Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 8,141 to 8,160 of 15,201

shadow-wolf

Is anyone here planning on purchasing the Wii U version of BotW to play (instead of, say, storing it without opening it for the intention of selling it as mint later), or are all of you guys planning to get the Switch version? I feel like I'm the only one here who's going to be playing BotW on Wii U (I'm probably going to get Switch late 2018, and I won't wait that long to play BotW).

shadow-wolf

Haru17

smm1 wrote:

...storing it without opening it for the intention of selling it as mint later...

Don't do that.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

TFW the Old Man was a ghost the whole time.

Untitled

Grumblevolcano

@smm1 I'll be getting the Wii U version to play. By Twilight Princess logic, the Wii U version of BotW should be the best version until the Switch's successor.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@smm1
I'll be just getting the Wii U version because 1) That's part of the reason I bought the Wii U in the first place and 2) I want it on launch but I won't buy a Switch until a year or so in (most new consoles aren't worth buying for about 18 months at which point they tend to have a good library of games)

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

LzWinky

@GrumbleVolcano: That's a terrible logic considering the Switch version won't be as different as the TP WIi version was.

@Dezzy: What foolishness! Switch will have Zelda at launch! Matter of fact, cancel the Wii U version!! SWITCH NOW!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haru17

TheLZdragon wrote:

That's a terrible logic considering the Switch version won't be as different as the TP WIi version was.

Won't it? I mean, there's no SD to widescreen anymore, but there could very well be a resolution or performance divide — people won't shut up about Zelda stuttering on Wii U. And, to say nothing of motion controls, Twilight Princess was never a handheld game.

Grumblevolcano

@TheLZdragon I'd wait until after the January presentation before coming to those conclusions.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

Legend says than on the switch version of the game, you'll have to move the console around to swing the sword.

Also, the analog sticks will control each of Link's legs individually.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

tloz X qwop?

Tyranexx

Octane wrote:

@Monkey_Balls Just when you're booting the game up, it takes a good 30 seconds or something like that. It's been a while since I played the game, but from what I recall, the rest is fine. It kinda felt out of place, cause the game isn't loading a level or anything, just the main menu.. Anyway, despite that, it's still one of the best games on the Wii U and one of the best platformers of all time too. If you liked Returns, TF is even better!

@Monkey_Balls: Pretty much what Octane said. The only really long load time is when you're first starting the game. I also recommend Tropical Freeze; I liked it even better than Returns! Also, you can't go wrong with the soundtrack and fun (yet occasionally frustrating later on) levels.

I'll probably get BoTW on the Wii U as well, though my decision will be primarily based on the presentation in January. I already own a Wii U, whereas it'll be a while before I pick up a Switch.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

shadow-wolf

@Grumblevolcano

Problem is, the Twilight Princess scenario doesn't fully apply here. That scenario is unique because Nintendo tried its best to make the Wii version superior at the time (due to the inclusion of motion controls, etc.) but years later people began to look down upon motion controls and prefer the Gamecube version. Now, Nintendo will likely make the Switch version better, in ways that will probably be seen as improving the game (like perhaps 1080p resolution, shorter loading times, etc.) even after a couple of years.

shadow-wolf

Nicolai

Meowpheel wrote:

Legend says than on the switch version of the game, you'll have to move the console around to swing the sword.

Also, the analog sticks will control each of Link's legs individually.

So THAT'S where they're putting the efforts of Project Giant Robot!

Just imagine, you see someone on a park bench with a Nintendo Switch, and you're wondering what they're playing. All of the sudden, they start violently jerking the console around, and at that moment, you know they're playing Breath of the Wild.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

@Nicolai That is exactly my experience with the Cave of Ordeals, minus the outdoors.

Dezzy

Anyone notice how much Japan has abandoned this series?

Untitled

Octane

@Dezzy Zelda was always bigger in the west; combined with the low home console hardware sales in Japan and the fact that these are just remasters, then it's no surprise that they sold this low. I'm sure BOTW on the Switch will do better over there.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

The console accounts for a significant part of it. But if you compare the 3DS games, it's still dropped compared to what it was back in the 90s. It's always been the US that buys the most but Europe and Japan were about equivalent up until the Wii/DS era. Then Japan seemed to lose interest to some extent.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

Lol

Untitled

Haru17

That's quite amusing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic