Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 7,361 to 7,380 of 15,201

TuVictus

He wants to make a game about a thief?

I know they don't want it to be Zelda, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut a theif game where you play as Sheik would be pretty awesome

of course, a new IP would be great as well

TuVictus

Haru17

“Actually, Nintendo has been telling me to create a new IP. But then, they’re also telling me to make more Zelda games. I can’t really share much; I’m not sure I’m allowed to say anything. But I really like the idea of a game where I can live as a thief. That’s all I’ll say.”

A demon thief?

Untitled

Lol, just kidding, but that sounds really cool. I'd love a game just constrained to one city where you burgle different apartments and experience the setting's daily life.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tyranexx

Meowpheel wrote:

Silly Anouma, that game is Link's Awakening.

You could also steal from that shop in the woods in Twilight Princess. The bird would punish you for it later, though that's nothing compared to what happens in Link's Awakening. XD

And let's not forget the fact that Link has the habit of barging into private residences, smashing property, attacking innocent animals, blowing things up, causing a ruckus in bars by dropping chandeliers....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

erv

With nx being reconfirmed for march and this being a launch title I guess we are going to play this one before next e3. Which makes me very happy, of course.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Octane

@erv Is it a launch title? They never specified it that way. They're still calling it a ''2017'' game iirc.

Octane

erv

@Octane true. I just think it's likely. Why have so many delays and not launch with a system so you could move units like crazy? Would seem like a waste.

I'd even delay the nx itself if zelda wasn't ready if I were them. But you're right, as with the nx, it has no confirmed date yet.

Octane

@erv The difference is that NX has a date; March. Zelda doesn't. Of course, everyone expects it to be a launch title, but not just call it a launch title then? Because even if it is, there's no surprise anyway. They went even out of their way to remove ''March'' from their Zelda press site. I think that means that they haven't pinned an exact date, and that a release in March is not set in stone yet.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Well if we're to take the Ubisoft comments as the reality then BotW won't be the most important NX title for Nintendo but instead some gimmicky game along the line of what Wii Sports was for the Wii. Hence BotW not needing to be a launch title.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

erv

Any console that is supposed to get me excited about just dance makes me sceptical.

Then again, the wii was full of shovelware but also with great games that I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on.I'm not the one to buy petz: simz editionz but was very happy about some of the great games.

Hopefully zelda is just one of the many for the nx

TuVictus

I truly hope for their sake it's a launch title. Since we already pretty much know that there won't be a big Mario game at launch either. Unless they have something truly attention grabbing like Metroid or another popular IP, then releasing in March would be pointless. At that point I'd say just release it for the holidays with Zelda.

TuVictus

LzWinky

And how do we know there won't be a Mario title at launch? There's no hard evidence supporting that. Heck, we don't know anything about what will be launched with the NX (aside from maybe Just Dance)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Octane

@Operative Chances of a Metroid game being ready for March are extremely slim. Definitely not a Prime game, but I don't think Sakamoto is working on something either.

Octane

TuVictus

@Octane I know, it was just an example. They need something more compelling than NX sports or new Super Mario brothers: generic edition

Also, I gotta find the article but the way miyamoto spoke heavily implied it wouldn't be there for launch. Which isn't unusual, Galaxy wasn't a launch game either.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Haru17

Just have Zelda, Mario Kart (ideally a new one), and Smash 4 at launch with Metroid Prime, Mario, and Pikmin announced for 2017. That's all they need to do.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@erv The difference is that NX has a date; March. Zelda doesn't.

I'm 99% sure someone at E3 said March. Can't remember which of the hundred different videos it was in though.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

LzWinky

No one said March for Zelda. Some may have implied it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TuVictus

I think if anyone said March it was either a mistake or assumption based on also being given the release month of the NX coupled with the announcement that it would launch the same day as the wii u. People connected that to the launch month. But officially, there is no release month. Would not be surprised if it's holiday 2017. I'm actually expecting it.

TuVictus

TuVictus

Ah yeah I forgot about that.

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic