Forums

Topic: Pokken Tournament - OT

Posts 161 to 180 of 488

TeeJay

I think it would be a nice surprise if they included RAICHU somehow, even as a costume or something, if they include something like that. Raichu is always hidden behind Pikachu's enormous shadow and I personally find him a lot cuter.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DreamyViridi

@MasterWario - That's fair, but you never know. I certainly wasn't expecting Gardevoir or Suicine, especially the latter, so who knows?
@Squid - I'd welcome Dusknoir and Banette as well. I don't think height would be too troublesome at 9'02" compared to say Garde's 5'+; if it was; I'd say go with Golett instead. That said though, what are the chances that there'll be other pre-evolved playables other than Pikachu?

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MsJubilee

DreamyViridi wrote:

Golurk. I'd love to see that if possible. Also, maybe something, I dunno, cute? It'd be a funny contrast.

Golurk?Man if he's in he's going to the Hugo of this game,freaking unstoppable!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Blast

I also love how the human characters actually look really good. Those designs are perfect.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

So Wailord is this game's Ridley? I mean, 47 feet long isn't that big, right?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MsJubilee

For some reason alot of pokemon resemble alot of the street fighter characters,maybe it's just me?Cause this is how i think of some of these pokemon
Hariyama=E.Honda
Hitmonlee=Dee Jay
Hitmonchan=Dudley or Balrog your choice
Lucario =Ryu
Magikarp=Dan
Golurk=Hugo
Blaziken=Ken
And Machamp well he's Goro nothing can change that!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Retro_on_theGo

So are the life bars based on the Pokemon's actual HP stat? Lucario starts off with more than Pikachu. I can see this being kind of unfair, but also as a balancing tool. Hm, I'm intrigued.

EDIT: OMG Pikachu is so cute in this game!!! He's a Mishima!! That's too adorable.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Dreamsleep

I enjoy fighting games, but never got into Pokemon, so I'm torn. It looks really cool, though. I just might pick this up in 2016.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Blast

This will be a May 2016 game.

Master of the Hype Train

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

Can the Wiiu last that long?

Blast

midnafanboy wrote:

Blast wrote:

Can the Wiiu last that long?

Uhhh... Yeah.

Master of the Hype Train

Retro_on_theGo

I bet ironically enough we'll see the most expected Pokemon last just so because "Hey guys, don't worry we got diversity!" lol
Seeing how diverse the roster is going to be after today I hope Bellossom can make it in! She's one of my favorite grass types, but she might be too gentle of a Pokemon or something to make it in. I hope the roster is nice and big, at least the size of Smash 4.

Storytime7

The recent gameplay shown off got me interested in this game. I wasn't expecting Suicune to be in the game, but I think it's a good addition to the roster.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Retro_on_theGo

I've been rewatching the gameplay so much! @_@ I'm so damn excited for this game!! I was expecting a 3D fighter like Tekken but this has blown me away. It's more like the DBZ/Naruto games, but from the footage it looks to retain some of the technicalness of Tekken. From what I've played of the Naruto games and DBZ games, they're not really optimal for comboing and mostly button mash, but just going of the gameplay we have now I can see technical play being rewarded in the future and still being accessible to button mashers.

This is so amazing! I was very interested in how Harasa was going to accomplish it when he said he wanted to appeal to fighting gamers with depth to the mechanics but still be accessible to the younger Pokemon fans and others not well versed in fighting games. He pulled it off. I'm beyond impressed. Rather than the DBZ/Naruto comparison I made it earlier, this game is probably going to be more comparable to Power Stone.

kereke12

After seeing that Gamexplain video I don't know the game doesn't look interesting anymore....But who knows I can't judge on something I haven't tried.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

shingi_70

I have admit once the actual gameplay was shown my interest went down a tad bit. I have a pretty strong dislike for the modern Naruto/DBZ fighters due to the lack of technical skill needed. Even smash brother has some degree of mechanics that can be used or abused. So seeing a weird mash of the two make me go ugh even if does make sense for Pokemon as a property. I'll admit this comes form the fact that when playing with friends I pretty much sweep fights in most technical fighters, while I lose a lot in DBZ games.

The game looks good overall, I just can't get with that perspective shift right now. It looks incredibly jarring.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

KO-Cub

shingi_70 wrote:

Frankley the game looks nothing like Tekken at all.

Nor Pokemon. All I see now is DBZ X Naruto (Naruto Ball Z: Budokai Storm...). And those games aren't competitive (Even though they had a Guard button, it didn't block everything). With that, I doubt it would do well on arcades. Especially the fact that they ditched the arcade joystick and button interface for a 6 button d-pad controller. And you can't grab or Guard Break.... Apart from movement, those are big in FG's. Especially now that High/Low system is taken out, to prevent frustration of learning every characters moveset. I know. But how do you expect to open someone up out of block. Which then you slip up, they get out of block, combo/special move you, then go to blocking again for time up. All well. I just can't believe Pikachu just got bigger. I think they should change the name too. Pokemon Resonance Burst, Resonance Fighters even?

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Grumblevolcano

@MetalK9 Pokken Tournament will be like Sonic Boom in terms of character models

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KO-Cub

Since it's not Tekken anymore. Cause the one thing I was looking forward too was Hitmontop's capoeira/Christina play alike with technical High/Low fighting style, but now a bust. I guess Hitmontop won't be happening. More of the reason to vote for Arcanine, Sylveon or Miltank w/Rollout.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.