Wii U Forum

Topic: The Lego Movie Video Game

Showing 1 to 20 of 25

AuthorMessage
Avatar

10000mario

1. Posted:

Hello, I enjoyed Lego City Undercover and Lego Marvel Superheroes.
If anyone has bought and played this, can you tell me if it's any good?
Also is there an open world to explore? Thank you.

10000mario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

2. Posted:

Downloading it now. I believe it's primarily level based... but no idea beyond that!

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

steamhare

3. Posted:

The game was just released. You'll have to be patient and give people time to buy and play it.

steamhare

AuthorMessage
Avatar

10000mario

4. Posted:

Thank y'all, I really like to research my games out before I buy. :)

10000mario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

10000mario

5. Posted:

Bought it, and it's a great game so far.

10000mario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

6. Posted:

Is it true that it has an open world like LEGO City and LEGO Marvel?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

7. Posted:

No open world... there are a few small level hubs, but not any big city like Marvel, Batman, or Undercover.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

10000mario

8. Posted:

Yeah, not one huge open world areas, just a few little ones, yet, I'm glad there is a western hub world!

10000mario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

9. Posted:

Does it differ from the formula of nearly every other Lego game in the universe?

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

10. Posted:

Nooooooope.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

11. Posted:

That sucks. I saw the movie yesterday and thought a game following it without the usual "every character is the same except for specific tasks to unlock doors or whatever" and collecting studs would be a lot of fun given the diverse character roster - is that true at least?

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

macdude22

12. Posted:

Does anyone know if you can play this single player with the Pro Controller? Marvel Super Heroes annoys me to no end with the fact that if I'm playing with my kid one of us can use the Pro controller but if it's just me or him playing I can't use the pro controller standalone. I can't fathom what made them make that design decision. I'd rather throw the bones Nintendo's way but if it's going to not let me use the pro controller standalone I'll just get it on PS3 or Steam.

macdude22

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kodeen

13. Posted:

macdude22 wrote:

Does anyone know if you can play this single player with the Pro Controller? Marvel Super Heroes annoys me to no end with the fact that if I'm playing with my kid one of us can use the Pro controller but if it's just me or him playing I can't use the pro controller standalone. I can't fathom what made them make that design decision. I'd rather throw the bones Nintendo's way but if it's going to not let me use the pro controller standalone I'll just get it on PS3 or Steam.

It's not on the list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games_that_use_the...

Kodeen

AuthorMessage
Avatar

macdude22

14. Posted:

Such sadness. I don't understand the reasoning. I'll probably just get it on PS3.

macdude22

AuthorMessage
Avatar

10000mario

15. Posted:

macdude22 wrote:

Such sadness. I don't understand the reasoning. I'll probably just get it on PS3.

You can, but for some weird reason it disables the stud multipliers.

10000mario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

10000mario

16. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

That sucks. I saw the movie yesterday and thought a game following it without the usual "every character is the same except for specific tasks to unlock doors or whatever" and collecting studs would be a lot of fun given the diverse character roster - is that true at least?

sadly you have not much more variety than other lego games. :(
But! It still is a really fun game. I would rate it better than Marvel Superheroes, but not as good as Lego City Undercover.

10000mario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shaneoh

17. Posted:

10000mario wrote:

But! It still is a really fun game. I would rate it better than Marvel Superheroes, but not as good as Lego City Undercover.

Would be quite an achievement to be better than LC:U, it's a near perfect game. Sounds awesome, can't wait to get it.

Edited on by shaneoh

shaneoh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

10000mario

18. Posted:

shaneoh wrote:

10000mario wrote:

But! It still is a really fun game. I would rate it better than Marvel Superheroes, but not as good as Lego City Undercover.

Would be quite an achievement to be better than LC:U, it's a near perfect game. Sounds awesome, can't wait to get it.

i completed the game last night, and to my surprise there was something pretty neat you unlock after finishing story mode. I would rate it a 8 out of 10.

10000mario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

19. Posted:

I might still give it a go because the trailer for the game looked cool - it can't be worse than Lego Batman 2!

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

VettaLeeLe

20. Posted:

I have the wii u version of the Lego Movie game and am having trouble with it freezing. We are the old west part. We build the train and when we transition into that part the game screen goes black and freezes. Help! What should we do?

VettaLeeLe