Forums

Topic: The next Mario 3D platformer...

Posts 161 to 165 of 165

Chrono_Cross

Those side games such as Spirit Tracks and 3D Land take time away from bigger titles on consoles. Nintendo cannot afford to throw out a rushed Mario title that's been worked upon on the side for the last two years, to be released this November on a console it has to deliver on. Even with one thousand developers (Approximately the size of the team that worked on Assassin's Creed 3 and look how different that one is), Nintendo would still have to take its time crafting a masterpiece per se. Though, with such a short deadline, I don't think it's possible even with a thousand people to do so.

And who's saying you or I are wrong? Is this what this is about? There's more to life than being right (as much as I'd love to be wrong about this entire debate, I won't be surprised when Nintendo does release a rushed HD Mario yet again).

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

DaveGX

Zelda again....heh. No offense, but it's kinda hard toc all any Zelda game a "side" game, really; Sure a few of em 90s-ish had link in another land with a different villian or whatever.... Did you know the creator describes it as having 3 timelines? Should check out the retrospect on GameTrrailers.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

DudeSean

Actually, I think a new Mario game for holiday 2013 sounds like it would be a good idea for Nintendo. If the next xbox comes out, which it might considering the price of a 360 these days, it will be a reminder to people as to why they should get a Wii U over an xbox, that is, if Mario means anything to them.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

skywake

CactusJackson wrote:

Those side games such as Spirit Tracks and 3D Land take time away from bigger titles on consoles. Nintendo cannot afford to throw out a rushed Mario title that's been worked upon on the side for the last two years, to be released this November on a console it has to deliver on.

I didn't say those portable games are trivial in terms of effort I simply said the development cycles of these games overlap. Plus I'm not sure how deep your knowledge of software engineering is but the idea that you can just add people to a project and reduce the.... "Nine women can't make a baby in one month". So naturally they have multiple small teams working on two projects each simultaneously. Each team seems to churn out a game once every year or so despite the games taking two to four years to complete.

Now I didn't say they "had to" or even that they "should" have a Mario game ready for Nov 2013 I just said that they could. If they did they would have probably spent the same amount of time on it as they did with Skyward Sword. So it wouldn't be "rushed" anymore than any of their other titles are... all of which are at a really high quality. And yes, they shouldn't release the game before it's ready I'm not disputing that... I'm just saying that's the sort of timeline they've run to in the past.

Anywho, seven teams in Nintendo EAD all of them constantly working on at least one title. Five of them we have no idea what they're doing. Mario Kart/Nintendogs, Casual game, Zelda, 3D Mario and Misc. Pretty safe to assume we'll see or at least hear whispers about one from the majority of these groups at E3 this year.

CactusJackson wrote:

And who's saying you or I are wrong? Is this what this is about? There's more to life than being right (as much as I'd love to be wrong about this entire debate, I won't be surprised when Nintendo does release a rushed HD Mario yet again).

So I shouldn't disagree with anyone in fear of being perceived as a person who thinks there's nothing more to life than being right? ......

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Chrono_Cross

I never said adding people to the development team is going to help anything, I clearly said even with a thousand developers, Nintendo could not produce a quality 3D Mario in that short of time. Stop throwing words in my mouth and learn to read.

Now I didn't say they "had to" or even that they "should" have a Mario game ready for Nov 2013 I just said that they could. If they did they would have probably spent the same amount of time on it as they did with Skyward Sword. So it wouldn't be "rushed" anymore than any of their other titles are... all of which are at a really high quality. And yes, they shouldn't release the game before it's ready I'm not disputing that... I'm just saying that's the sort of timeline they've run to in the past.

At least you're seeing the big picture now.

As for the last part of your wall of text, no, but bringing up "I'm right, you're wrong" at the last sentence of your post is very immature and childish.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.