Wii U Forum

Topic: The U Pro Controller - 3 in 1 (Tips and Discussion Thread)

Showing 1 to 10 of 10

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GoombaSlayer

1. Posted:

(If there already is a thread about the SNES-reeking U Pro Controller i beg for a parley. Neither Google or the search here found anything.)

The U Pro Controller is a third-party controller that comes with quite the punch. Not only is it a Pro Controller/Xbox 360 (looking) pad with a charming Super Nintendo-bonus, the controller itself is able to work as both a Wiimote and a Classic Controller/Classic Controller Pro. The controller is not a Pro Controller, despite its name, and you wont be able to play all Wii U-games with it, such as Darksiders II, for an example. But any Wii U game supporting Classic Controller is fully compatible with the U Pro Controller, which means that you can use it with ZombiU Multiplayer, Call of Duty Black Ops II, Monster Hunter 3, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Rayman Legends, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed etc.

Most of all you can use it with New Super Mario Bros. U and its co-operative multiplayer mode due to it being a Classic Controller. Something thats not possible with a Wii U Pro Controller from Nintendo. (Not to mention to perk of being able to play it with its SNES-looking and great D-pad). What better way to embrace the itself very Super Mario World-inspired game :)

Obviously playing Wii U games is not all. It being a Classic Controller you will be able to play all compatible Wii-games with this comfortable Pro pad, such as Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story, Super Smash Bros Brawl (!) and so on. The controller also work as a Wiimote however you obviously wont be able to enjoy games like Super Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword with it (unfortunately) due to the lack of a Nunchuck (Perhaps it is an option to plug in a Nunchuck, though, im not sure. Does anyone else know?). But it will work work point-based games and games using the Wiimote "like a NES-controller".

And, of course, Virtual Console.

I just ordered mine so thats why i dont have all the answers yet. This thread could be about giving tips to eachother about compatible Wii and Wii U-games so that we U Pro Controller owners know what to get and what we can use the controller with.

Have YOU acquired one? Are you pleased? Are you interested in getting one? What games would you recommend?

Edited on by GoombaSlayer

GoombaSlayer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jellitoe

2. Posted:

The most important thing if you buy that is to know that is is not a Wii U Contoller Pro, and will not play Wii U games that only use Wii U specific Controllers.
Its a WiiMote+Classic Controller meshed into one. Its kinda deceiving at that because it sounds like a Wii U Controller Pro, but its not. It does not have the Triggers either
So yes its OK, as long as you know that it will not play Wii U games that do not support the WiiMote, Classic Controller combo and as long as you know it does not bring r2-l2.

Jellitoe

Twitter: jellitoe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GoombaSlayer

3. Posted:

Yes, definitely. With it looking like the Pro Controller and having Pro in its name its an easy mistake to make. (But luckily most Wii U games seems to support the Classic Controller(s)). What do you mean by that it doesnt have the triggers? It has L, R, ZL and ZR.

GoombaSlayer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

4. Posted:

Pro controller has clickable joysticks, is what he is saying.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jellitoe

5. Posted:

willobee wrote:

Pro controller has clickable joysticks, is what he is saying.

This, which is a must for games like Blackops

Edited on by Jellitoe

Jellitoe

Twitter: jellitoe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GoombaSlayer

6. Posted:

Jellitoe wrote:

willobee wrote:

Pro controller has clickable joysticks, is what he is saying.

This, which is a must for games like Blackops

Dont think I ever have "clicked the joystick" playing Call of Duty, what does it do? Some kind of special aiming?

GoombaSlayer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GoombaSlayer

7. Posted:

The controller arrived today. The joysticks are very much clickable. I havent tried Nintendos Pro Controller but in comparison with the Xbox 360-controller the triggers
arent as great. But still a great controller. Currently playing No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle with it and have tried out the Co-Op/Boost Mode in New Super Mario Bros. U (not that entertaining). Looking forward to trying out some other Wii U games with it and of course all great Wii games supporting Classic Controller.
Will try to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles soon.

Edited on by GoombaSlayer

GoombaSlayer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shake_zula

8. Posted:

GoombaSlayer wrote:

Jellitoe wrote:

willobee wrote:

Pro controller has clickable joysticks, is what he is saying.

This, which is a must for games like Blackops

Dont think I ever have "clicked the joystick" playing Call of Duty, what does it do? Some kind of special aiming?

I think by default clicking the left stick is sprint, and the right stick is either crouch or melee. You should try it

shake_zula

Nintendo Network ID: shake_zula

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

9. Posted:

Not for me.
For the Wii U, when I can, I'll use the Pro Controller, and for everything else I can use one of my old Classic Controller Pros.
I don't like buying third party controllers, they usually feel pretty cheap and can break easily, plus this thing looks really ugly to me.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GoombaSlayer

10. Posted:

shake_zula wrote:

GoombaSlayer wrote:

Jellitoe wrote:

willobee wrote:

Pro controller has clickable joysticks, is what he is saying.

This, which is a must for games like Blackops

Dont think I ever have "clicked the joystick" playing Call of Duty, what does it do? Some kind of special aiming?

I think by default clicking the left stick is sprint, and the right stick is either crouch or melee. You should try it

Oh yeah, of course. Now when you mentions it, lol. Absolutely.

BenAV wrote:

Not for me.
For the Wii U, when I can, I'll use the Pro Controller, and for everything else I can use one of my old Classic Controller Pros.
I don't like buying third party controllers, they usually feel pretty cheap and can break easily, plus this thing looks really ugly to me.

I usually would agree with you but this one feels really good.

GoombaSlayer