Forums

Topic: The Wii U turnaround is confirmed!

Posts 101 to 110 of 110

moomoo

TheSilencer wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

I'm under the impression that they didn't tell third parties that much when developing the console. Ea probably new because the consulted a bit on the Nintendo Network.

The earliest I could find was the darksiders team saying they found out about the Wii U in April and were told to make an onstage demo that Nintendo never used.

I'm assuming the Darksiders team got paid, then?

This whole thing shouldn't really be a problem. Nobody really confronted anyone about much of anything in 6th gen, so what happened in the past 10 years that makes people complain at such a time as this?

People just don't want to work. That's the impression I get. They want big results from half an effort, and they'll cry if things don't go their way.

I absolutely agree here.
My impression on these third party game makers is exactly the same, and these game makers are showing no imagination what so ever.
They just keep releasing the same crap over and over again on these same stale consoles.

Companies like EA and TwoKSports passing on the Wii U is just complete laziness, and shows no balls at all.

What about the games Nintendo are putting out? New Mario game (looks very similar to 3D Land), new DK game (looks very similar to DKC Returns), new Smash Bros, new Mario Kart, and a rerelease of a Gamecube Zelda game.
Balls don't always make bank. Just look at the Wonderful 101.

EA is a business. They need to make money and continuously expand if they want to be successful, and showing unbridled support to a system with a small userbase (that doesn't even like EA games for the most part; If you did, you'd probably own another system, since that's what their games are on) makes no sense for a company as big as EA.

It's not laziness to put games on a system where the userbase doesn't care; it's insanity. EA is big enough that they don't have to put all their games out on all systems; they're big enough that people that like their games will go to the platforms they support. It's better for them to allocate resources efficiently and not A) delay a game to get it on Wii U B) work people harder and for longer hours to get a Wii U version out or C) hire more people or an outside firm to handle production of said Wii U game when the Wii U investment probably won't get the sales needed to redeem the investment.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

OptometristLime

Topic: The Wii U turnaround is confirmed!

Oh I get it, the same joke was used for the Xbox!
Trolls will tell you to: face the console and turn 360; then walk away.

I think for the Wii U Turnaround a person has to put on a red blinking light and holler ambulance noises.
wii u wii u

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

GuSolarFlare

@OptometristLime it was about time for an U-turn!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SCRAPPER392

@moomoo
The point is that it won't be a problem getting games onto the Wii U based on architecture or online differences.
If EA can get their games onto the Wii U with price being based on porting alone(which is cheaper than building another game from scratch), there really is no excuse.

PS4 supports OpenGL and Direct X. Xbox One supports Direct X. Wii U supports OpenGL.

I completely understand porting a game is not always ideal in some situations(mainly financially), but if the game is showing up on PS4, there literally isn't a problem to get the game onto Wii U using OpenGL instead of Direct X. All there is is a little bit of extra effort for a potentially equal or larger payout based on the install base numbers.

I agree that they should wait until things are better than they are. It's all part of the business, but there will come a time when 3rd parties won't be able to use that excuse anymore.

Unless Xbox One and PS4 get up to the same sale numbers as Wii U does on day one, there shouldn't be any reason why they won't make the extra effort to convert Direct X to an OpenGL equivalent that will run on Wii U.

Even if they have to lower a texture resolution or lower the polygon count here and there, it will essentially be the same content.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

rallydefault

Lol

Everyone needs to relax. We all know what the OP means: more first-party games than we've seen so far are just around the corner. This is, when speaking of any of the major three console publishers, usually a very good thing.

End of story. Pack it in, guys. The snarkiness and nit-picking are getting old.

rallydefault

kkslider5552000

rallydefault wrote:

Lol

Everyone needs to relax. We all know what the OP means: more first-party games than we've seen so far are just around the corner. This is, when speaking of any of the major three console publishers, usually a very good thing.

End of story. Pack it in, guys. The snarkiness and nit-picking are getting old.

"but i watch the angry video game nerd and know that being angry at video games makes me cool!"

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

skywake

What's interesting is that looking at the amazon sales charts in the OP the PS4 is right up the top and the XBOne is well down the list. Wii U bundle is near the middle.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SCRAPPER392

skywake wrote:

What's interesting is that looking at the amazon sales charts in the OP the PS4 is right up the top and the XBOne is well down the list. Wii U bundle is near the middle.

I'm wondering how many peole will actually throw down the cash when they come out, though.

The Wii U was sold out almost everywhere, pre-order wise, then no one went and bought them.

I bet the same Wii U consoles for sale are still the ones people cancelled from pre-orders.

Who knows.

EDIT: Here's some sources:
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/analysts-unimpressed-by-wii-u/

http://www.polygon.com/2012/10/24/3551656/wii-u-exceeds-preor...

http://kotaku.com/5975869/how-gamestops-500000-wii-u-wait-lis...

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

MAB

SCAR392 wrote:

skywake wrote:

I'm wondering how many peole will actually throw down the cash when they come out, though.

The Wii U was sold out almost everywhere, pre-order wise, then no one went and bought them.

I bet the same Wii U consoles for sale are still the ones people cancelled from pre-orders.

Who knows.

EDIT: Here's some sources:
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/analysts-unimpressed-by-wii-u/

http://www.polygon.com/2012/10/24/3551656/wii-u-exceeds-preor...

http://kotaku.com/5975869/how-gamestops-500000-wii-u-wait-lis...

A large chunk of those PSOne preorders were filled by none other than Mr Scroogey McEbay
Untitled

Edited on by MAB

MAB

SCRAPPER392

@MAB
Pretty much. I still see the exact same Pikachu 3DS XL online for $100 or so more than the MSRP every now and then.

People did the same thing for Wii U. They bought them, because they thought they would get sold out, then end up finding out there's still a ton of stock in store(this goes for alot of things).

I think it's kind of ridiculous. Just buy 6 games instead of trying to flip a system over the span of 1 year or something...

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.