Forums

Topic: Pokken Tournament - OT

Posts 381 to 400 of 488

Rumorlife

I preordered this game today, just in case of emergencies on that Mewtwo Amiibo card lol I also found a Charizard Amiibo, he's in the box for now until we find out more about what they'll do. He's quite fancy. This is the first Pokemon game on a console I've been excited for since GameCube era. All the Wii games were terrible imo.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

DefHalan

I am still hoping that Shadow Mewtwo card will be available outaide of the physical game

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Octane

@DefHalan: I'm not too bothered, Shadow Mewtwo can also be unlocked by beating the game.

Octane

DefHalan

@Octane: I just like the way the card looks, for collecting purposes lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Rumorlife

@DefHalan: I'd be a bit surprised honestly. They seem to be set on it only being in the physical box, and they usually don't rerelease special cards.
I'm curious to see what the card will do and how it will work as well, if it does anything with other games, or if it works as Mewtwo in Smash or Mario Maker somehow, even if chances are so low. Maybe it'll work with something else later that deems it more special. Otherwise no biggie, it's a cool thing to have and I wanted the game anyway.
I have a Resetti AC Amiibo card and he unlocked his sprite in Mario Maker haha But otherwise he's just a collectable for me.

Rumorlife

shingi_70

I have the game and the special controller pre-ordered. I'm going all in on this one.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Aozz101x

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Rumorlife

Less than a week until this game arrives in NA and the board is dead.

Rumorlife

Octane

@Dankykong: There isn't much to talk about. Anyway, I've pre-ordered my copy last week for a good price. I'm looking forward to it, that's for sure.

Octane

FragRed

Meh, I'm not too excited for this game. Dunno why. There's just something about it that hasn't hooked me which is annoying as I like the Tekken games and this is by the same team. I will wait to buy it. Maybe if I find it cheap at a later date.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Rumorlife

Not much to talk about because the game is empty? Because it's all been discussed? Or because we don't know any more details?

Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Meh, well I'm not mad there's no discussion. Lol I'm just like how is there nothing to say? Even though I feel the same. Well, I guess I'll check back when the game is out at the end of the week.

Rumorlife

Undead_terror

Shame that there isn't even a demo on the eshop yet of some sorts (offline or online), interested in the game, but if it does well, I hope that we can expect more stuff, also found out that each character only got one alt each that only works in mirror matches, would be NOICE to have more colors that can be used outside of mirror matches. Hopefully we can expect a review before Friday, if I get it, it will be this Friday, should be able to get a copy hopefully.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Is it Friday yet? I'm back to playing SFV but I am sooooo ready for this game!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

jariw

Reviews for Pokken Tournament are now out. Generally in the 7-9 range number-wise.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

jump

^I was expecting straight 7's with possibly the odd 8 here and there.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Shinion

Apparently Gamespot gave it a 9.

I need to lie down for a sec and contemplate this alternate reality I must've wandered into.

Shinion

Octane

From what I've read so far it really depends on what you're looking for in this game. Some praise its battle mechanics and rated the game very high, others were disappointed about the lack of playable characters. I think that's a complaint that is featured in almost every review. It seems as though the game is doing a lot of good things, but is lacking in some areas. I think that's something we knew all along, but as a result, the reviews are all over the place.

Octane

Shinion

Oh wait Game Informer gave it a 7, never mind. Back to normality.

But seriously yeah this was always going to be a weird one to review. Not necessarily because it's instantly divisive but just because of the concept and its execution. I'm glad there are people who are really enjoying it, hopefully I am likewise soon.

Shinion

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.