Forums

Topic: The Success of the Wii U in 2015

Posts 41 to 43 of 43

CaviarMeths

Peach64 wrote:

I think 2014 might be the sales peak. There's nothing out there next year that matches Mario Kart and Smash Bros in terms of selling systems. Zelda sells fairly big, but not on the level of those two. Xenoblade is another Bayonetta 2, as in it will probably get great reviews, but I doubt it will be a big seller and the effect on hardware sales non-existant. Yoshi's Wooly World and Kirby's Rainbow Paintbrush will probably sell well, but move hardware? I just don't see it.

You're being a little disingenuous though.

The window of release for Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, and Brawl was very tight, a total of 7 months, from Nov 2007 - May 2008. In Q4 2007 - Q2 2008 (Oct 2007 - June 2008), the Wii shipped 16 million consoles. The same three quarters a year later, the Wii shipped 18 million consoles. Move another year forward, those three quarters shipped 17 million. The release window for Galaxy, MK, and Brawl was the lowest-selling period YoY for a full 3 years until 2011, where shipments dipped to 12 million.

No software coming next year to match the popularity of Mario Kart and Smash? What about Mario Kart and Smash?

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Hy8ogen

Anything selling better the virtual boy is a success imo.

Seriously though next year is going to be epic. Zelda, X, MH4 (wishful thinking), Wholly World and Starfox. Whether the Wii U will be a financial success or not, I'll let Nintendo worry about that.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

rallydefault

Hy8ogen wrote:

Anything selling better the virtual boy is a success imo.

Seriously though next year is going to be epic. Zelda, X, MH4 (wishful thinking), Wholly World and Starfox. Whether the Wii U will be a financial success or not, I'll let Nintendo worry about that.

/agreed

I am a Zelda fan, and 2015 is going to be my year.

rallydefault

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.