Forums

Topic: Pokken Tournament - OT

Posts 241 to 260 of 488

Kaze_Memaryu

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

New promotional video for Pokken Tournament is out!

Pikachu's moveset is practically ripped straight from Kazuya from Tekken! That's awesome!

So now they're copying two terrible fighters... by Arceus, this better stay in arcades.

Edited on by Kaze_Memaryu

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Blast

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Pikachu's moveset is practically ripped straight from Kazuya from Tekken! That's awesome!

So now they're copying two terrible fighters... by Arceus, this better stay in arcades.

Un-huh.... Aren't excited for this game? Throwing shots at Tekken and Pokken Fighters? Trying to push down somebody's actual hype for this game? I got a suggestion... Get out of this thread.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Kaze_Memaryu

Blast wrote:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Un-huh.... Aren't excited for this game? Throwing shots at Tekken and Pokken Fighters? Trying to push down somebody's actual hype for this game? I got a suggestion... Get out of this thread.

Oh, I wasn't aware this was a positive-only thread. Sorry, but that's not how a forum works. Especially not when it's about an announcement discussion. Besides, I'm not pushing down anyone's hype, and if somebody feels like I did, that's entirely their problem.

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

Offspring

Starmantra2000 wrote:

They should just stop jerking the fans around like they have been doing for 15 years and announce a mainline pokemon 3D adventure for the Wii U. No spinoff, No Stadium game, no rumble game or any of that . . . a proper 3D pokemon game.

I've heard all the arguments against it, and the pros all outweigh the cons. Firstly Gamefreak stating that Pokemon works because it's ONLY handheld is nonsense. A console game doesn't affect the portable versions, they'll still exist. Secondly, Pokemon was conceived and created before online gaming was commonplace and before Nintendo had an online console - really, what's more social, playing on a handheld and maybe once a year bumping into someone who plays pokemon . . . or THE INTERNET - where you can play with hundreds and thousands of other players, trade and battle with them or explore a huge landscape in a party - WITH VOICE CHAT,

Nintendo's backwards and antiquated ways are hindering what could be an amazing game, a game everyone wants, a game that could save the Wii U.

And the sad thing is . . . everyone get's it, except Nintendo. . .

Releasing a mainline game on a home console is stupid. It would cost way more to make, it would be lucky to sell half as well, and people in the west would stop buying the handheld versions. Also, it doesn't need to be on a home console to have online features because XY and ORAS already freaking have them (including voice chat). And why would you want to explore in a group? There is literally only one place in the whole franchise that wouldn't be mind-numbingly boring to explore in a group and that would be Sinnoh's underground. It wouldn't "save" the Wii U either; no matter how many great games it adds to its library, the Wii U will be lucky to reach Gamecube numbers.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

faint

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Blast wrote:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Oh, I wasn't aware this was a positive-only thread. Sorry, but that's not how a forum works. Especially not when it's about an announcement discussion. Besides, I'm not pushing down anyone's hype, and if somebody feels like I did, that's entirely their problem.

I think it was your tone as appose to your opinion. Your tone being because you don't like a game you have never played then all the people in the west who want to shouldn't get to play it. "This better stay in the arcades"

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Blast

faint wrote:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Blast wrote:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I think it was your tone as appose to your opinion. Your tone being because you don't like a game you have never played then all the people in the west who want to shouldn't get to play it. "This better stay in the arcades"

@Kaze_Memaryu Oh yeah, huh? Hm... what's a game you're excited for? Splatoon? I'm gonna go the Splatoon forum and spread some negativity!!! Who does that sound like? C'mon, tell me. There's a difference between negativity and having genuine worries and concerns about a game.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

@Kaze_Memaryu .... Hahahaha I hope you know I'm just playing. Just goofing around.

Master of the Hype Train

Kaze_Memaryu

@faint As a fighting game enthusiast, this game makes me cringe (way too much spam, and the trailers already emphasize it). As such, I'm expressing selfish hopes out of sheer disappointment (though I should've known better, it's Namco-We-Don't-Know-Jack-About-Balancing-Bandai), since the way the gameplay is currently presented, it's just a mess. Nice to look at, but still a mess.

@Blast Well, nobody's gonna stop you. If you don't like Splatoon, it's up to you whether you want to express that in its topic or not.

MsJubilee

@Kaze_Memaryu Well i'm just going to tell you right now,if you're looking for competitive gameplay in this game.Then you better look elsewhere,cause i think this is for casuals or for just basic pokemon fans. And i'm not saying it won't be fun either,cause it looks very fun.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Retro_on_theGo

TwilightAngel wrote:

@Kaze_Memaryu Well i'm just going to tell you right now,if you're looking for competitive gameplay in this game.Then you better look elsewhere,cause i think this is for casuals or for just basic pokemon fans. And i'm not saying it won't be fun either,cause it looks very fun.

(In response to developing fighting games for arcades)
Harada:
“Pokémon definitely has a family-oriented image, but in addition to how we decided on developing [Pokkén] as a competitive game with depth, we must also be prepared to face such severe conditions."
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/17/pokkn-tournament-develop...

Bandai Namco has been fine with balancing lately too. Tekken Tag 2 was great and Smash is the most balanced it's been, Diddy's exaggerated HOO-HAH aside (which is probably getting nerfed Wednesday anyways). If anything it'll probably be similar to the main Pokemon games where the main game is dirt easy, but competitive play gets pretty deep. We just got to wait and play. Besides, like you said it will still be a fun game, competitive scene or not.

Haru17

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Sing it!

Anyway, I'm not huge into fighting games, but I'm excited to finally get a decent action-based pokemon game. I wonder if it won't be announced for Wii U release for fall 2015 / spring 2016 at E3.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Kaze_Memaryu

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

(In response to developing fighting games for arcades)
Harada:
“Pokémon definitely has a family-oriented image, but in addition to how we decided on developing [Pokkén] as a competitive game with depth, we must also be prepared to face such severe conditions."
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/17/pokkn-tournament-develop...

Bandai Namco has been fine with balancing lately too. Tekken Tag 2 was great and Smash is the most balanced it's been, Diddy's exaggerated HOO-HAH aside (which is probably getting nerfed Wednesday anyways). If anything it'll probably be similar to the main Pokemon games where the main game is dirt easy, but competitive play gets pretty deep. We just got to wait and play. Besides, like you said it will still be a fun game, competitive scene or not.

I'm sorry, but no. Every single Tekken game has extremely easy infinite loops, and it took me just five minutes of trying to find one in the latest game. Smash also has some balancing issues that are obvious, yet nobody does anything to set it right. And the same goes for every "fighter" they develop: be it Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece, or anything - they always mess up the balancing.
Besides, beginner-friendly fun and competitive balance don't go against each other, yet NamcoBandai seems to push that to mask their laziness. It's simply inexcusable for a fighter to lack balance, regardless of the intended audience, because even kids eventually get frustrated by everyone doing the same cheap-shots over and over again, to the point where many players' favourite Pokés get curb-stomped in the most monotonous and unfair fashion.

Retro_on_theGo

Nico Nico is doing a stream on April 26th to reveal new characters and they've confirmed one will be the winner of a poll they recently hosted on Twitter. I have no idea how to link to individual articles on serebii, I don't think it's possible, but the news is on their site.

Anyone know about the poll? I hadn't heard about it. I dislike it honestly, just because I know Heracross, Hawlucha, or Hitmontop didn't win but Charizard or Sceptile probably did. >.>

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

unrandomsam

If it doesn't say custom Wii U based Arcade Board I am not interested.

How we end up with well balanced fighting games is when they are tested and revised in Arcades beforehand.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

DefHalan

unrandomsam wrote:

If it doesn't say custom Wii U based Arcade Board I am not interested.

Are you talking about the controller? Have you seen Pokken's arcade controller?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Retro_on_theGo

Awesome! Definitely ok with Gengar. Extra cool since he was in that fan made Pokemon fighting game too.

EDIT: AZProjectMelee seems to have started a Pokken Tournament subreddit to encourage discussion on the game. Pretty big to see a smash scene giving this kind of push to Pokken already! Makes me really happy. Link to the subreddit:

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

CaviarMeths

Boy, the people in that stream sure are excited about Gengar. Gen 1 confirmed best Pokemon.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Starmantra2000

looks meh . . . I just want a proper 3D pokemon adventure on Wii U, all these spin-offs and half baked annual releases have dragged on for a decade too long. We need to stop hyping up games nobody wants and vote in numbers by not purchasing them. If a game like Pokken Fighters, which nobody wanted, gets announced and released before a game everyone wants like a real console pokemon game, then we should boycott it.

Pokemon has too many fanboys that buy every iteration, they're ruining the natural progress of the series by purchasing garbage like pokemon rumble, the other sucky spin-offs and all the lazy rehashes.

Edited on by Starmantra2000

Starmantra2000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.