Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 9,221 to 9,240 of 15,201

whodatninja

Still píssed that the Master Edition sold out in like 5 minutes. What, were there like a 10 copies available? Nintendo never learns. But at least the scalpers are happy!

And it was US exclusive. Meanwhile in Europe we get this cheaply made Special Edition which only has a statue and the soundtrack. And it was even more expensive than the US SE which had more content. Couldn't even bother with the map or Switch carrying case. Thanks Nintendo!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Octane

@whodatninja That's why I don't bother with Nintendo's SEs. Either they're completely sold out in minutes, or they're not even worth caring about.

Octane

jump

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy Isn't the 3GB on disc as well? I thought it was just a regular install.

It's only available if you get the special edition.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy Isn't the 3GB on disc as well? I thought it was just a regular install.

That isn't actually clear. I guess it might be given that there should be plenty of space on the disc. See I was just comparing it to the Xenoblade one but in that situation, the disc was completely full.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

whodatninja

Octane wrote:

@whodatninja That's why I don't bother with Nintendo's SEs. Either they're completely sold out in minutes, or they're not even worth caring about.

Agreed.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Tyranexx

So...is anyone gonna camp out the night before in order to secure Breath of the Wild on March 3rd? I'm just relying on the mail for my copy, so I'll be spending that night in my warm bed.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dezzy

@Tyranexx

Most preorder sites mail it 2 days before so you get it on time.

Haru17

@Dezzy What do you mean by on-time? Noonish / delivery time on launch day? At this point, I'm most likely considering picking up my Switch and copy from the retailer's physical store, so I'm curious as to what you know.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tyranexx

@Dezzy: I went with the cheap shipping from GS, so I highly doubt it will arrive on release day anyway. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Nicolai

Tyranexx wrote:

So...is anyone gonna camp out the night before in order to secure Breath of the Wild on March 3rd? I'm just relying on the mail for my copy, so I'll be spending that night in my warm bed.

I have my Switch preordered for pick-up at Gamestop and my Zelda for pick-up at Best Buy. I did it this way because it's cheaper, with my 20% off all new games membership at Best Buy, and my gift cards for Gamestop. But in the unlikely event that both stores are holding a midnight launch, there's no way I'll be able to go to one and make it to the other on time.

Unless I can convince my girlfriend to go in my stead... Hm...

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

FGPackers

@Tyranexx Pre-ordered system, limited BOTW with Amazon Prime. So no need to camp at night and still playing (living? Dreaming?) it D1

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

@Dezzy What do you mean by on-time? Noonish / delivery time on launch day? At this point, I'm most likely considering picking up my Switch and copy from the retailer's physical store, so I'm curious as to what you know.

Not sure what this question means. I'm saying that lots of sites that you preorder things from will mail them a few days before launch so you get them in the post by launch day (or occasionally the day before). So going to the actual store for the sake of getting something ASAP is usually not necessary.

Octane

My copy will be delivered on the day of release or the day before. Probably sometime between 12:00 and 14:00. It doesn't really matter because Horizon will be delivered two days prior to Zelda, so either way I'm playing games 24-7 that week.

Octane

ClockworkMario

I seem to be one of the few who's getting the game digital (for Wii U). Here's hoping Nintendo offers the option to download the game beforehand as was the case with XC: X. Does anyone happen to know if the game becomes available at midnight or at the regular time? (2PM GMT in Europe, I think).

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

ClockworkMario

@Tsurii
Nice, that'd be awesome. I have no classes on Friday, so I could safely spend the whole night curled up in my den.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Gold_Ranger

Ok, so when is the Collector's Guide going to go up for pre-order?
No one has it anywhere!
Best buy, gamestop, amazon, b&n. Even puggyback themselves don't have any mention of it.

Gold_Ranger

Haru17

Thanks for the answers at any rate, Dezzy, Octane.

Just a thought: Maybe Breath of the Wild Link is getting thrown around so hard because he forgot to put on his mail armor. Y'know, that thing that prevented Frodo from having his chest crushed by a javelin.

Untitled

Untitled

Some more thoughts:

• I like that leather bracers are a steady thing now.
  • I really miss the first blue tunic design. Having the outline of the Master Sword looks on Link's shirt looks like something I would draw in Animal Crossing: Wild World, not something I expect to see in Zelda.
  • How does Link's long, heavy green cap never fall off if he wears it so far back while falling, swimming, and riding on horses everywhere?

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Nicolai

Untitled
Untitled

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Atariboy

Surely the 3 gig install is on the disc, since a full Breath of the Wild installation isn't anywhere close to filling a 25 gig Wii U disc.

Even if we thought Nintendo didn't care about the offline gamer and wasn't going to warn such customers in advance that an internet connection was required to install the game, that reason alone is enough to not expect this to be a download.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic