Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 8,281 to 8,300 of 15,201

Octane

Both images are off-screen captures, but it's clear that the Switch version has a way better drawing distance (assuming they are the same demo builds).

Untitled

Octane

Haru17

@Octane That was when the Switch was undocked, right?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

Huh, what a weird display.

I shouldn't understate how heartened I am to see the background looking not so washed out, though. That's so so so important in an open world game — especially one where you can snipe people with boulders.

Octane

Wii U version more difficult version confirmed, can't see the Death Mountain Guardian sniping at you with that draw distance, insta death at any moment.

Octane

Nicolai

@Octane: I don't think being able to see the totally-confirmed giant sniping Death Mountain guardian is going to give you a competitive edge. It's either you're seeing the Guardian sniping at you or seeing Death Mountain sniping at you.

Playing the Wii U version, and I'm like:
Untitled

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

Octane wrote:

Wii U version more difficult version confirmed, can't see the Death Mountain Guardian sniping at you with that draw distance, insta death at any moment.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wild's Two Silent Hills

Please.

Haru17

@DarthNocturnal The thing is, someone would make that youtube edit, along with "I'm firin' my lazer" and the video feed:

Untitled

Dezzy

@Octane

Is it clear? Which part are you looking at that makes you say that?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy Well, the background..

Wii U picture is lower quality, but you can't make out the details on the mountains in the distance, you can on the Switch. Distant mountains look more like silhouettes in the Wii U version.

Octane

Tyranexx

DarthNocturnal wrote:

“One does not simply walk onto Death Mountain.“

Darn, beaten.

I haven't watched the Jimmy Fallon footage yet, I'm reserving that for when I get off work.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haru17

Exactly. I wonder if we'll get any more anti-aliasing in the NX version.

Haru17

Okay, I'm doing the "how is the frame rate and terraflops" thing that I hate for just a bit.

But there is a rumor that the Switch runs at 1080p when docked. Can we tell if Zelda is at that resolution here?

Octane

@Haru17 Difficult to tell from off-screen footage, but it's probably 720p. Double resolution AND increased drawing distance (+ more details/better AA?) may be pushing it for the Switch.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

I think that's just the lighting due to slightly different time of day. Go and look at that scene in the previous Wii U footage where Link's gliding between the twin peaks. You can see the detail on some of the landscape that's much further away. It's not all just silhouette-d.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

@Octane For the record, I don't mind either way. Gravity Rush 2 is probably the most visually similar game to Zelda with its cel-shading, and it looks excellent in 1080p I suppose. That's mostly the assets and effects not the resolution, though.

And they're still making that horse-riding amiibo featuring the cowl from the original reveal trailer and concept art. Any idea why Link would need to wear that! It's not like he looks much different from other Hylians at the moment.

Monkey_Balls

Trailer analysis:

GameXplain also analysed the Jimmy Fallon footage (it's been posted in the Switch thread so won't add it here) - they pointed out there is a clock (showing hours and minutes) and weather icons in the bottom right of the screen, which haven't been shown before. I'm wondering about the relevance of the clock; possible time travel mechanic and/or NPCs/events being in certain places at certain times akin to Majora?

Edited on by Monkey_Balls

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Haru17

The clock has been in the game since E3, they just moved it from covering part of the minimap.

Henmii

I am totally fed up with all the framerate-complaining. This game looks GOOD! This game looks SMOOTH! Maybe the Switch version will be a little better, but not much (but reading people's tantrums, it may be a HUGE difference to them)!

I am still aiming for the Wii u version, because of 2 reasons:

1: I have the Wii u already and can wait a bit longer before splashing my coins on a Switch
2: I hate it that they hold back a promised game just to fill up the launch of a new console. They did with Twilight princess and I didn't fall for it (bought the Gamecube-version, wich is the better version. But that's not the reason why I bought it). Buying the Switch version totally gives the wrong sign to Nintendo. Nintendo, just get your act together and come up with a GOOD Switch line-up. Though I have to admit: If You haven't a Wii u already (99% of the world population) it makes more sense to buy a Switch and the Switch version.

Henmii

Luna_110

@Henmii
At this point, if they release simultaneously, I think I'll wait for reviews or analysis to see which one is the better version. I'm seriously thinking about forgetting about Zelda on the Wii U and getting it on the Switch, because all footage shows that will be the better version - we don't have the shoe horned motion controls that were on TP for Wii.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic