Forums

Topic: Pokken Tournament - OT

Posts 201 to 220 of 488

Dreamsleep

This will actually be my first "Pokemon" game.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Blast

Dreamsleep wrote:

??? Whaaat?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dreamsleep

Blast wrote:

Dreamsleep wrote:

??? Whaaat?

I have never played a game with Pokemon in it, and I don't count Smash.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

PrincessSugoi

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Serebii has confirmed Pokken launches in Japanese arcades this summer! WOOOOO!

New screenshots were also released! A new stage is in the batch and it looks beautiful.
Untitled

Holy moley. Though it's been debated to death why it wouldn't work, this really makes me want a traditional Pokemon game on an HD system.

Edited on by PrincessSugoi

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Dreamsleep

LoveSugoi wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Serebii has confirmed Pokken launches in Japanese arcades this summer! WOOOOO!

New screenshots were also released! A new stage is in the batch and it looks beautiful.
Untitled

Holy moley. Though it's been debated to death why it wouldn't work, this really makes me want a traditional Pokemon game on an HD system.

Yeah, 3DS Smash basically blew away any argument Nintendo had to keep one game on console, or handheld, exclusively. I'd love to see an HD Pokemon, might actually play it.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Retro_on_theGo

^I think the decision comes down to Game Freak though and they are very adamant on not having a main series entry on home consoles. I have to agree with them. Pokemon just lends itself so perfectly to handhelds. Turn on for a few minutes to level up, check up on events designated by time, etc. I probably wouldn't play as often (200+ hours on Pokemon Y) if it were on a console.
Smash is a fighting game, however, which really works on either system and arguably even better on a handheld.

CaviarMeths

I think people who argue that Pokemon should be on consoles don't really understand the social aspect of the game.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

CaviarMeths wrote:

I think people who argue that Pokemon should be on consoles don't really understand the social aspect of the game.

Or how Nintendo makes money for that matter.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dreamsleep

CaviarMeths wrote:

Miiverse, online....what could be more social?

And how they make money...Smash 3DS?

There is no reason why it can't be on home consoles as well, not as an exclusive, but as a dual release.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

LzWinky

Because making a Wii U version may not make that much money?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dreamsleep

They'll never know if they never try. To not even try once, is kinda silly, for all the years it's been around. To not be on a home console with online capabilities allowing you to connect to people around the world, and trade, battle, interact, etc. It's kinda silly. I mean, I get it, handhelds are it's home. But not trying at all is really ridiculous.

Fire Emblem is on consoles, and handhelds. Mario platformers. Now Smash, Metroid, and StarFox are all on both. Kirby. Donkey Kong. They could easily just port the thing, or even wait until the unified OS is in place next gen, but at least just try it.

Blast

Wii U still deserves some sort of good Pokemon game, though. Sooo much potential in a Wii U Pokemon game. Gamefreak is being stubborn. A Wii U Pokemon can work if Gamefreak actually tried.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Dreamsleep wrote:

They'll never know if they never try. To not even try once, is kinda silly, for all the years it's been around. To not be on a home console with online capabilities allowing you to connect to people around the world, and trade, battle, interact, etc. It's kinda silly. I mean, I get it, handhelds are it's home. But not trying at all is really ridiculous.

Fire Emblem is on consoles, and handhelds. Mario platformers. Now Smash, Metroid, and StarFox are all on both. Kirby. Donkey Kong. They could easily just port the thing, or even wait until the unified OS is in place next gen, but at least just try it.

AGREED

Master of the Hype Train

LzWinky

It could go either way.

On one hand, the popularity of Pokemon could help the Wii U
On the other hand, it didn't do much for the Gamecube...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Retro_on_theGo

Dreamsleep wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Being able to take the game and actually interact face to face with other players?
Yeah, you can do that with a game on the Wii U too, but that would involve making big events or tournaments. With handheld entries you can easily take it with you and play with friends anywhere. Local player vs player multiplayer would be more cumbersome too on home consoles. I'd hate to be restricted to online to be able to battle my friends.

Wii U is basically a dying console too with Mario Kart 8 and Smash only being able to do so much for the system. If those don't help literally nothing will. Pokemon is a big name and definitely sells systems but I feel this kind of game would sell the Wii U better than a main series entry. This is the dream game of Pokemon for many fans.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

CaviarMeths

Dreamsleep wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Untitled

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Dreamsleep wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Being able to take the game and actually interact face to face with other players?
Yeah, you can do that with a game on the Wii U too, but that would involve making big events or tournaments. With handheld entries you can easily take it with you and play with friends anywhere. Local player vs player multiplayer would be more cumbersome too on home consoles. I'd hate to be restricted to online to be able to battle my friends.

Wii U is basically a dying console too with Mario Kart 8 and Smash only being able to do so much for the system. If those don't help literally nothing will. Pokemon is a big name and definitely sells systems but I feel this kind of game would sell the Wii U better than a main series entry. This is the dream game of Pokemon for many fans.

I'm a huge Pokemon fan and I have Pokemon friends that want Pokken Fighters and a real Pokemon game for Wii U. I understand keeping it to handhelds but the Wii U deserves as much help it can get.

Master of the Hype Train

IceClimbers

I don't think a main series Pokemon game for Wii U or home consoles in general would do much. Now, if it did, then it would potentially ruin the series' system selling power for Nintendo's handhelds (you know, the thing keeping this company afloat?). It's a reasonable fear too. Look at Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and how many people are refusing to buy until it gets a Wii U release.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

I don't think a main series Pokemon game for Wii U or home consoles in general would do much. Now, if it did, then it would potentially ruin the series' system selling power for Nintendo's handhelds (you know, the thing keeping this company afloat?). It's a reasonable fear too. Look at Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and how many people are refusing to buy until it gets a Wii U release.

There's so many game series that are on handheld and console. What makes Pokemon so special and different from JRPGs and shooters that are also on handheld and console? I understand your point though cuz I'm not touching MH4 unless it's for Wii U.

Master of the Hype Train

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.