Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 7,321 to 7,340 of 15,201

Haru17

Huh. Well then I feel I must apologise for my snobbery, @Octane.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

jump

^At long last!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haru17

I don't like Phantom Hourglass because it has too few sick puns and too many www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwIEbcV53vs

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

I didn't realize swapping 's's for 'z's was an American English thing. It registers simply as a mistake in spell check :/

The letter z is a mythical creature in British English. You occasionally encounter one in the wilderness but they're generally avoided for fear of what might happen.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Monkey_Balls

Dezzy wrote:

The letter z is a mythical creature in British English. You occasionally encounter one in the wilderness but they're generally avoided for fear of what might happen.

Change the thread title! The Legend of Selda: Breath of the Wild.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Dezzy

@Monkey_Balls

You meant that as a joke I'm guessing. Well guess again.

Zelda actually comes from a shortening of the Germanic name Griselda. A version with the S is used in some countries instead of the Z: http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Selda

Nerd points!!!

Tyranexx

Dezzy wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I didn't realize swapping 's's for 'z's was an American English thing. It registers simply as a mistake in spell check :/

Would Zant be called "Sant" out of fear of the letter Z?

....Good grief, he's Santa's evil twin! O_o (LoZ's version of Krampus?)

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Monkey_Balls

@Dezzy Nope, no joke. I was absolutely, positively, 100% serio- ah, who am I kidding? Nerd points awarded, good Sir (damn, and I thought I was nerdy).

Meowpheel wrote:

The Legend of Griselda: The Knitting Needles of Antiquity

Wii Remote support? If I can't do any motion-controlled knitting I'm not interested.

Monkey_Balls

Dezzy

Yeah, shortening it to Zelda was definitely a good move.

Griselda sounds about as young as Ethel or Marjorie.

Eel

Monkey_Balls wrote:

Meowpheel wrote:

The Legend of Griselda: The Knitting Needles of Antiquity

Wii Remote support? If I can't do any motion-controlled knitting I'm not interested.

Only if you have two motion plus wii remotes.

Thankfully, the WiiKnit accessory comes included with the game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Monkey_Balls

Dezzy wrote:

The Adventure of Ethel would make a good sequel for Meowpheel's Knitting Needles of Antiquity. Marjorie can be the game's version of Navi or something. (@Meowpheel Woolly World and Epic Yarn missed a trick there not including the WiiKnit...)

On topic... this is probably old news but folks in the UK can win a copy of the game from Nintendo's UK Store by entering a competition/survey:

Nintendo wrote:

[...] for the chance to win a copy of the game at release, simply answer this question: What are you most looking forward to?

-Exploring the open world
-Taking on new bosses
-Tackling the Shrines of Trials

Considering the game isn't released for a while, if there is much more to it - such as dungeons, towns and story - then why would Ninty be running this competition/survey so early, and with those options? My main concern about BoTW is that what we've seen is what we'll get. Hopefully "Exploring the open world" includes discovering an engaging story, huge dungeons, sprawling towns, etc.

Monkey_Balls

Tyranexx

Monkey_Balls wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

The Adventure of Ethel would make a good sequel for Meowpheel's Knitting Needles of Antiquity. Marjorie can be the game's version of Navi or something. (@Meowpheel Woolly World and Epic Yarn missed a trick there not including the WiiKnit...)

Untitled
...That would be interesting. Would Jughead be taking the place of Princess Selda?

And let's not forget the next game after that...Gertrude's Awakening!

EOTW

Meowpheel wrote:

No, that's the fourth game.

The third one will be An Agnes to the Past.

I think the name Agnes has found new life thanks to a certain RPG.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

Tyranexx

Meowpheel wrote:

No, that's the fourth game.

The third one will be An Agnes to the Past.

Hm, didn't realize we were going in any particular order since the knitting stuff was brought up a few posts back.

To keep with the order, Aurora of Time and Marjorie's Mask would also be pretty great games!

(Quick fact: My phone would autocorrect Majora to Marjorie on occasion before it recognized the word.)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic