Forums

Topic: The Success of the Wii U in 2015

Posts 1 to 20 of 43

GamecubeMan

I think the planets are aligned for the console to be a huge sucess next year. You got must have games already released, then ones to come and now you got the fact that the software is not stupid anymore. The Wii U is out of the woods now.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

iKhan

The planets will be aligned when the adult western mass market considers Nintendo a serious contender. Unfortunately they do not right now.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

I think Smash Brothers and Mario Kart were two really big momentum makers for the system and DLC plus new IP will be really good for the comapny. Nintendo has sone a good job of filling out their console base and having a nice collection of online multiplayer games that are fully featured and keeps the Nintendo feel. I'd say the big tent poles of next year are going to be Zelda, Splatoon, Xenoblade, and Mario Maker.

Now they have the attention of Gamers they need to start to pull more deals like Bayonetta 2 and put out more T-M rated content. Localize Fatal Frame over and bring back Eternal Darkness.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Haru17

I think the Wii U will pull Nintendo out of the red in 2015, but you have to consider that a LOT of third party games are coming that year; it's going to be the biggest year in gaming in a while (failing 10's of big delays). The Witcher 3, Batman, Metal Gear Solid, The Division, Star Wars Battlefront, and the usual Assassin's Creed and CoD are all going to pull people towards the PS4 and X1.

That's not to say the Wii U will be lacking in artistic merit, just that I wouldn't expect it to eclipse the other consoles. With the economy doing better and better plenty of middle class playstation, xbox, and PC owners will buy a Wii U as an auxiliary console because of all its exclusive content; that's what I plan to do.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Punished_Boss_84

Sorry no. What's happened the past 2yrs is a good indicator that Wii U won't be a success.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Haru17

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Sorry no. What's happened the past 2yrs is a good indicator that Wii U won't be a success.

'A success' is a very vague term. The Wii U will become profitable, it's already been picking up sales and amiibos have generated 1 billion in (I think) gross revenue. It'll only get better as more games come to the system.

jump

Haru17 wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

'A success' is a very vague term. The Wii U will become profitable, it's already been picking up sales and amiibos have generated 1 billion in (I think) gross revenue. It'll only get better as more games come to the system.

1 Billion? Do you mean in yen otherwise there is no way that's true.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haru17

arronishere wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Nope, US, it surprised me too: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/08/analyst-amiibo-us-sale... I have no idea why people are buying those silly little amiibos.

AlexSays

The only huge success it's having are those toys everyone freaks out about for some reason

If the console itself was going to take off, it'd do so after Smash and MK. There's nothing next year that'll move units more than those two.

AlexSays

AlexSays

Financial year, people

Not calendar

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Haru17

arronishere wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Nope, US, it surprised me too: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/08/analyst-amiibo-us-sale... I have no idea why people are buying those silly little amiibos.

There's a difference between an analysts predicting something and real numbers. For them to make a billion every Wii U owner would need to buy 9 amiibos in the last 2 weeks.

Well obviously more than just Wii U owners are buying them, Nintendo fans and collectors in general seem to be buying them as well. They're selling out in places; there seems to be an amiibo bubble of sorts. It's a forbes-sourced article, take it up with them.

Edited on by Haru17

AlexSays

Financial year bros pls

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Haru17

AlexSays wrote:

Financial year bros pls

Actually read the article

I didn't say by the end of December now did I! OG Snoopy was nicer than you -_-

Edited on by Haru17

AlexSays

Haru17 wrote:

and amiibos have generated 1 billion in (I think) gross revenue. .

Mhm

Mhm

Ok man

AlexSays

Haru17

AlexSays wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

and amiibos have generated 1 billion in (I think) gross revenue. .

Mhm

Mhm

Ok man

Split hairs much? Fine, I misspoke, that doesn't change the fact that Nintendo's financial fates are changing. The thread is about 2015, you know.

AlexSays

Upon further research it seems Bloomberg originated the error of USD instead of Yen.

1 billion Yen in 2014 would make more sense than 1 billion USD financial.

Either way IGN made an error in money or by switching between calendar/financial and now that error will be propagated by nintendo fans everywhere

AlexSays

jump

Haru17 wrote:

Well obviously more than just Wii U owners are buying them, Nintendo fans and collectors in general seem to be buying them as well. They're selling out in places; there seems to be an amiibo bubble of sorts. It's a forbes-sourced article, take it up with them.

You mis-read the article, they are predicting it will generate a billiion not that it already has. 1 billion devided the rrp of 12.99 means they would need sales of 76,982,294 since it's release of 21st Nov.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haru17

AlexSays wrote:

Upon further research it seems Bloomberg originated the error of USD instead of Yen.

1 billion Yen in 2014 would make more sense than 1 billion USD financial.

Either way IGN made an error in money or by switching between calendar/financial and now that error will be propagated by nintendo fans everywhere

Huh, that makes more sense, honestly.

AlexSays

Yeah 1 billion yen is like 8 million usd

Thanks IGN for making that mistake

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.