Forums

Topic: The PS4 Has Officially Outsold the Wii U In 2/3 Markets.

Posts 261 to 280 of 337

turtlelink

The [superior console] Has Officially Outsold the [pitiful inferior console] In 2/3 Markets! YES! >:]

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

LzWinky

turtlelink wrote:

The [superior console] Has Officially Outsold the [pitiful inferior console] In 2/3 Markets! YES! >:]

Silly turtle. The Wii U did not outsell the PS4

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

PS Vita and Smartglass cannot replace the GamePad.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Snagrio

@Unca_Lz That's also true, but the point still stands that Nintendo had a whole year all to themselves and yet didn't do what was necessary to push the console when the fields were void of the current competition. Yes the media and fleeting 3rd parties do share the blame, but ultimately it's Nintendo's blunder; everyone else is just amplifying the effect.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AJ_Lethal

WingedSnagret wrote:

@Unca_Lz That's also true, but the point still stands that Nintendo had a whole year all to themselves and yet didn't do what was necessary to push the console when the fields were void of the current competition. Yes the media and fleeting 3rd parties do share the blame, but ultimately it's Nintendo's blunder; everyone else is just amplifying the effect.

That year was supposed to be taken by the 3rd parties and they blew it out. I guess Nintendo learned 3rd parties have no concept of "good-will".

Snagrio

AJ_Lethal wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

That year was supposed to be taken by the 3rd parties and they blew it out. I guess Nintendo learned 3rd parties have no concept of "good-will".

There's also the fact that Nintendo is completely new to working with HD tech, which in turn means the games are taking twice as long as they should. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it weren't for the fact that everyone else went HD several years ago. But that's just one of the seemingly never-ending number of problems the Wii U has to deal with.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SCRAPPER392

@WingedSnagret
Nintendo is still putting out more games than Microsoft and Sont, combined, so I don't see what the problem is.

Nintendo Land, NSMB.U, Game and Wario, Pikmin 3, W101, Sonic Lost World, then there's Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, DK, and Mario Kart coming up.

So from what Nintendo has brought out, there's more on Wii U. All those games are better than Knack, too, in many opinions.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

AJ_Lethal wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Third parties are bussiness they don't really care for goodwill and even than what goodwill would they give nintendo when they've not built up any strong relationships with that many third parties in the past generation.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AJ_Lethal

shingi_70 wrote:

Third parties are bussiness they don't really care for goodwill and even than what goodwill would they give nintendo when they've not built up any strong relationships with that many third parties in the past generation.

I know they are businesses, but late/overpriced/gimped ports do no favors to anyone.

Edited on by AJ_Lethal

dumedum

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Huge decline? Giving away Uncharted? Please, if you're going to make such claims you better bring some proof, instead of taking whatever you dump into the WC and posting it here.

I think that what he's trying to say is that Uncharted etc can be bought for really cheap and most Nintendo's big sellers continue to sell at prices closer to original price for a long time, and they also sold much more (tens of millions compared to millions).

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Mahe

dumedum wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Huge decline? Giving away Uncharted? Please, if you're going to make such claims you better bring some proof, instead of taking whatever you dump into the WC and posting it here.

I think that what he's trying to say is that Uncharted etc can be bought for really cheap and most Nintendo's big sellers continue to sell at prices closer to original price for a long time, and they also sold much more (tens of millions compared to millions).

Exactly. For example, here's a news item about Gran Turismo 6's sales and decline:

After the terrible numbers posted for GT6’s launch week in the UK, a mere 55,000, it’s clear the game is going to struggle to match the monster sales numbers of its predecessors. The number is as low as one fifth of the launch sales of GT5.

http://8bitbot.com/gt6badsales/

Similar news have appeared about many other "successful" PS360 game series. The PS3 and Xbox 360 aren't doing nearly as well as some people would like to claim. This past month in NPD results for the US, the PS360 sold similarly to the Wii U - and we all know how badly the Wii U is doing:

PS3: 53.5K
Wii U: 49K
360: 48.5K

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/final-january-npd-sales-are...

Those are not thriving consoles, and they would not have been serious competition for the Wii U if it had been positioned properly, without the Gamepad. But now Wii U shares their company while the PS4 captures customers' attention. Nintendo made some huge mistakes with the Wii U to let it come to this.

Mahe

CanisWolfred

Yeah, I meant to address GT6 specifically earlier but I got sidetracked. Gran Turismo 6 was poorly timed. It was released only weeks after the PS4 launch, and it was practically a stealth release. Hardly any advertising push was put behind it at all before and since. If you guys hadn't have mentioned it, I would've forgotten that game even existed, and I used to be a big fan of the series...honestly, it's poor sales are all on Sony there. It's kind of the Rhythm Heaven Fever of PS3...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jazzer94

Unca_Lz wrote:

In all honesty, the bad media was just looking for hits towards the end of last year. Compare the Wii U to the Gamecube: the internet was relatively nonexistent and the Gamecube's failure was not nearly as widespread as the Wii U. Third parties are also refusing to release full versions of their games on the Wii U, giving consumers little reason to buy them in the first place. While Nintendo started the mess, others can certainly take blame too.

Apart of me is a bit annoyed that Nintendo let so many inferior versions of multiplatform games on their system as it really didn't help public perception.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

kkslider5552000

except Rhythm Heaven fever at least had TF2 parodies and being a cheaper game...

So GT6 might be screwed, which honestly...kinda surprises me but also doesn't. It's surprising because the series is as popular as it is and on Ps4 but not because PSN members are getting that other realistic racing game for free so who cares? It would be like asking a Path of Exile fan to get Diablo 3, except way worse.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

GT 6 should have been a cross buy platform for PS3, PS4, and Vita to appease the hardcore Sim racer fans and keep it going with expansions and content. Have drive club for the regular yearly pop.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

rallydefault

I read that Nintendo is going to go back to card games and plush toys because of this announcement.

rallydefault

banacheck

PS4-That's the power of the Keyblade.

banacheck

shingi_70

Sony has sold 5.3 million units as of February 8th.

WAT!

shingi_70

@EdJericho

What's tour avatar from?

WAT!

MikeLove

shingi_70 wrote:

Sony has sold 5.3 million units as of February 8th.

It's really too bad the PS4 doesn't have any games that are system sellers!

By the end of the month they should be at 6 million after the console debuts in Japan.

MikeLove

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.