Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 8,361 to 8,380 of 15,210

Haru17

Octane wrote:

Link?

What do you mean?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Haru17 To the video / screenshot where you noticed it.

I was half expecting someone to post a picture of Link after I posted that..

Octane

Haru17

@Octane Oh, hell. You're messin' me up with that capitalization, man! It's late here, haha.

At about 2:30.

Edited on by Haru17

Octane

@Haru17 I see, could be something, could be more nothingness. Shouldn't be too difficult to climb I think. If it's a dungeon, then it's pretty close to the Plateau.

Also, late? You mean like 5AM late? Then what are you still doing awake?

Octane

Haru17

@Octane Look, okay. Today was my last final, I can cut loose a bit. I'll try to right my sleep schedule by Christmas.

And yeah, that area is smallish. I'm just wondering what was worth seperating from the demo and hiding like that. Maybe a quest immediately after we get the paraglider?

Octane

@Haru17 That reminds me, we still don't know what we'll be doing in the game. Exploration? Yes, but why? To stop Ganon probably, maybe save someone? But are there quests? And I mean The Witcher-like quests and not Zelda side-quests. Are there proper dungeons? Why do you want to explore? Just to get better gear that breaks after a couple of uses anyway? Questions, questions..

Octane

Haru17

Christmas is here again~ The lights are bright and clear again~

Untitled

Untitled

This may be from Facebook, but I'll be damned if all roads don't lead to Tumblr-lookin' concept art.

Edited on by Haru17

Tyranexx

They'd be almost crazy at this point not to have a seasons mechanic. As long as they implement it in an organic manner (I mean, a high mountain peak is just asking for perma-snow, and many deserts very rarely get rain), then I'm all for it. A full-blown sun/moon cycle system would be pretty cool, too (though probably a bit much).

Octane wrote:

@Haru17 To the video / screenshot where you noticed it.

I was half expecting someone to post a picture of Link after I posted that..

Oh believe me, if I had checked the forums hours ago....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haru17

Is it wrong for me to be morbidly excited for Breath of the Wild AMVs?

Haru17

Tsurii wrote:

Yes. 99.9% of any kinds of AMVs suck horribly because most weebs have crap taste in music and don't know how to cut videos properly.

Of course, but why else would you watch them but for the cringe factor!?! I am intensely anticipating the boss rush compilation set to "Bodies" and the in-poor-taste, screen-wipe-filled scrapbook of Prin. Zelda scenes accompanied by "The Bad Touch."

Haruki_NLI

That cancellation rumour has told me something. There are people out there (I see people, dont want to dehumanise anyone) who saw what happened over the Wii U lifespan, saw how many Nintendo Wii U users there are, took the disdain at lost exclusives, cancellations and most recently Yooka-Laylee, and figured hey, why dont I smash down what little remains of their core fanbase?

And internet news and vloggers blew up with it. It spread like wildfire. Trust in Nintendo sank even lower as the Wii U looked to be completely left behind. No one last big finish game. Just plop. In the ocean with ya.

Worst part is, it actually kinda worked. People are swearing off Switch until its proven to be supported for a few years consistently. Some arent bothering. Some are saying theyll only buy Zelda on Wii U, some are just waiting and seeing. Just over 13 million people who frankly are burned out.

But if those 13 million dont buy Switch too, in that first year...well then we are back at square one. Might be a downward spiral now.

On topic of seasons, Id like it. Wouldnt be able to see the autumnal colours but im sure they are pretty for everyone else.

Finding it hard to believe some of these screens are in game and not art. Guess that painted aesthetic works.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haru17

@BLP_Software It's an entertainment product, not the Titanic, Captain Smith.

Haruki_NLI

@Haru17 Hey ya never know. Ive seen people kill enthusiasm through false rumours before. Granted the real issue here was how easily fact checked it was XD

Shinion

BLP_Software wrote:

That cancellation rumour has told me something. There are people out there (I see people, dont want to dehumanise anyone) who saw what happened over the Wii U lifespan, saw how many Nintendo Wii U users there are, took the disdain at lost exclusives, cancellations and most recently Yooka-Laylee, and figured hey, why dont I smash down what little remains of their core fanbase?

And internet news and vloggers blew up with it. It spread like wildfire. Trust in Nintendo sank even lower as the Wii U looked to be completely left behind. No one last big finish game. Just plop. In the ocean with ya.

Worst part is, it actually kinda worked. People are swearing off Switch until its proven to be supported for a few years consistently. Some arent bothering. Some are saying theyll only buy Zelda on Wii U, some are just waiting and seeing. Just over 13 million people who frankly are burned out.

But if those 13 million dont buy Switch too, in that first year...well then we are back at square one. Might be a downward spiral now.

Wowowowowowowowow...

I don't know what to say. I don't know which parts I can discern and discuss from this post. Words fail me.

So if the Switch doesn't sell at a similar rate to the WII and PS4 it's game over?

It says something that that part is the only part I can comprehend. Only because hyperbole is so commonplace in videogames that I'm accustomed to it now.

Shinion

Haruki_NLI

@Shinion Allow me to word it differently.

13 million wasnt enough for developers.

If those 13 million dont start moving over within a year, then thats a sign. People can adopt Switch but if Wii U owners are too shot out? Well they wont come over. So because of Wii U you can potentially lose a large part of the install base.

You seem to think that I meant it has to sell like Wii or PS2. Answer to that is no. But if you lose the faith of qhat little you had in the worst times? Well thats a problem, so those 13 million matter and as shown people are willing to try and make it out that it is the case with the wider world ready to eat it up for whatever reason. Probably so they can forget Nintendo or something. Never quite got it myself.

@Tsurii I see people and have heard friends swear off the Switch entirely after a month with Wii U so i cant really speak widely but it seems like each rumour like that that paints negativity drives more away, regardless of validity.

Hell everytime I go downstairs I have guys saying "But Ive played Zelda since Skyrim came out" and "The Switch will be a failure".

I need new housemates.

Anyhow, Ive come to really admire the art for BotW. And im colour blind. Its do with how the colours mesh and the blues pop more to me. Kinda want to see more games do it like this.

EOTW

I have a theory for the story! Okay, so we've seen a couple clips where Link has the Master Sword, yeah? I think most just assumed he will acquire it at some point through the story, but what if those scenes are in the distant past? We know that Link has lost his memory so he needs to get it back. I think the main game/dungeons will be based around getting Link's memory back and we will get to go into the past and play as ancient Link during those segments to discover what Link forgot. So, it would go wilderness, dungeon, memory segment, repeat. Ancient Link has the Master Sword but present Link doesn't... or maybe present Link does but it's just super dead. Plus, this would effectively double the size of the world in the same way many Zelda games have before. Ancient Hyrule would have the serious cities and civilizations while modern Hyrule is made up of dangerous wilderness. Imagine going through a dangerous wasteland and a treacherous dungeon just to come back out and find out the dungeon is a beautiful temple and the wasteland a great city. Eh? Eeeeehhhhh??

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

LzWinky

I don't think the Wii U version is cancelled. Nintendo showed off the damn thing at the awards. Why the hell would anyone believe that rumor?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haru17

Apparently Fanadi — the fortune-teller from Twilight Princess — has the Sheikah crest on her forehead. Also, she, Telma, and Agitha share a red, purple, and green three-dot pattern below their eyes. People on Reddit have hypothesized that Fanadi is supposed to be a Sheikah descendant (red eyes), Telma is a Gerudo descendant, and that Agitha is actually the last of the Kokiri.

Pretty deep lore to just be learning about a game I played 10 years ago. And it works from a visual perspective too:

Untitled

EOTW

@Haru17 That's really neat, but I think the markings under there eyes are just a fashion choice. Agitha being a Kokiri would make sense on so many levels - new head cannon.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic