Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 9,301 to 9,320 of 15,201

Dezzy

@renaryuugufan92
Lol well I'm choosing to play the Wii U version because I don't think the Switch will be worth owning until Mario and Xenoblade are out.
It'll be cheaper by then probably too.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoyBoy

Dezzy wrote:

It'll be cheaper by then probably too.

That's just wishful thinking.

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm not supposed to be here...

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

FGPackers

I read it and i thought they would spoiler more, but seems there's time to unfortunately...

Starting from now i'll try to not spoil myself more since probably huge ones will come in the next days

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Haru17

The only Nintendo products I am 100% going to buy this year are a Nintendo Switch, Breath of the Wild, a pro controller, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Super Mario Odyssey. Obviously I'm so hyped for Zelda — you've all read, skimmed, or at least seen the walls of text when I gush over the game — but I think there's a lot more to my excitement than just that.

It might not hit as hard if you've already played the Wii U version, but I've also watched let's plays of Mario Kart 8. I know those tracks, but I'm still super excited to play through them at the end of April. Moreover, I can play with my non-gamer dad with two full-sized controllers without him being totally intimidated by the game, and without it being some obscure indie game. He's a racing fan, so he can even use the Wii-style motion control wheel. That's something two years of owning a PS4 hasn't netted me, not to mention that most of the indie games on PS4 are hardcore and inaccessible people without a huge degree of manual dexterity like Towerfall.

And then there's Mario in December. A bit of a gap if I don't buy Splatoon 2, Yooka Laylee, or what have you, but I'll almost certainly be replaying Zelda several times. And there's something I want to say about these few high caliber Nintendo games.

They're better.

I'm sorry if you like your Far Crys, your Last Guardians and your Battlefields, your Souls and even your Witchers, but none of that stuff reaches the heights the best Nintendo games do. We can go on about AAA third parties all day, but most of those games — often western games — just aren't as singular of visions. Or, if they are, aren't as willing to change their basic structure as sequels and genre games that come out of Nintendo's top studios. Even just buying a handful of games in the Wii's early years, I would rate those higher than almost every open world game this gen. I truly think that a few excellent games are worth a thousand diminishing returns $60 titles. Anyway, I hope I've conveyed my point well enough for you to pick up what I'm putting down. I like Deus Ex and Nioh too, but it's just not... they're not... Not the same.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

FGPackers

@Haru17 That's why i prefer Nintendo and more generally SH. I don't want a realistic graphic. I want a great experience, and we can get it not only through graphics. We can get it through music, art style, story, catchphrases, feels. The things that Zelda (and games like Xenoblade to make another easy example) makes me feel, i will never feel them with an Elder Scrolls or a The Witcher

FGPackers

jump

People are preaching gameplay over graphics and Nintendo over AAA in a thread where Nintendo have been reaping AAA's ideas for their new game..

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

GoronBrudda

G0dlike wrote:

If it comes a day early, I'll be playing it in 22 days!! 22 DAYS!
Knowing my luck the game will come early but the Switch wont arrive until the 3rd

@G0dlike
Yeah, also, even if both the game and the console get released and dispatched on the same day, we've still got things like delivery times to consider. (So either way, it's not actually going to be on day one that any of us who pre-ordered it will actually have it in our hands, except for anyone who ordered it from a store they can physically collect it from). So for all of us who ordered that involves a delivery method, it's highly probable that one will come before the other. (so we'll either have a console without a game for a few days, or a game without a console, if you know what I mean). I've ordered both the WiiU version of this game aswell as the switch version, so if my WiU version comes first, at least I can get stuck into playing the game while I'm waiting for the rest!

GoronBrudda

FGPackers

Octane wrote:

@FGPackers Have you played those games though?

Yeah. Played Oblivion and Skyrim (not so much, but i'll buy it for Switch) from myself, and The Witcher 3 at a friend's house. And i have to say that between this three, Witcher is the worst to me gameplay-wise

FGPackers

Nin10dad

I've got 2 switches and 2 copies of Zelda ordered. One will be dispatched in the post so will arrive around lunch time, the other is by Amazon so could be anytime between early morning and early evening!! @GoronBrudda

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Octane

@jump We can always make an exception for Nintendo

@FGPackers Why though? I'd understand it if it was the other way around, but to me The Witcher 3 beats most games that came out this generation. If there is one game Zelda should be taking cues from, it's TW3.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Haru17 I'm thinking Mario will come in November on "Nintendo Day" (17th November is Nintendo Day this year).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FGPackers

@Octane It feels pretty wooden and rigid in most things. I tried to do something and in a good number of cases Geralt would do it differently enough to make me feel odd and weird, especially in little spaces. Oh...and let's not talk about the dodge move: slow and rough

FGPackers

jump

TBH I look at the BOTW controls and I find it odd that the jump and run buttons aren't next to each other, wait and see tho.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

-Green-

I imagine it won't matter too much. The worst I can see happening is accidentally tapping the action or attack button.

I've never really played W3, so I wouldn't know what to say about it. As far as my experience goes with Open World games, I've played a bit of games like Dragon's Dogma, Skyrim, Fallout and Dragon Age. I never really finished them. I'm hoping since I have a previous liking to Zelda, I'll actually finish.

Edit: Actually do you think BotW will allow us to swap controls around? Or do Zelda games not allow that.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

jump

-Green- wrote:

I imagine it won't matter too much. The worst I can see happening is accidentally tapping the action or attack button.

I couldn't disagree more, comfortable controls can make or break a game. If I'm gonna run and jump off a cliff and at the last moment Link starts waving a sword about every time I try to do it or if it takes slightly longer which breaks up the flow of a boss battle than I will get annoyed.

Nicolai wrote:

-Green-

Eh, I don't know. I don't think it'll bother me too much tbh. I tried it out on my PS4 (for what that's worth) and it didn't seem like an issue to me.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@FGPackers Combat can be a bit finicky at times, I agree, but I've also seen a lot worse. But anyway, I though we were talking about music, gameplay, story and whatnot. Because in terms of world building, lore and story it's absolutely amazing. And it's pretty much the first game that has acceptable looking faces on NPCs, that's a first too lol.

Octane

Octane

@jump Jumping with X will feel weird at first. The Last Guardian did it too, took me a while to figure out how to jump. Years of playings Mario and other platformers certainly doesn't help, but you'll get used to it pretty quickly I think.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic