Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 7,441 to 7,460 of 15,201

Dezzy

Oi Blast! Stop trying to get Zelda banned in Australia

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

@Dezzy lmao!

Meowpheel wrote:

Silly Blast, there won't be any female characters in this game.

Only a voice.

Back in my day, that's all we had! Women were incorporeal beings, confined to the etherial realms. If we were lucky they'd wink at us, because that was the only time they'd become visible. But you had to make sure you didn't pass through them. Oh boy, that was a bad day. It gave my friend the clap! (a disease that makes you clap really loudly all the time, but that's also tuberculosis)

Nowadays, you'd be blessed if the broads'd cover an inch of skin, the shameless youngsters! Golly gee wiz, I sure do hate girls who're visible.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

@Blast Well, the Bokoblins and decrepit Sheikah monks sure are showing a lot of skin. The fun part about the later is that they're so mummified, you can't even tell if they're a man or woman!

EOTW

Haru17 wrote:

@Dezzy lmao!

Meowpheel wrote:

Silly Blast, there won't be any female characters in this game.

Only a voice.

Back in my day, that's all we had! Women were incorporeal beings, confined to the etherial realms. If we were lucky they'd wink at us, because that was the only time they'd become visible. But you had to make sure you didn't pass through them. Oh boy, that was a bad day. It gave my friend the clap! (a disease that makes you clap really loudly all the time, but that's also tuberculosis)

Nowadays, you'd be blessed if the broads'd cover an inch of skin, the shameless youngsters! Golly gee wiz, I sure do hate girls who're visible.

Oh my god I'm dying! This made my day.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

Dezzy

I hope they release a trailer showing some of the towns and other dungeons and all that. We've seen a lot of stuff but it's mostly been just wilderness so far.

Haru17

@EOTW I'm glad someone laughed.

And, in terms of a trailer, I just need something that makes me excited. That means combat and cutscenes. Just show a lot of action cut really, really well to the classic Zelda theme and you're there. 2 minutes 30, in and out.

-Green-

A trailer on the towns would be nice. Also, some more info on how the weapon system works.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

Basically, I would like them to show a trailer that addresses some of the concerns people have. Such as the towns, activities, dungeons, difficulty, combat, and story.

Like, obviously the games a whiles away from launching and they don't want to apparently spoil stuff, but I wouldn't mind them occasionally showing small snippets of things and explaining some more. There's a lot of cool stuff they could do.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Dezzy

Well this thread seems to have bizarrely slowed now that we have more info, whereas it was going mental when we didn't. Maybe Haru's on holiday?

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Well this thread seems to have bizarrely slowed now that we have more info, whereas it was going mental when we didn't. Maybe Haru's on holiday?

That is a strange irony. I guess the E3 excitement is over and I'm just contented that we'll for-sure see more of the game whenever the NX event is. And @Meowpheel, don't you dare! We've come this far, all the way from 2014. Don't take this away from me!!! XD

LzWinky

We could discuss grass or female Link in future games

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Nicolai

We could talk about how hyped we are for the game! Or simply just create funny Breath of the Wild images.

Untitled

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Eel

SS Link is the new villain. His plan is to steal rupees to hide them in the grass.

And then destroy all plant life-forms in Hyrule to retrieve them.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Nicolai

@Meowpheel It wouldn't be the first time the Zelda series has gotten a villain who's gender isn't exactly obvious. I'm looking at you, Girahim. You too, Yuga.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

LzWinky

SS Link looks like a girl too

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dezzy

I don't remember them saying they planned dual release early in development. Since it was originally planned for 2015 release, that can't be true really.

I think it's undeniable that that 2014 teaser had superior graphics though. Nintendo have started to become a bit mischievous with that. Same thing they did with Xenoblade.

Eel

Oh well, it's just that wen you make a big fancy game, the graphics reach a high point at some point midway through.

Then they go lower and lower as the requirements change and new necessities appear.

It's entirely possible that that was the game running on WiiU, at that graphical high point.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

Yeah I think both were examples of the games genuinely running on the Wii U. It's probably mostly just the fact that when you have a fixed scene to render, you have a completely known set of constraints you can work within, so you can tweak absolutely everything to it's peak optimisation. When you're writing code for the final game, everything gets truncated to a more general set of constraints that need to be able to handle a whole range of situations.
It's kinda like a comedian trying to tell a joke that everyone will get. It's never gonna be as advanced.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic