Forums

Topic: The most important Nintendo article you will read

Posts 101 to 120 of 140

SCRAPPER392

@kkslider5552000
I agree. It's a mixture of everyone's fault, even the consumer.

EDIT: Nintendo can't help whether people think Wii U is a Wii(at least initially), or that people think that Wii U is already 7 or so years old. They specifically said it would support graphic intensive games in HD, and that the touch screen would be heavily emphasised. They do need to work on that, but people have given up or drawn conclusions way to quickly. We don't have specifics about what Nintendo's plans are, so we can't really point the finger at them for some things, but people continue to do so. I apologize for such a large edit.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DudeSean

SCAR392 wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

CoD is basically dead at this point, because alot of us were expecting the same experience as other consoles.

Uhm... what? CoD may be dead to you, but it's not dead for a lot of other people. And if you were expecting the same CoD experience on a Nintendo platform as on other platforms, then yeah, you're obviously new to CoD on Nintendo.

There's a difference between Wii and Wii U, though. I can understand how Activision treated Wii, but they dropped the ball on Wii U. I think it has alot to do with how they release annual entires, too.

If a new entry didn't come out every year, it be way easier to get DLC and not worry about quick cash.

Uhm... CoD's not getting DLC has nothing to do with the fact that there's a CoD every year. They've never given an official reason, but the most probable reason is due to the low number of players online. It's already hard enough to find players in certain game modes. If you were to divide up that small community then that would just make it even harder to find other players to play with online.

My main gripe with Activision on Wii U is that they don't do digital downloads. They even removed Pitfall: Mayan Adventure from the Wii Shop Channel. What do they have against digital sales?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

SCRAPPER392

@DudeSean
The annual releases of these games make it harder to support one title. That's what I was getting at. It's mainly speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

It doesn't mattr whether the software sales were low. They said there would be DLC, and there wasn't.

I agree with the digital thing, though. They probably would have made more money, even with as little as they sold, if they would have had a digital version available.

Qwest

DudeSean

SCAR392 wrote:

They said there would be DLC, and there wasn't.

They didn't, though.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

SCRAPPER392

DudeSean wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

They said there would be DLC, and there wasn't.

They didn't, though.

They did with the pre-order bonuses. Apparently, I should have taken that as a sign that Wii U won't get CoD DLC at all, because then I wouldn't have bought the game.

Qwest

DudeSean

On the exact same page is said the DLC "may not be available for all systems." So at best, they implied that the Wii U may get it, but the message was there that it might not. My guess is it depended on how many pre-orders the game got as to whether or not the Wii U would get the DLC. Bottom line: They never promised or said for a fact that Wii U would be getting DLC.

DudeSean

DefHalan

I don't think anyone has said buy games you are not interested in. All I am saying is if you want more 3rd Party then show that you want 3rd Party. How does 3rd Party know you want them? Money. 3rd Party games may be built better on other systems but not buying it on a Nintendo platforms shows 3rd Party they can't sell the game on Nintendo Platforms. If you already support 3rd Party games on Nintendo systems, even if it is a small amount, then you are not part of the problem. If you buy 3rd Party games on other systems then complain 3rd Parties don't make games on Nintendo Systems then look at which system 3rd parties made more money on...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

@DudeSean
They still never confirmed, either way. That's what the problem was. If they would have said that Wii U wouldn't get DLC, I wouldn't have bought CoD. No one would have.

Qwest

DudeSean

SCAR392 wrote:

@DudeSean
They still never confirmed, either way. That's what the problem was. If they would have said that Wii U wouldn't get DLC, I wouldn't have bought CoD. No one would have.

I bought CoD:G with no expectations at all of there being any DLC. I've been playing CoD on Nintendo systems for a long time now. I've learned my lesson when it comes to getting hopes up for DLC.

DudeSean

SCRAPPER392

@DudeSean
That's why it's important to realize that Wii and Wii U are different consoles. DLC is a pretty questionable proposition anyway. Pepple exoect DLC for CoD, regardless of whether it's Nintendo or not. Activision fell short, so I wouldn't be surprised if no one bought their games on Nintendo, at all.

Even with EA being the worst company in America in whichever year, at least they had the initiative to tell their customers that Mass Effect 3 wouldn't have it's multiplayer DLC. That's beside the trilogy debate.

EDIT: Also, EA put out a broken Battlefeild 4. To stay on topic, these companies simply aren't getting their job done.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Lionsgate wrote:

Gamers cannot be blamed for Nintendos poor decisions.

It's partly 3rd party fault, too.

From my perspective, Nintendo has exposed 3rd parties being s***y.

EDIT: Nintendo needs to improve, too, but 3rd parties have been being unacceptable.

I think all 3 are to blame. Nintendo's unquestionably at the least has done the least to convince 3rd parties on average(YMMV on how large or small a difference it is), 3rd parties fail to get how Nintendo works or how to advertise interesting games, and consumers are stupid, safe, sheep.

I'd say with the expect of Nintendo crapping the bed with third parties the other two really don't have much merit.

Two third parties still put out interesting game but most if them have transitioned to digital downloads. Take ubisoft despite having a game like AC comemout very year we still get interesting stuff like Child of Light, Trails, and Valient Hearts. The days of more interesting games coming out on retail are over for the most part.

You say consumers are sheep, when that just sounds Like your salty as hell. The DS being the best selling platform of all time didn't make niche stuff like Radient Historia sell well, instead we got new super Mario bros and Nintendigs. The same principle works with the Wii U and modern Nintendo. For the sake of argument if the Wii U were a big seller COD and AC would still be big and Nintendo would still pump out the most popular stuff.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

You say consumers are sheep, when that just sounds Like your salty as hell. The DS being the best selling platform of all time didn't make niche stuff like Radient Historia sell well, instead we got new super Mario bros and Nintendigs. The same principle works with the Wii U and modern Nintendo. For the sake of argument if the Wii U were a big seller COD and AC would still be big and Nintendo would still pump out the most popular stuff.

I'm not saying this is new for Wii U, but in the past few years on Nintendo, it really feels like it's gotten ridiculous how unlikely interesting games sell. It's like if a Puppeteer happened every other month or something.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DudeSean

SCAR392 wrote:

DLC is a pretty questionable proposition anyway. Pepple exoect DLC for CoD, regardless of whether it's Nintendo or not.

Well, that's just plain wrong. Have you ever been to Call of Duty's official forums? Only people new to CoD on Nintendo expect DLC. Those of us that have been buying CoD games on Nintendo systems for years know better than to expect DLC.

DudeSean

SCRAPPER392

DudeSean wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

DLC is a pretty questionable proposition anyway. Pepple exoect DLC for CoD, regardless of whether it's Nintendo or not.

Well, that's just plain wrong. Have you ever been to Call of Duty's official forums? Only people new to CoD on Nintendo expect DLC. Those of us that have been buying CoD games on Nintendo systems for years know better than to expect DLC.

This isn't the Wii. Like I said, no one would have even bought these games if they knew DLC wasn't going to be there.

That's why annual releases are part of the problem. If they didn't release a new entry, every year, there would be more copies of one game to get DLC for.

It doesn't matter whether your expectations were based on Wii, because the Wii U has improved the main reason why games didn't get DLC on Wii, which is their online shop.

EDIT: Also, I just checked the eShop. CoD Ghosts isn't in the retail section, and CoD Black Ops II doesn't even have the camo pack, anymore. They're literally in false advertising territory, now. Go look at the eShop. CoD Ghosts isn't even there.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

DudeSean

SCAR392 wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

This isn't the Wii. Like I said, no one would have even bought these games if they knew DLC wasn't going to be there.

That's why annual releases are part of the problem. If they didn't release a new entry, every year, there would be more copies of one game to get DLC for.

It doesn't matter whether your expectations were based on Wii, because the Wii U has improved the main reason why games didn't get DLC on Wii, which is their online shop.

EDIT: Also, I just checked the eShop. CoD Ghosts isn't in the retail section, and CoD Black Ops II doesn't even have the camo pack, anymore. They're literally in false advertising territory, now. Go look at the eShop. CoD Ghosts isn't even there.

Even though it's the Wii U now and not the Wii, that doesn't mean everyone was all like, "Oh, well, we're automatically going to get DLC now." Only the naive people.

I fail to see how being annual is the problem. They don't release DLC for games that are over a year old. DLC comes out shortly after the game's release. So the sales have to be there at the start, not years down the road.

I don't recall there ever being a camo pack for Black Ops 2. I don't know what you're talking about for false advertising, either. They never promised DLC. They may have hinted at it or implied it, but never outright said, "Ghost on Wii U is getting DLC." Never happened. Therefore, no false advertising. And, yeah, Activision games are not on the eShop. Black Ops 2 is listed, probably just because it was one of the few games available at launch, but I know Ghost was never on there. What's your point?

DudeSean

SCRAPPER392

@DudeSean
Go look at the back of your CoD Black Ops II game case. It says in clear print, "Add on content".

That means DLC. Now Ghosts is out, and they won't sell DLC for last year's entry. THAT's why releasing games so fast is a problem.

It says on the box that there is DLC. I don't see how much more clear they could have made it.

It's not being naive. It says it on the damn box.

As for the camo DLC. They had a camo pack up for sale for apparently a limited time. They were also supposed to give CoD Ghosts pre-orders a camo pack for the last game, but that didn't happen either.

Qwest

DudeSean

SCAR392 wrote:

@DudeSean
Go look at the back of your CoD Black Ops II game case. It says in clear print, "Add on content".

That means DLC. Now Ghosts is out, and they won't sell DLC for last year's entry. THAT's why releasing games so fast is a problem.

It says on the box that there is DLC. I don't see how much more clear they could have made it.

It's not being naive. It says it on the damn box.

As for the camo DLC. They had a camo pack up for sale for apparently a limited time. They were also supposed to give CoD Ghosts pre-orders a camo pack for the last game, but that didn't happen either.

Yeah, it does say "Add on content." So does Black Ops 2. But you know what? That means that the game SUPPORTS it, not that it's mandatory.

Edit Just to further my point here: There's a picture of a Classic Controller Pro on the back, too. Does that mean that it's mandatory that you use the CCPro? No. It means that the game supports it.

And apparently it is being naive, because there is no DLC, and those of us with more experience, or wisdom, know better than to get our hopes up for DLC. So, "naive" is the perfect word.

I'll just take your word on the camo packs. Even though I'm a CoD fan and I've been following the CoD news (on the Nintendo side) I know absolutely nothing about any camo packs. Not saying it doesn't exist, or didn't exist, or calling you a liar on this. I just don't know anything about it.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Mickey

DudeSean wrote:

Edit Just to further my point here: There's a picture of a Classic Controller Pro on the back, too. Does that mean that it's mandatory that you use the CCPro? No. It means that the game supports it.

Actually, if that analogy worked, it'd mean the Classic Controller Pro would work if the developers added it into the game. :/

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

SCRAPPER392

@DudeSean
If their game doesn't have DLC, then it's not supporting it.

Qwest

DudeSean

Mickey wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

Actually, if that analogy worked, it'd mean the Classic Controller Pro would work if the developers added it into the game. :/

I disagree with you.

The game does not come with a CCPro. The back of the box says the game supports CCPro. If you obtain a CCPro and plug it in to the Wii remote, the game supports it.

The game does not come with DLC. The back of the box says the game supports DLC. If the developers released DLC and you installed it onto the Wii U, the game supports it.

DudeSean

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.