/dont-look-now-but-the-3ds-has-becom...

Do some research, bud.

Isn't that after having to slash their expectations in half in the first place. Also more to the point that he next iphone/gaalalxy will probably rump that 30 million in a week.

No kidding. The iPhone and the galaxy whatever are PHONES- phones tend to be viewed as slightly more of a "need" than a pure video games console, regardless of what we as gamers may think.

You've been bested, my friend. And for everyone else once again calling the doom and gloom down upon Nintendo, you'd do well to get out there and do a little research into the company as a whole rather than just its Wii U division. And as I've said many times before, most gamers own more than one console and/or a gaming PC. If you only own a Wii U, I do hope that you have a young family who won't much mind the absence of these games that run the Unreal engine, or that you're ok with pretty much playing first-party Nintendo titles. For many people, what I described is just fine. If some of you are as dedicated a gamer as you try to come off on the forums, then you're whining over nothing- you most probably will own one of the other two consoles and/or a PC no matter what. Play your Nintendo consoles for the awesome exclusives and crazy innovation; play the others for all the other cool stuff.

Good day.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

Pikminboy

156. Posted:

Nintendo likes to keep their stuff secret, dam you iwata!

Pikminboy

AuthorMessage

OverturePT

157. Posted:

I don't know if anyone has already posted this, but... http://mynintendonews.com/2013/03/30/rein-says-developers-cou...

So, basically, he's saying again what he mentioned a few months back, I just don't know why he would phrase it like he did on the article that started this "mess". So yea, the engine runs on the console, it's just a matter of the developers wanting to port their games or not.

OverturePT

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

158. Posted:

What a lemon, why didn't he say in the first place instead of insulting the Wii-U?

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

OverturePT

159. Posted:

Probably because he felt like doing a bit of stand up comedy for the "hardcore" gamers.

OverturePT

AuthorMessage

Discostew

160. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

What a lemon, why didn't he say in the first place instead of insulting the Wii-U?

Unfortunate as it is, that seems to be the attitude of most game developers nowadays (at least in the West). A quote from someone I met online who tried to get into the video game industry compared it to the following, "It's like going back to high school, and you're the new kid".

Edited on by Discostew

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew