Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 8,701 to 8,720 of 15,201

Nicolai

Haru17 wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

What's wrong with your thumb?

Dude, don't be like that. Ask your parents to play a game: not everyone has learned the reflexes or has the manual dexterity to move a free camera smoothly.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker has thought me how challenging it can be to move with the left stick and look with the right stick quickly or at the same time. The game ramps up pretty slowly, but some of the final challenges have you constantly moving the camera while moving. Most of my friends have difficulty on the first levels, cuz they have to stop in order to change the camera

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

AccessibleDaydream

So it's really nothing like the camera in Wind Waker HD, for example?

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

Dezzy

Dj64Mk7 wrote:

So it's really nothing like the camera in Wind Waker HD, for example?

Pretty sure that had full camera rotation with the right stick.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoyBoy

@Haru17 I just saw the comparison on Gamexplain and wow. They either really polished the Wii U version since e3 or Switch is the way to go.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Dezzy

@Dj64Mk7

I imagine this one will have that too.

Haru17

The camera tracks a bit while climbing around a tree or ledge.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

So here's the starkest difference I've seen between the Wii U (top) and Switch (bottom) versions.

I think most of that difference is just different time of day lighting. As you can see from the different shadows being cast within the tower.
There does seem to be either a draw distance improvement with the Switch (bottom), or there's been a draw distance improvement in the last 6 months, or they've just made some changes to the landscape:

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

Luna_110

I think at this point the Switch version is looking better at this point in time. We'll have to wait until nearly March for Digital Foundry's analysis though.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Haru17

@Dezzy It's not time of day. That shadow has only migrated slightly compared to how much brighter / with more defined shadows the Switch version looks. The lighting looks different in the Resurrection Chamber too, it's not just a time of day shift. Whether the Wii U's release version reflects those changes as well, we'll have to see.

Just like Monster Hunter on New 3DS, I think Switch will have an across the board texture and model definition bump.

shani

@Luna_110 Yeah Zelda's crying is the biggest difference, but for me the rest of her voice acting also sounds more emotional and believable in Japanese (and in Russian). Here is a comparison:

You're probably right about the fallen hero timeline, I've also read a similar theory on reddit. Strangely enough, it was posted 6 months ago, but the fallen hero timeline fits best with what we saw in the story trailer.
And about the graphics comparison: I also think draw distance is the main difference, but it's huge, look at the trees!

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Dezzy

Dj64Mk7 wrote:

@Dezzy Isn't that the Z-targeting you were talking about?

Yep, I'm 90% certain this game will have that. I bet you could ask someone at NLife or Gamexplain for an answer on that if it's a big selling point for you.

Haru17 wrote:

Just like Monster Hunter on New 3DS, I think Switch will have an across the board texture and model definition bump.

Surely you'd see that in the footage. The models and textures look pretty much the same. Slight lighting difference is all I can see.

Edited on by Dezzy

Haru17

@Dezzy Maybe it's just the depth of field, but the grate to Link's right (and everything else) look much more clearly defined in the Switch version.

And when I'm talking about model definition, I think that's the result of the cel shaded lighting being more precise and not turning Link into a muddled puddle hero.

Haru17

Zelda's face actually looks much less angular than it ever has, and her hair is longer as well. She no longer has the pink-white dress and circlet from ALttP / OoT / MM / TWW / TP / SS, and her forehead is now prominent in her design (no circlet, but her bangs covered her forehead in Skyward Sword).

The only real holdover isn't her tied-front cotton shirt, but rather her goddess dress and golden bracelets from Skyward Sword. Since she seems to have their fashion sense, hopefully Zelda has more of a role than Ciri / Luna.

Eric258

I'm surprised we still haven't seen Link's green tunic. Do you guys reckon they've decided to change to blue in order to make link more visible in the grassy fields? Or do you think they've completely removed it to make a fresh, new impression? I still think that the green tunic and possibly the hero's shield will be end game items, but who knows.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Henmii

Is the box-art with Link from the backside official? Because I also saw a weaker version where Link is peaking over its shoulder!

By the way: I read somewhere that the Switch version performes WORSE when docked. Now that's what I call humor! Play it on U, guys!!

@shani,

That wasn't my quote, but I did agree: The Wii u version will be in short supply, and I can see many people opting for this version since the Switch is to expensive, probably in even shorter supply, and totally not worth it at the moment (besides Zelda).

I prefer discs over downloads. I won't spend 50 Euro or more on a download! I only download stuff like download-only games. And vc-stuff.

Besides: I, as a big Zelda fan, waited countless of years....for a measly download?! Ehhhhh, no! I need it on a disc!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Haru17

Henmii wrote:

Is the box-art with Link from the backside official? Because I also saw a weaker version where Link is peaking over its shoulder!

Those are respectively the NA box art and the EU box art.

By the way: I read somewhere that the Switch version performes WORSE when docked. Now that's what I call humor! Play it on U, guys!!

That's incorrect. Maybe you should check your information. And all we've seen of the Wii U version looks blurrier and worse.

Haru17

Actually, the shot of the trailer with the bomb arrow seems to show the lizalfos spitting the frothy water effect at link, not the arrow trailing it.

So lizalfos can have fire breath, spit (poisonous?), and thunder horn area of effect attacks. Even if it's just bokoblins and lizalfos inhabiting the camps, they seem to have really diverse behaviors and the lizalfos in particular have a lot of attack variety.

And it's just really freaking cool to have stal-bokoblins, stal-moblins, and the giant stal creature from the E3 trailer that I presume is a version of the cyclops 'blin. The bokoblin undead drop their arms and require their heads to be hit while disconnected from their bodies to be killed. Maybe the moblin and cyclops versions have dynamic weakness cycles like traditional Zelda bosses have the three hit weak spots.

Nicolai

shani wrote:

@Luna_110 Yeah Zelda's crying is the biggest difference, but for me the rest of her voice acting also sounds more emotional and believable in Japanese (and in Russian). Here is a comparison:

Man, English really got shortchanged on the crying! She sounds like she's quietly sobbing while she looks like she's wailing. Every other language she gives a good wail.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic