Wii U Forum

Topic: The PS4 Has Officially Outsold the Wii U In 2/3 Markets.

Showing 201 to 220 of 348

AuthorMessage

MAB

201. Posted:

@Nintenjoe64 Including the 16-Bits of the Mega Drive you can say I am playing with 144-Bits of true next gen blast processing power ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

202. Posted:

Idk, it must be my wishful fanboy thinking, but it feels to me that Nintendo is playing the waiting game. With the ever-rising development costs and lower profit returns the industry as a whole is increasingly having a problem with, odds are at least one of the big 3, or even just 3rd parties, are eventually going to implode on themselves. It already happened to THQ and the only thing keeping Capcom afloat is Monster Hunter, and that's just a couple examples.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

203. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Idk, it must be my wishful fanboy thinking, but it feels to me that Nintendo is playing the waiting game. With the ever-rising development costs and lower profit returns the industry as a whole is increasingly having a problem with, odds are at least one of the big 3, or even just 3rd parties, are eventually going to implode on themselves. It already happened to THQ and the only thing keeping Capcom afloat is Monster Hunter, and that's just a couple examples.

I bet they're making underpowered consoles with simple(but cool) gimmicks while they secretly research how to make a console with quantum computer tech, the old bits are doomed!

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

204. Posted:

I'm also not sure why anyone is expecting congratulations considering everyone knew this would happen anyway.

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

supermario182

205. Posted:

and the xbox one still has not outsold the atario 7800.

i still think that ps4 and xb1 are still riding their hype trains though. they had a big surge in the start from people who wanted them right away, but im not sure if that will hold up in the long run. im sure we'll have a better idea after this years holiday season, but i honestly wouldn't be surprised if nintendo has continued sales while the other two get stale and peter out a lot more.

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

AuthorMessage

Hy8ogen

206. Posted:

I don't care which console sold more, if the console has the games and features I want I buy it. Simple as that.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

207. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I'm also not sure why anyone is expecting congratulations considering everyone knew this would happen anyway.

A lot of people on this site expected the PS4 and Xbox One to sell as bad as Wii U.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

208. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

A lot of people on this site expected the PS4 and Xbox One to sell as bad as Wii U.

Well they're just silly and wrong then ;)

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

209. Posted:

supermario182 wrote:

and the xbox one still has not outsold the atario 7800.

i still think that ps4 and xb1 are still riding their hype trains though. they had a big surge in the start from people who wanted them right away, but im not sure if that will hold up in the long run. im sure we'll have a better idea after this years holiday season, but i honestly wouldn't be surprised if nintendo has continued sales while the other two get stale and peter out a lot more.

I agree. If Wii U keeps it's current momentum, and Xbox One/PS4 lose some of their momentum, it might make the Wii U look like it's being supported more, then more people will go buy one.

Maybe the "casual" crowd is taking their time. They are "casual", after all.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

210. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

No one really knew, though. I wouldn't have expected CoD to outsell Killzone, either.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Reala

211. Posted:

I think if anyone seriously thinks the wii u will out sell the xbone or PS4 they are quite frankly mental, I'd rather a wii u than the other 2 personally but I'm not delusional about how its likely to sell against the other 2.

Edited on by Reala

Reala

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

212. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I think it comes from people expecting another video game crash which again is another hard thing to predict.

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

213. Posted:

Reala wrote:

I think if anyone seriously thinks the wii u will out sell the xbone or PS4 they are quite frankly mental,

That's pretty harsh. People were predicting Xbox and PS would outsell Wii U, before they were even announced. That's just as much, if not more mental.

People were literally riding their hopes on consoles that didn't even exist. Sony's pre market build of the PS4 froze on stage at E3, and people were still worried about disc based DRM.

There were plenty of reason to think PS4 and Xbox One wouldn't do as well as they did, which is easy to accept, seeing as they are doing well(Sony still isn't making money). The same criticism goes both ways. It was just a matter of time to see how things played out. Now that we have seen some success, it's not hard to accept the reality of the situation, which has actually happened.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

214. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

No one really knew, though. I wouldn't have expected CoD to outsell Killzone, either.

Really? Killzone is a healthy franhcise but its never done Call of Duty numbers. The only two series that do Call of Duty numbers in the multiplayer FPS market these days are battlefield and Halo.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

215. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Reala wrote:

I think if anyone seriously thinks the wii u will out sell the xbone or PS4 they are quite frankly mental,

That's pretty harsh. People were predicting Xbox and PS would outsell Wii U, before they were even announced. That's just as much, if not more mental.

People were literally riding their hopes on consoles that didn't even exist. Sony's pre market build of the PS4 froze on stage at E3, and people were still worried about disc based DRM.

There were plenty of reason to think PS4 and Xbox One wouldn't do as well as they did, which is easy to accept, seeing as they are doing well(Sony still isn't making money). The same criticism goes both ways. It was just a matter of time to see how things played out. Now that we have seen some success, it's not hard to accept the reality of the situation, which has actually happened.

I'm not sure why you think PS4 wouldn't outsell Wii U considering it was hyped like crazy and preorders were selling out everywhere

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

216. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Reala wrote:

I'm not sure why you think PS4 wouldn't outsell Wii U considering it was hyped like crazy and preorders were selling out everywhere

People forget that Sony have two home consoles that passed 100 million sales.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

217. Posted:

@Jazzer94
The same can be said about Nintendo. GBA, DS, and Wii all sold over 100 million consoles, so what's your point?
http://www.gamnesia.com/articles/nintendos-lifetime-hardware-...

Even the NES sold gangbusters at around 60 million. Not only that, but what you're saying is relevant, happened years ago. You're going to have to go into more detail about why it matters.

@shingi_70
Ya, really. PS4 owners have an exclusive game that is comparable, but still admittedly different, and still decided to buy the multiplat game tat comes out every year.

EDIT: @Unca_LZ
I didn't see anymore hype than what I thought the Wii U had, so I didn't make anything of it.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

218. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Actually, no. People predicted (correctly) that the PS4/Xbox would do better than the Wii-U at launch because...

A) The PS3 and 360 were both massively successful
B) The hype for both systems (especially PS4) was off the charts in terms of media coverage, fan interest and advertising
C) Pre-orders for both systems sold out

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

219. Posted:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Actually, no. People predicted (correctly) that the PS4/Xbox would do better than the Wii-U at launch because...

A) The PS3 and 360 were both massively successful
B) The hype for both systems (especially PS4) was off the charts in terms of media coverage, fan interest and advertising
C) Pre-orders for both systems sold out

A) Wii was just as much, if not more successful
B) Hype is a matter of opinion, and I didn't see any hype that indicated it would sell more than anything else, which is my opinion
C) Ya, so did Wii U's. People either didn't go and pay, or bought multiples to sell on eBay. The eBay part happened to the other ones, even still.

EDIT: All these supposed indicators of success were applicable to Nintendo's console as well, so I don't get how it made more of a difference for Xbox One or PS4.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

220. Posted:

Even ignoring the validity of the idea, I'm going with PS4's success and Wii U's issues being traced back to their previous consoles' later support because I will never be more disappointed with Nintendo than the time they let NOTHING come out over here between Mario Sports Mix and Kirby while also having a terrible launch window for their new handheld. I mean they righted a wrong a few months later as you all know, but that killed Nintendo's momentum in a way I have not seen since Microsoft bought Rare. Especially bad since I was hardcore Wii defender before that point.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!