Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 681 to 700 of 15,210

Whopper744

@Spoony_Tech that almost reminds me a bit of side quest in Xenoblade (though I definitely enjoy Zelda more). I do like the idea of a bit more being put into the side quest, and feeling like you are visiting a real, living town, with different people that have various issues needing worked out. I'd like to see something like the Bomber's Notebook (from Majora's mask) make a return as well. I seem to forget about some of the side quest as it is, so another notebook type deal would be great with me.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

camerica1618

Spoony_Tech wrote:

What I want is more then 1 main town/city. I would like to see a few more people to talk to and do quests for. I would like dozens if not 100's of people in a few towns along with some smaller villages as well.

The only town that felt like an actual living town to me was Castle Town in Twilight Princess. I'd like some more towns like that along with some small ones that have been in all the other games.

camerica1618

jump

camerica1618 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

What I want is more then 1 main town/city. I would like to see a few more people to talk to and do quests for. I would like dozens if not 100's of people in a few towns along with some smaller villages as well.

The only town that felt like an actual living town to me was Castle Town in Twilight Princess. I'd like some more towns like that along with some small ones that have been in all the other games.

IMO I disagree, Majora's Mask has every Zelda game beat for a living town experience. Minish Cap does a good job of it too.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

xerneas

WaLzgi wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Henmii wrote:

I agree with Youtuber Macintyre: I also think that with Hyrule Warriors they are testing the waters for the next Zelda. Hyrule Warriors does mark many first for Zelda: Fast combo gameplay, DLC, playing directly as Zelda and Ganondorf, even some voice-acting (even if it is just some narration). I really wonder what they will lift over to Zelda U. I think a faster battle system with combo's is a given, as is DLC. And I guess peaceful areas suddenly getting overrun by enemies is also likely, seeing as Aonuma already said something like: What happens in a area when you aren't there? He was referring to bases (or areas) getting taken by enemies again.

Whatever they do, I hope they keep the puzzles in.

Except Hyrule Warriors is non-canon and not developed by the Zelda team. It wasn't meant to actually be a Zelda-style game

I think Aonuma did actually say Hyrule Warriors helped in some way for the next Zelda, but I'm too lazy to look up a source to see if that's true.

There may be some inspiration, but I really doubt it would be that much

Gotta say I'd love to have HW-ish fighting style (and obviously as pretty characters) in Zelda U. After playing HW I just find the normal Zelda fighting soooo sloooow... I really hope there will be some inspiration.

xerneas

Spoony_Tech

arronishere wrote:

camerica1618 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

IMO I disagree, Majora's Mask has every Zelda game beat for a living town experience. Minish Cap does a good job of it too.

That's a nice town but my favorite would have to be Wind Wakers town. So much to do day and night.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Pigeon wrote:

I sure hope they improve the gameplay. This archaic assigning of buttons for weapons (as opposed to quick switch with shoulder buttons like all other TPS), no ability to jump when you want, irritating lock on system, and awkward fighting mechanics needs to be abolished.

So weird how people who clearly don't like Zelda always have ideas about how to change Zelda.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

camerica1618

arronishere wrote:

camerica1618 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I've heard Majora's Mask did a good job with that. That's the one 3D Zelda game I haven't played though. That's why I didn't mention it.

camerica1618

Kewlan

I would give all my yes to the Master Cycle being in this game! Imagine racing through the plains and forests!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Spoony_Tech

I will hold off on my opinion. My initial reaction was NO!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

SpookyMeths wrote:

Pigeon wrote:

I sure hope they improve the gameplay. This archaic assigning of buttons for weapons (as opposed to quick switch with shoulder buttons like all other TPS), no ability to jump when you want, irritating lock on system, and awkward fighting mechanics needs to be abolished.

So weird how people who clearly don't like Zelda always have ideas about how to change Zelda.

Yeah...none of that sounds necessary for Zelda to be good? I mean, a lot of the games have been designed around the lock on system and the way the fighting works. Changing those would change everything. Unless you just want to be like Super Castlevanbia IV, where you change how everything works, but don't bother adjusting the level or enemy design to accomodate for it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Inkling

Shelly Pearce (Nintendo UK's marketing boss) said that Splatoon, Zelda U and Captain Toad are the biggest games for Wii U next year!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Octane

Inkling wrote:

Shelly Pearce (Nintendo UK's marketing boss) said that Splatoon, Zelda U and Captain Toad are the biggest games for Wii U next year!

Source?

Octane

Spoony_Tech

So that only leaves 2 games worth mentioning in NA. Not looking good. I sure hope that doesn't mean X Chronicles is not coming out next year.

MERG said:

Blast

Spoony_Tech wrote:

So that only leaves 2 games worth mentioning in NA. Not looking good. I sure hope that doesn't mean X Chronicles is not coming out next year.

What are you talking about? NA Wii U has some awesome looking games coming 2015. I can name about 4-5 right now.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Spoony_Tech

Blast wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

What are you talking about? NA Wii U has some awesome looking games coming 2015. I can name about 4-5 right now.

I was just referring to what this person said. I don't think she thought before she spoke.

MERG said:

Blast

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Blast wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I was just referring to what this person said. I don't think she thought before she spoke.

Hahahah agreed. I think she was just happy to talk about games.

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Octane wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Source?

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-uk-wii-u-has-had-quite...

This person didn't even mention Devil's Third or Xenoblade Chronicles X...

Devil's Third isn't a big game, and Nintendo still probably doesn't know how to market Xenoblade even if it is they're secret ace in the hole.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Octane wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Source?

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-uk-wii-u-has-had-quite...

This person didn't even mention Devil's Third or Xenoblade Chronicles X...

Devil's Third isn't a big game, and Nintendo still probably doesn't know how to market Xenoblade even if it is they're secret ace in the hole.

Why are you assuming D3 isn't a big game? Just because you don't see D3 as a big game... doesn't mean I don't... Lol I got a feeling that game is gonna end up near to how Bayonetta 2 is turning out.

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic