Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 7,781 to 7,800 of 15,201

MarcelRguez

@Tsurii Did they mention which things? I'm assuming food will be the main one. Not sure about equipment, as I said. Seems too RPG-ish to me, although I shouldn't expect Zelda to stick that close to convention in this title.

So far it's easily the overworld with the most stuff to do.
Well, that's if we're only talking about the 3D titles

Haru17 wrote:

It just sounds so awesome to dive far beneath the ocean and have the light fade as you enter a trench. Then, to see a bioluminescent glow as you're swimming through the dark and swim into ancient flooded ruins?

Ex-act-ly. Give me the Zelda equivalent of this:
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

MarcelRguez

@Tsurii Oh, I didn't know that. That's pretty neat. I'm guessing they might be useful as crafting materials too.

MarcelRguez

Octane

@MarcelRguez Wait, TP was the only game that closed chests if your rupee bag was full. I remember leaving dungeons, backtracking all the way to a particular chest, just to get the rupees. It's a stupid mechanic. Can't hold anymore rupees? Too bad, should've prepared for that. I just want those chests to disappear on my map.

Also, about rupees in general, seems like they're going a more traditional RPG route with this. They're not as abundant as the blades of grass they were hidden in, but now they're a neat reward to find in a treasure chest or hidden in some other place. And the fact that you will have to gather items and sell them to obtain more rupees. It's more realistic, and it fits the ''western RPG'' theme they got going here.

Octane

MarcelRguez

@Octane You are right, I had that backwards, They did change it to fit better with the rest of the series. I remember having a smaller initial wallet too.

I'd say it's better to leave those chests be if you can't carry more rupees. Better leave them in the chest than waste them like that. Given that they're going open-world with this, they shouldn't mark any chests in the map, even in these instances, and let the player place markers in whichever place of the map they want. It streamlined some backtracking in A Link Between World. I think they already have something like that (I've seen skull-shaped markers on the map), but I don't know the details.

Agree about the rupees, it's definitely fitting and adds to the survival element of the game.

MarcelRguez

Octane

@MarcelRguez Markers are a good idea, and a must-have I think. Just don't put a stupid limit on them. Only 10 markers in The Witcher 3, who thought that was a good idea?

Octane

Haru17

Spoilers: There's already a stupid limit on them. I think it's about two sets of eight.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

EOTW

Haru17 wrote:

It just sounds so awesome to dive far beneath the ocean and have the light fade as you enter a trench. Then, to see a bioluminescent glow as you're swimming through the dark and swim into ancient flooded ruins?

You have no idea how long I've been saying this. Very few games do deep water right. I think Zelda has the potential to do some thing really special with it. If anyone is looking for a good game about the deep ocean, I recommend SOMA. It's spoopy tho.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

MarcelRguez

@EOTW Don't forget Subnautica too. It's shaping up to be something special.

MarcelRguez

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

Spoilers: There's already a stupid limit on them. I think it's about two sets of eight.

I hope that was just a demo thing then.

Octane

EOTW

@MarcelRguez I haven't played it yet. Maybe I'll get around to it after the inevitable Christmas sale.

NX HYPE

Dezzy

Bioshock does deep ocean pretty well.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

MarcelRguez

Yeah, but it's not exactly underwater exploration, or at least not in the sense it would be applied to BotW. There's no vertical movement, or open areas leading to claustrophobic passages. No sense of discovery either due to the lack of fauna.

MarcelRguez

Haru17

Untitled

Twist.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Eel

Big spoiler, there's a retro futuristic city inside the volcano. Under the magma.

Somewhereeeeee~ under the magma.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

Meowpheel wrote:

Was I supposed to imagine that being sung by Judy Garland?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

EOTW

In order to get deep underwater Link will have to acquire an old school hardhat scuba suit

with a drill hand.

NX HYPE

Eel

Dezzy wrote:

Meowpheel wrote:

Was I supposed to imagine that being sung by Judy Garland?

I was thinking more along the lines of Bobby Darin.

But hey that works too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

EOTW wrote:

In order to get deep underwater Link will have to acquire an old school hardhat scuba suit

with a drill hand.

Ten cents his partner for that part of the game is an undead version of Agitha.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic