Forums

Topic: The next Mario 3D platformer...

Posts 21 to 40 of 170

fortius54

I agree with SuperMinusWorld. They are most likely going to do something different. Considering the answer Myiamoto gave for F-Zero, they will not do something 3d wise with Mario that has been done. I loved Galaxy, and I would take as many of those as I can get, but I'm not worried about what they do. I am sure it will be fabulous.

fortius54

Nintendo Network ID: mitchell_rsvl

CanisWolfred

Towels wrote:

I'm against the hub world. I much prefer the map screen. I don't get lost trying to find unfinished levels.

You could go to those from the Menu in Sunshine IIRC. If not, there's nothing stopping them from doing that. What I don't like is tediously walking in straight lines in order to go back to levels.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

John_1029 wrote:

I really hope the Code-Name NX is not a sandwich oven.

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Neoproteus

CanisWolfred wrote:

Towels wrote:

I'm against the hub world. I much prefer the map screen. I don't get lost trying to find unfinished levels.

You could go to those from the Menu in Sunshine IIRC. If not, there's nothing stopping them from doing that. What I don't like is tediously walking in straight lines in order to go back to levels.

I think either way we're going to get a more detailed look at the mushroom kingdom, so it doesn't matter to me whether they use a world map or a hub.

Neoproteus

Final-Starman

I want Super Mario 64 2 for the Wii U.

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recently played: Sonic The Hedgehog (IOS)

Final-Starman

CM30 wrote:

^They were actually making a Super Mario 64 2 at one point:

http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_64_2

It's unlikely to return from cancellation, but you have to admit it'd be nice to have available one day.

True, with the Wii U you can make Super Mario 64 2 a reality. Make it happen, Nintendo!

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recently played: Sonic The Hedgehog (IOS)

CM30

Super Mario 3D Land with Miis?

Actually dear God no, that'd be the worst idea ever. I already dislike the idea of Miis in New Super Mario Bros U.

What I want to know though is what the next 3D Mario game will use the Wii U Game Pad for. A map seems a bit boring...

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

Twitter:

Emaan

CM30 wrote:

What I want to know though is what the next 3D Mario game will use the Wii U Game Pad for.

What comes to my mind is the gyro mechanic used in Super Mario 3D Land when you look through the telescope or shoot out of a cannon. Perhaps that could be fleshed out to a more universal concept for a whole game?

There's a bunch of other ideas I'm sure we couldn't even come up with that Nintendo is probably working on. Were we able to guess about all the new concepts introduced with the Galaxy games? There's tons of possibilities really.

yoshi's disco
pink ness -quik backloggery
✰ not around as much as I used to be :o ) ✰

Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

GamecubeMan

PoshSnivy wrote:

Well It's gonna have to be frickin' AMAZING if it wants to top the Galaxy games.

Knowing Nintendo, though, It probably will!

Super Mario Sunshine 2 :3

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah, it is happening now. GC 4.0 will be released in 2020.
My Bio by True_Hero
My Soundcloud

Twitter:

Neoproteus

Emaan wrote:

CM30 wrote:

What I want to know though is what the next 3D Mario game will use the Wii U Game Pad for.

What comes to my mind is the gyro mechanic used in Super Mario 3D Land when you look through the telescope or shoot out of a cannon. Perhaps that could be fleshed out to a more universal concept for a whole game?

There's a bunch of other ideas I'm sure we couldn't even come up with that Nintendo is probably working on. Were we able to guess about all the new concepts introduced with the Galaxy games? There's tons of possibilities really.

I'm thinking it'll have a coin and lives counter, as well as a giant picture of your reserve powerup...

Neoproteus

SammyOfMobius

Super Mario Sunshine 2: Mario, FLUDD, Peach, Luigi, and the Toads are on vacation again, except this time, on a trip to a new vacation destination known as Big Bubble Island. Then a mysterious explosive missile hits the plane and crashes, with Mario finding himself lost at sea. He's rescued by a few descendants known as Bubblinies, who all seem to have amnesia. The hub world is at an island known as Kasai Burst Hamlets where Luigi was brought to as well. Mario with FLUDD and Luigi with the Poltergust 5000 set out on a new adventure working together to solve puzzles using team work and exploring the sea. Fighting sea dragons, going through dangerous surfing crash courses, and ridding of ghost infested islands, and and even spraying through islands made entirely of crayon, Mario and Luigi will go through an exciting, gorgeous, and creative 2-player cooperative adventure eventually making their way to Big Bubble Island, which is now taken over by Bowser, with Peach being held hostage, still threatening to pop Big Bubble, but with the power of the Power Spheres, Mario can save the day, and the trip!

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

New_3DaSh_XL

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Super Mario Sunshine 2: Mario, FLUDD, Peach, Luigi, and the Toads are on vacation again, except this time, on a trip to a new vacation destination known as Big Bubble Island. Then a mysterious explosive missile hits the plane and crashes, with Mario finding himself lost at sea. He's rescued by a few descendants known as Bubblinies, who all seem to have amnesia. The hub world is at an island known as Kasai Burst Hamlets where Luigi was brought to as well. Mario with FLUDD and Luigi with the Poltergust 5000 set out on a new adventure working together to solve puzzles using team work and exploring the sea. Fighting sea dragons, going through dangerous surfing crash courses, and ridding of ghost infested islands, and and even spraying through islands made entirely of crayon, Mario and Luigi will go through an exciting, gorgeous, and creative 2-player cooperative adventure eventually making their way to Big Bubble Island, which is now taken over by Bowser, with Peach being held hostage, still threatening to pop Big Bubble, but with the power of the Power Spheres, Mario can save the day, and the trip!

You overthought this.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

renaryuugufan92

whatever they choose to do i just hope that the next 3d mario game returns to the "open world free to do whatever you want" feel Super Mario 64 had~

I loved, LOVED Sunshine, the two Galaxy games, and 3D land don't get me wrong, but for the next 3D installment Nintendo should re-explore the free to do whatever you want at your own pace open world feel that they had going with 64~

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: Nick kun13 | Steam: Nick_kun13
Console history 1998 - today: N64 & PS1, GCN & PS2, Wii & 360, Wii U & XBONE
Handheld history 1999 - today: GBC, GBA SP, og DS, og 3DS & XL,

Nintendo Network ID: Nick-kun13

V8_Ninja

Before Reading The OP: ...Will probably be made by the Galaxy team and thus be awesome.

After Reading The OP: ...Will probably be made by the Galaxy team and thus be awesome.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Chrono_Cross

The next 3D Mario platformer shouldn't be released for another three years.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

kkslider5552000

CactusJackson wrote:

The next 3D Mario platformer shouldn't be released for another three years.

I agree unless it's doing something notably awesome. Like really awesome.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Emaan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CactusJackson wrote:

The next 3D Mario platformer shouldn't be released for another three years.

I agree unless it's doing something notably awesome. Like really awesome.

In order for it to be awesome, they need to take their time.

yoshi's disco
pink ness -quik backloggery
✰ not around as much as I used to be :o ) ✰

Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

kkslider5552000

Emaan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CactusJackson wrote:

The next 3D Mario platformer shouldn't be released for another three years.

I agree unless it's doing something notably awesome. Like really awesome.

In order for it to be awesome, they need to take their time.

well yeah, but the 3D Mario team has had a year so far, and some of my favorite games ever have only needed 2 years or so.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

CanisWolfred

Times have have changed. I think it's safe to say it'll take at least two or 3 years before it's released, unless it's just a Mario Galaxy 3 or something.

Anyways, whatever it ends up being, I just hope the levels are more explorable than what Galaxy had. Heck, I still hope Mario will take a page or two from Jak and Daxter's book and make the world interconnected.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

John_1029 wrote:

I really hope the Code-Name NX is not a sandwich oven.

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic