Wii U Forum

Topic: The PS4 Has Officially Outsold the Wii U In 2/3 Markets.

Showing 261 to 280 of 348

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

261. Posted:

Mahe wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Mahe wrote:

But the PS360 don't have Mario, and they don't have Wii Sports. Wii U also didn't have Wii Sports, and it was too expensive for Mario alone. Wii Sports 3 and $249 would have changed that.

But PS360 has GT, Forza, Halo, Uncharted, Gears of War...

Are you serious? Who cares about those boring games?

Millions of people. These games sell millions. Look, you were doing okay(...ish) before, but now you're honestly trying to argue that your opinion of these games matter in the grand scope of sales when the numbers say otherwise. Stop...just...stop.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

262. Posted:

@Mahe Way to totally ruin any case you were trying to make.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

AJ_Lethal

263. Posted:

Mahe wrote:

Those were actually consoles shipped to retailers, not sold through to customers. And most of the consoles that were sold were thanks to New Super Mario Bros. Imagine if it had been New SMB, Wii Sports 3 and $249. There's just no way you can claim that wouldn't have generated more positive word-of-mouth.

There's no way you can claim your plan will work, since its derived from a knee-jerk reaction to the Gamepad. In fact, your whole argument revolves around your vitriol you have towards the Gamepad and you try to pass your unfavorable opinion (k, fine) of the Gamepad as a fact (not fine). That means your argument will go in circles, going nowhere since you're stuck in the "MY OPINION IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS!" mentality. If you're still on denial you better look at the next excerpt of yours:

Mahe wrote:

Are you serious? Who cares about those boring games?

Apparently a lot of people outside. You might not see that due because of your craneorectal syndrome, tho.

Mahe wrote:

Ok, Halo is a big seller, but even Halo is in decline. Those others... the latest paymium Forza has become a joke. Sony gives Uncharted away for free to boost its "sales figures". GT was in huge decline on the PS3 and Gears is practically a goner now. If the PS360 library was limited to those games, it would be completely laughable.

Huge decline? Giving away Uncharted? Please, if you're going to make such claims you better bring some proof, instead of taking whatever you dump into the WC and posting it here.

deviantART

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

264. Posted:

@AJ_Lethal
@Mahe isn't making up the Sony free thing, They made software that didn't make them money. They lost 50-60% of everything PS3 related.

They sold well, but the way it was setup, Sony was basically paying people $30 of imaginary money to buy PS3s at $300 each.

EDIT: The amount of money that Sony lost was so much, that it literally doesn't have monetary value.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

AJ_Lethal

265. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@AJ_Lethal
@Mahe isn't making up the Sony free thing, They made software that didn't make them money. They lost 50-60% of everything PS3 related.

They sold well, but the way it was setup, Sony was basically paying people $30 of imaginary money to buy PS3s at $300 each.

EDIT: The amount of money that Sony lost was so much, that it literally doesn't have monetary value.

That sounds like a bundle.

(not disagreeing on Sony bleeding more than the whole cast of Saint Seiya, mind you)

Edited on by AJ_Lethal

deviantART

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

266. Posted:

@AJ_Lethal
No worries. A better way to put it, is that Sony was giving consumers more than what their money was worth on a large scale, continuously.

They lost an incomprehensible amount of money, in terms of business and marketing.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

267. Posted:

The Wii U had it's chance for a whole freaking year before the competition came out. But Nintendo didn't advertise nearly enough, confusion was (and still is) rampant about the system with the general public, and, perhaps most importantly, the game selection was rather poor. Sure there was sizable library after a few months, but most of the titles were either ports of games that have already been on other systems for some time or IPs that weren't instantly recognizable outside the gaming circles.

Cut to today, and the confusion is still highly prevalent over just what the Wii U is, advertising is still lackluster, though a little better then before, and the games, while coming, are still appearing in very isolated pockets, only now there isn't even old ports to fill in gaps since major 3rd party support is all but dead. Add that to the strong arrival of the twin competition, and the downright slanderous or even just indifferent nature the gaming media has thrown the Wii U's way (most of the time it isn't even mentioned when talking about this current gen), and it all adds up to a huge mess that really only Nintendo can blame themselves for.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

268. Posted:

In all honesty, the bad media was just looking for hits towards the end of last year. Compare the Wii U to the Gamecube: the internet was relatively nonexistent and the Gamecube's failure was not nearly as widespread as the Wii U. Third parties are also refusing to release full versions of their games on the Wii U, giving consumers little reason to buy them in the first place. While Nintendo started the mess, others can certainly take blame too.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

269. Posted:

The [superior console] Has Officially Outsold the [pitiful inferior console] In 2/3 Markets! YES! >:]

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

270. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

The [superior console] Has Officially Outsold the [pitiful inferior console] In 2/3 Markets! YES! >:]

Silly turtle. The Wii U did not outsell the PS4 ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

271. Posted:

PS Vita and Smartglass cannot replace the GamePad.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

272. Posted:

@Unca_Lz That's also true, but the point still stands that Nintendo had a whole year all to themselves and yet didn't do what was necessary to push the console when the fields were void of the current competition. Yes the media and fleeting 3rd parties do share the blame, but ultimately it's Nintendo's blunder; everyone else is just amplifying the effect.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

AJ_Lethal

273. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

@Unca_Lz That's also true, but the point still stands that Nintendo had a whole year all to themselves and yet didn't do what was necessary to push the console when the fields were void of the current competition. Yes the media and fleeting 3rd parties do share the blame, but ultimately it's Nintendo's blunder; everyone else is just amplifying the effect.

That year was supposed to be taken by the 3rd parties and they blew it out. I guess Nintendo learned 3rd parties have no concept of "good-will".

deviantART

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

274. Posted:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

That year was supposed to be taken by the 3rd parties and they blew it out. I guess Nintendo learned 3rd parties have no concept of "good-will".

There's also the fact that Nintendo is completely new to working with HD tech, which in turn means the games are taking twice as long as they should. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it weren't for the fact that everyone else went HD several years ago. But that's just one of the seemingly never-ending number of problems the Wii U has to deal with.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

275. Posted:

@WingedSnagret
Nintendo is still putting out more games than Microsoft and Sont, combined, so I don't see what the problem is.

Nintendo Land, NSMB.U, Game and Wario, Pikmin 3, W101, Sonic Lost World, then there's Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, DK, and Mario Kart coming up.

So from what Nintendo has brought out, there's more on Wii U. All those games are better than Knack, too, in many opinions.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

276. Posted:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Third parties are bussiness they don't really care for goodwill and even than what goodwill would they give nintendo when they've not built up any strong relationships with that many third parties in the past generation.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

AJ_Lethal

277. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Third parties are bussiness they don't really care for goodwill and even than what goodwill would they give nintendo when they've not built up any strong relationships with that many third parties in the past generation.

I know they are businesses, but late/overpriced/gimped ports do no favors to anyone.

Edited on by AJ_Lethal

deviantART

AuthorMessage

dumedum

278. Posted:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Huge decline? Giving away Uncharted? Please, if you're going to make such claims you better bring some proof, instead of taking whatever you dump into the WC and posting it here.

I think that what he's trying to say is that Uncharted etc can be bought for really cheap and most Nintendo's big sellers continue to sell at prices closer to original price for a long time, and they also sold much more (tens of millions compared to millions).

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

Mahe

279. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

I think that what he's trying to say is that Uncharted etc can be bought for really cheap and most Nintendo's big sellers continue to sell at prices closer to original price for a long time, and they also sold much more (tens of millions compared to millions).

Exactly. For example, here's a news item about Gran Turismo 6's sales and decline:

After the terrible numbers posted for GT6’s launch week in the UK, a mere 55,000, it’s clear the game is going to struggle to match the monster sales numbers of its predecessors. The number is as low as one fifth of the launch sales of GT5.

http://8bitbot.com/gt6badsales/

Similar news have appeared about many other "successful" PS360 game series. The PS3 and Xbox 360 aren't doing nearly as well as some people would like to claim. This past month in NPD results for the US, the PS360 sold similarly to the Wii U - and we all know how badly the Wii U is doing:

PS3: 53.5K
Wii U: 49K
360: 48.5K

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/final-january-npd-sales-are...

Those are not thriving consoles, and they would not have been serious competition for the Wii U if it had been positioned properly, without the Gamepad. But now Wii U shares their company while the PS4 captures customers' attention. Nintendo made some huge mistakes with the Wii U to let it come to this.

Mahe

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

280. Posted:

Yeah, I meant to address GT6 specifically earlier but I got sidetracked. Gran Turismo 6 was poorly timed. It was released only weeks after the PS4 launch, and it was practically a stealth release. Hardly any advertising push was put behind it at all before and since. If you guys hadn't have mentioned it, I would've forgotten that game even existed, and I used to be a big fan of the series...honestly, it's poor sales are all on Sony there. It's kind of the Rhythm Heaven Fever of PS3...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~