Forums

Topic: The PS4 Has Officially Outsold the Wii U In 2/3 Markets.

Posts 201 to 220 of 337

Jazzer94

Unca_Lz wrote:

I'm also not sure why anyone is expecting congratulations considering everyone knew this would happen anyway.

A lot of people on this site expected the PS4 and Xbox One to sell as bad as Wii U.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

LzWinky

Jazzer94 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I'm also not sure why anyone is expecting congratulations considering everyone knew this would happen anyway.

A lot of people on this site expected the PS4 and Xbox One to sell as bad as Wii U.

Well they're just silly and wrong then

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

supermario182 wrote:

and the xbox one still has not outsold the atario 7800.

i still think that ps4 and xb1 are still riding their hype trains though. they had a big surge in the start from people who wanted them right away, but im not sure if that will hold up in the long run. im sure we'll have a better idea after this years holiday season, but i honestly wouldn't be surprised if nintendo has continued sales while the other two get stale and peter out a lot more.

I agree. If Wii U keeps it's current momentum, and Xbox One/PS4 lose some of their momentum, it might make the Wii U look like it's being supported more, then more people will go buy one.

Maybe the "casual" crowd is taking their time. They are "casual", after all.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

Unca_Lz wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

No one really knew, though. I wouldn't have expected CoD to outsell Killzone, either.

Qwest

Reala

I think if anyone seriously thinks the wii u will out sell the xbone or PS4 they are quite frankly mental, I'd rather a wii u than the other 2 personally but I'm not delusional about how its likely to sell against the other 2.

Edited on by Reala

Reala

Jazzer94

Unca_Lz wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I think it comes from people expecting another video game crash which again is another hard thing to predict.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

SCRAPPER392

Reala wrote:

I think if anyone seriously thinks the wii u will out sell the xbone or PS4 they are quite frankly mental,

That's pretty harsh. People were predicting Xbox and PS would outsell Wii U, before they were even announced. That's just as much, if not more mental.

People were literally riding their hopes on consoles that didn't even exist. Sony's pre market build of the PS4 froze on stage at E3, and people were still worried about disc based DRM.

There were plenty of reason to think PS4 and Xbox One wouldn't do as well as they did, which is easy to accept, seeing as they are doing well(Sony still isn't making money). The same criticism goes both ways. It was just a matter of time to see how things played out. Now that we have seen some success, it's not hard to accept the reality of the situation, which has actually happened.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

No one really knew, though. I wouldn't have expected CoD to outsell Killzone, either.

Really? Killzone is a healthy franhcise but its never done Call of Duty numbers. The only two series that do Call of Duty numbers in the multiplayer FPS market these days are battlefield and Halo.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

SCAR392 wrote:

Reala wrote:

I think if anyone seriously thinks the wii u will out sell the xbone or PS4 they are quite frankly mental,

That's pretty harsh. People were predicting Xbox and PS would outsell Wii U, before they were even announced. That's just as much, if not more mental.

People were literally riding their hopes on consoles that didn't even exist. Sony's pre market build of the PS4 froze on stage at E3, and people were still worried about disc based DRM.

There were plenty of reason to think PS4 and Xbox One wouldn't do as well as they did, which is easy to accept, seeing as they are doing well(Sony still isn't making money). The same criticism goes both ways. It was just a matter of time to see how things played out. Now that we have seen some success, it's not hard to accept the reality of the situation, which has actually happened.

I'm not sure why you think PS4 wouldn't outsell Wii U considering it was hyped like crazy and preorders were selling out everywhere

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jazzer94

Unca_Lz wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Reala wrote:

I'm not sure why you think PS4 wouldn't outsell Wii U considering it was hyped like crazy and preorders were selling out everywhere

People forget that Sony have two home consoles that passed 100 million sales.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

SCRAPPER392

@Jazzer94
The same can be said about Nintendo. GBA, DS, and Wii all sold over 100 million consoles, so what's your point?
http://www.gamnesia.com/articles/nintendos-lifetime-hardware-...

Even the NES sold gangbusters at around 60 million. Not only that, but what you're saying is relevant, happened years ago. You're going to have to go into more detail about why it matters.

@shingi_70
Ya, really. PS4 owners have an exclusive game that is comparable, but still admittedly different, and still decided to buy the multiplat game tat comes out every year.

EDIT: @Unca_LZ
I didn't see anymore hype than what I thought the Wii U had, so I didn't make anything of it.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

Actually, no. People predicted (correctly) that the PS4/Xbox would do better than the Wii-U at launch because...

A) The PS3 and 360 were both massively successful
B) The hype for both systems (especially PS4) was off the charts in terms of media coverage, fan interest and advertising
C) Pre-orders for both systems sold out

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Actually, no. People predicted (correctly) that the PS4/Xbox would do better than the Wii-U at launch because...

A) The PS3 and 360 were both massively successful
B) The hype for both systems (especially PS4) was off the charts in terms of media coverage, fan interest and advertising
C) Pre-orders for both systems sold out

A) Wii was just as much, if not more successful
B) Hype is a matter of opinion, and I didn't see any hype that indicated it would sell more than anything else, which is my opinion
C) Ya, so did Wii U's. People either didn't go and pay, or bought multiples to sell on eBay. The eBay part happened to the other ones, even still.

EDIT: All these supposed indicators of success were applicable to Nintendo's console as well, so I don't get how it made more of a difference for Xbox One or PS4.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

kkslider5552000

Even ignoring the validity of the idea, I'm going with PS4's success and Wii U's issues being traced back to their previous consoles' later support because I will never be more disappointed with Nintendo than the time they let NOTHING come out over here between Mario Sports Mix and Kirby while also having a terrible launch window for their new handheld. I mean they righted a wrong a few months later as you all know, but that killed Nintendo's momentum in a way I have not seen since Microsoft bought Rare. Especially bad since I was hardcore Wii defender before that point.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RancidVomit86

@JohnRedcorn Example a doesn't apply too well since Wii outsold both PS3 and 360.

Edit: adjusted cause read something wrong and phone going stupid lol

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Super_Gravy

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@JohnRedcorn Dude there was a lot of people on these forums saying PS4 and XB1 launches would not be any better than the Wii U. Trust me. Example a doesn't apply too well since Wii outsold both PS3 and 360.

Which forums are you talking about?

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

RancidVomit86

Super_Gravy wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@JohnRedcorn Dude there was a lot of people on these forums saying PS4 and XB1 launches would not be any better than the Wii U. Trust me. Example a doesn't apply too well since Wii outsold both PS3 and 360.

Which forums are you talking about?

I read what I typed wrong. Phone kept jumping all over page as was trying to type.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

MikeLove

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Which consoles had the most momentum going for them at the end of the last generation?
Which consoles didn't leave their owners feeling like they were ripped off as big releases began to slow to a trickle around 2010?

Tip: Not the Wii

Also, I wouldn't judge "success" just based on volume of sales alone. The Wii sold a ton at the start then sales dropped off a cliff, while the other systems started slow then increased in sales. The Wii left a lot of consumers feeling like they had been ripped off because the console was virtually abandoned during the last couple years of its life, while the PS3/360 are still going strong and receiving strong software support.

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

@kkslider5552000
Good point. I agree that Nintendo's later Wii support was lackluster, while PS3 was still getting Killzone, PS Battle Royal, and Nu Ni Kuni. If you consider that Sony was expecting to sell PS3 for another 4 years after Wii U launched, it gives more perspective on it being difficult to release another console to start all over. Seeing as Wii was basically a 6th gen motion machine, it shouldn't surprise anyone that Nintendo had to release a new console sooner than that. Sony probably didn't even need to release the PS4, because PS3 is finally not being sold at a loss and arguably can still supply some good games, but releasing PS4 and even Vita cuts PSP and PS3's actual lifecycles in half, IMO.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94
The same can be said about Nintendo. GBA, DS, and Wii all sold over 100 million consoles, so what's your point?
http://www.gamnesia.com/articles/nintendos-lifetime-hardware-...

Even the NES sold gangbusters at around 60 million. Not only that, but what you're saying is relevant, happened years ago. You're going to have to go into more detail about why it matters.

@shingi_70
Ya, really. PS4 owners have an exclusive game that is comparable, but still admittedly different, and still decided to buy the multiplat game tat comes out every year.

EDIT: @Unca_LZ
I didn't see anymore hype than what I thought the Wii U had, so I didn't make anything of it.

I specifically said home console for a reason and I was pointing out how each Sony home console has been successful because Sony know how to market them appropriately, why do you have to jump down peoples throat.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.