Forums

Topic: The PS4 Has Officially Outsold the Wii U In 2/3 Markets.

Posts 281 to 300 of 337

Ryno

rallydefault wrote:

I read that Nintendo is going to go back to card games and plush toys because of this announcement.

Yeah, they should stay away from toys because Wonderful Waterfuls has unofficially 2/3 of the market.
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

MAN1AC

Based Sony is going to dominate this gen. I dont think we'll see PS2 domination but I think they;ll be the market leader by a wide margin. Hopefully the PS4 can be the platform that can help Japan get their sh*t back together this gen.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

kyuubikid213

Why is this thread in the Wii U section? Great. Sony's doing well. Shouldn't this be in the Other Gaming section or on PushSquare?

If the Wii U started to outsell the other two or got an exclusive as Game of the Year, I wouldn't go to those other areas and put up topics about it.

I wish the mods would move the thread or something

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Mahe

If this keeps going on, the PS4 is going to absolutely slaughter the Wii U. Nintendo made a huge mistake with the Gamepad.

Mahe

luisesteban

And what is the big deal that crappy ps4 sells better?

I'm only want that Wii U sells fine and that Nintendo push great great games. I really don't care what the other companies do.

luisesteban

Socar

JohnRedcorn wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Sony has sold 5.3 million units as of February 8th.

It's really too bad the PS4 doesn't have any games that are system sellers!

By the end of the month they should be at 6 million after the console debuts in Japan.

Yeah. Nintendo struggles because it doesn't have games that are system sellers except 3D world and PS4 easily outsells the Wii U without any. Just shows how easy it is for Sony to get into gaming bis.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

open

Does anyone expect Xbox One to sell 3 million this year?

If not then it won't even catch up to Wii U. WiiU is sitting at 2.2 million more sales than Xbox TODAY.

Titan fall will drive sales - but will it sell 2.2 million by summer? Wii U will sell with Mario Kart/ Bayonetta/ other Q1&2 games probably hitting 7 million worldwide by Q4 when X and smash release.

Estimate 8.5 million by January 2015....

"But Wii U doesn't sell well!!" Ha yeah right.

NNID: openrob

Jaz007

@Open 3 million over the whole year? Yeah, I think most people expect at least that much. It would probably be in some trouble if it didn't. Wii U selling less than 3 million is pretty bad too.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

shingi_70

I hope each all three systems are at around six million before the year ends.

Hopefully the big three of Titanfall, Mario Kart and Infamous gives the industry a nice momentum boost off of the consoles launches.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MikeLove

open wrote:

If not then it won't even catch up to Wii U. WiiU is sitting at 2.2 million more sales than Xbox TODAY.

Titan fall will drive sales - but will it sell 2.2 million by summer? Wii U will sell with Mario Kart/ Bayonetta/ other Q1&2 games probably hitting 7 million worldwide by Q4 when X and smash release.

Huh? Hasn't it already been reported that the Xbox One has sold between 3-4 million already? What are you talking about?

MikeLove

RancidVomit86

@open I can only assume you must not have been following how the Xbox One is doing. It's selling pretty well. Better than Wii U.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

LzWinky

Wii U has more games that appeal to me regardless, so I'm not really worried about sales comparisons

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ryno

It's obvious these PS4 and Xbone owners haven't seen DK's fur.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

GuSolarFlare

go go, PS4!!! go go, WiiU!!!!
no no, fighting over which console is better!!!!!!!
oh and go go, XBone too!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

kyuubikid213

@open
Not sure if Titanfall will truly drive One sales. Although I'm not personally impressed by it (it's another first person shooter and we'll see many more. not saying it's not a good first person shooter, but it's essentially battlefield with mechs... oh wait... battlefield 2142...), I know a lot of people that are. However, Titanfall is also releasing on PC. If people are patient and it comes through Steam, in a matter of weeks PC gamers will be able to grab the game for significantly less and still have the same graphic potential, same game, and even larger online community.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

open

JohnRedcorn wrote:

open wrote:

Huh? Hasn't it already been reported that the Xbox One has sold between 3-4 million already? What are you talking about?

It has sold about 3.6 million - 2.2 million less than Wii U (which is sitting at about 5.8 million). My point is that Wii U is still in the lead in terms of sales for 8th gen home consoles (rarely mentioned) and that I propose that it is at least likely to have more units in homes than XBox One over the next year (This is hardly mentioned) due to the fact of it's 2.2 million lead, and even though some of the big games are to be released on XB1 this year, yet it is the same situation for Wii U. Yet more devs want to work on XBOX 1 - You can't explain that...

People Go on so much about Wii U's crap sales that it put both developers/producers and prospective buyers off. If there wasn't so much targeted bad press on Wii U imagine the possbilities.

A bit like how every gaming (and even non gaming sites) covered the drop in Nintendo stock giving it bad press no one talked about Sony's major losses for the past few years and their stock drops.
AND
Where was all the press for Wii U hitting 5 million?* You will argue that the press is talking about the speed the PS4 reached that target - yet - watch how the same press will be blasted out when XBOX1 hits that in 4 months time.

*Google Wii U 5 million and you get articles for the PS4!

Edited on by open

NNID: openrob

RancidVomit86

shingi_70 wrote:

Hopefully the big three of Titanfall, Mario Kart and Infamous gives the industry a nice momentum boost off of the consoles launches.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

kyuubikid213

shingi_70 wrote:

If all three systems were at 6 million by the end of the year, that'd be a SIGNIFICANT drop of momentum for all of them. Considering the Wii U is .2 million away from that and the One and PS4 aren't far behind, that's a little scary to think about. Correction. It's scary to think what the media would say about that. They'd call the Wii U an absolute and confirmed failure whereas the One and PS4 would need to be saved by some...thing.

Unless you meant to say you were hoping all three would add 6 million units to their current sales by the end of the year...

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

LzWinky

Pachter said that software sales overall is 45% lower (in 2013) than it was in 2008. This may also be part of the problem with the Wii U. Maybe this year will change the pattern...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.