Forums

Topic: The next Mario 3D platformer...

Posts 121 to 140 of 165

GamecubeMan

DudeSean wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

@GamecubeMan "foolish"? You're funny.

Im sorry it makes you sad that Mario games cant follow a story. Its not like all the characters are well established, Toad has become a species, dont even get me started on the Kooplings.

Wow. What is wrong with you?

Thats funny considering you dont even actually know me. I think you just cant handle being wrong. Tell me, whenever you see the standard red toad as a selectable character(The same color as Santa's Suit) does it say A Toad or Toad?

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

skywake

Well this "debate" is getting old but......

CactusJackson wrote:

And the reason for that is because Nintendo fanboys throw the worn out complaint of "Call of Duty comes out every year! It gets old, man." Yet those same people buy every Mario game that comes every year whether it be New Super Mario Bros. or Mario Kart. Also, war games do not equal Call of Duty. Call of Duty is a single war game franchise and takes no responsibility for its genre's over saturation.

The thing is the end user doesn't care who was responsible for the abundance of one group of games or another. When Guitar Hero got old Rock Band fell out of favour at the same time it didn't matter that neither was directly responsible. Same is true of CoD and all of those other very similar games which people tend to name by the most prominent series.

The same isn't true of games with Mario in them. Nintendo could release too many New SMB games (which they probably have this year) and it would do nothing to dampen people's enthusiasm for other "Mario" titles. What gamers want is new experiences rather than new coats of paint (and the latest New SMB games as fun as they were had neither). If Nintendo came up with a brand new style of game never thought of before and put Mario in it I wouldn't be saying "not more Mario". If you would I'm not sure what you're playing games for......

As for "Mario" being milked. We haven't had a 3D Mario since Galaxy 2 or a "new" one since the first Galaxy. I think it's about time we had another one given how much more they could do with the improvements the Wii U has. That would almost surely be interesting and different which is what I want out of gaming.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DudeSean

GamecubeMan wrote:

Thats funny considering you dont even actually know me. I think you just cant handle being wrong. Tell me, whenever you see the standard red toad as a selectable character(The same color as Santa's Suit) does it say A Toad or Toad?

Uhm... I don't think you know me, either, man. You just keep assuming stuff and making stuff up trying to argue with me about stuff that I'm not even saying. I don't understand, man. I don't care that Toad is a species. There was more than one of them in the first game of the series... why am I even talking about this?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Pichuka97

can we all please chill everybody needs to listen to some song of healing to cool off.

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3887-5606-5777 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

GamecubeMan

I not the one asking people "what's wrong with them" like this is Dr Phil or something. u.u I was aiming to make it sound like I was trolling but if it sounds like Im actually serious, I'll try to be more cautious about that. @CanisWolfred

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

Chrono_Cross

As for "Mario" being milked. We haven't had a 3D Mario since Galaxy 2 or a "new" one since the first Galaxy. I think it's about time we had another one given how much more they could do with the improvements the Wii U has. That would almost surely be interesting and different which is what I want out of gaming.

I completely disagree. 3D Mario games should be spaced at least four years between one another.

Too much Mario is too much.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

GamecubeMan

DudeSean wrote:

Uhm... I don't think you know me, either, man. You just keep assuming stuff and making stuff up trying to argue with me about stuff that I'm not even saying. I don't understand, man. I don't care that Toad is a species. There was more than one of them in the first game of the series... why am I even talking about this?

Blah, I just gave a point after point about how Mario games have been so over used that even if core Mario games did have a branching storyline, it wouldnt make any sense... and you just responded with an open ended statement.... I never assumed or put any words in your mouth? Im just going to leave it at that, I realize now that this argument became pointless the second you poked fun of me calling you foolish. By the way, someone considering to critize your opinion about core Mario games dont deserve that much fuss just because of this reason, now that wouldnt be foolish.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

e-love

Pichuka97 wrote:

can we all please chill everybody needs to listen to some song of healing to cool off.

I agree. This thread took a very bad turn for the worst I suppose.

I'm finding it really difficult to find any discussion on "the next 3D Mario platformer" amid all these clouded bad vibes. What was the topic, again?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

skywake

@Emaan
Topic changed from "3D Mario would be cool" to "Mario is overused, no more Mario" on the first few pages. Then became a slugging match with CoD apparently being less milked gaming series than Mario and with me saying it was a ridiculous comparison.

I'd personally like to see a new 3D Mario because with the Wii U hardware we could get something new but apparently

CactusJackson wrote:

I completely disagree. 3D Mario games should be spaced at least four years between one another.

we have to wait until at least 2014 because we've had too many Marios for a while.....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JoyBoy

skywake wrote:

@Emaan
Topic changed from "3D Mario would be cool" to "Mario is overused, no more Mario" on the first few pages. Then became a slugging match with CoD apparently being less milked gaming series than Mario and with me saying it was a ridiculous comparison.

I'd personally like to see a new 3D Mario because with the Wii U hardware we could get something new but apparently

CactusJackson wrote:

we have to wait until at least 2014 because we've had too many Marios for a while.....

Well that sucks... Who is this cactus guy saying these weird things :/

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Bass_X0

Machamp_King wrote:

We need a sequel to SM3DL

Yes. But call it Super Mario Land 4.

Not "Super Mario 3D Land 2" or "New Super Mario 3D Land"

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Chrono_Cross

Longforgotten wrote:

skywake wrote:

Well that sucks... Who is this cactus guy saying these weird things :/

We never had this many main series Mario games in the 90s. I remember 1991's Super Mario World, 95's Yoshi's Island and Super Mario 64. Now, I could easily list all of the main series Mario games since 2006 but I hope you get my point.

And I'm just a Cactus acting like a Jackson.

Plus, I was thinking more like 2015 at the least.

Just for you.

DaveGX

Meh....forget Galaxy "3"..... How about maybe Super Mario Universe, or maybe make it Super Mario "Bros" Universe that way it hasa good emphasis on items ranging way back sinceSMB 3 expanded the world, and even SM World a little. Maybe have less gimmicky mushrooms, or new flowers if they throw in a few; The poison mushroom should make a return and the ice flower too but like itis in New SMB. Maybe even the mega mushroom could be in some areas but not make him too big.

Though I'd like to be able to actually fly with the raccoon suit like you're supposed to in SMB3 or the cape even with exact float and crash land/ground shake ability.. Boomerang suit was pretty cool keep that 1, but bring back the Hammer Bros suit and maybe instad of just chucking em the suit can have more multi1 attack like a simple swing attack (an example would be like Links swings his sword or that full 360 degree 1 he does via charged attack) and also a press n hold charged swing, a downward hammer attack like a mallet. Another idea I had was with Lakitu, where say he's not toohigh up and if you successfully hit him, his cloud stay afloat for a short period of time allowing you to hop up into it where/however possible and you can ride his cloud chuchking his Spiny eggs at other enemies.

Lastly, I know I've sexplained this 1 somewhere earlier, the reason for Mario "Bros", to have dual play between Mario and Luigi and maybe have combo attacks, and when 2 players aren't there you change who you need to control. Also definitely bring the Koopalings back into focus as wellas earleir, more bowser boss-like including castles/planets/galaxies or whatever.

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

Chrono_Cross

Changing the name from Galaxy to Universe isn't going to save it.

Just for you.

New_3DaSh_XL

DaveGX wrote:

Meh....forget Galaxy "3"..... How about maybe Super Mario Universe, or maybe make it Super Mario "Bros" Universe that way it hasa good emphasis on items ranging way back sinceSMB 3 expanded the world, and even SM World a little. Maybe have less gimmicky mushrooms, or new flowers if they throw in a few; The poison mushroom should make a return and the ice flower too but like itis in New SMB. Maybe even the mega mushroom could be in some areas but not make him too big.

Though I'd like to be able to actually fly with the raccoon suit like you're supposed to in SMB3 or the cape even with exact float and crash land/ground shake ability.. Boomerang suit was pretty cool keep that 1, but bring back the Hammer Bros suit and maybe instad of just chucking em the suit can have more multi1 attack like a simple swing attack (an example would be like Links swings his sword or that full 360 degree 1 he does via charged attack) and also a press n hold charged swing, a downward hammer attack like a mallet. Another idea I had was with Lakitu, where say he's not toohigh up and if you successfully hit him, his cloud stay afloat for a short period of time allowing you to hop up into it where/however possible and you can ride his cloud chuchking his Spiny eggs at other enemies.

Lastly, I know I've sexplained this 1 somewhere earlier, the reason for Mario "Bros", to have dual play between Mario and Luigi and maybe have combo attacks, and when 2 players aren't there you change who you need to control. Also definitely bring the Koopalings back into focus as wellas earleir, more bowser boss-like including castles/planets/galaxies or whatever.

Y'know, with a few minor adjustments, you just successfully described NSMBU!

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.