Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 6,441 to 6,460 of 15,201

-Green-

They did say they were going to avoid characters and plot, so I'm hoping that's the reason.

The world will have 100s of Shrines along with multiple dungeons.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haru17

Meowpheel wrote:

The world so far seems a bit... Lonely.

Hopefully it's just the demo area and they didn't go full Zelda 1.

Yep. It was also a bit awk when, at the top of a mountain, there was snowy grass. That's not how the tree line works.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JoyBoy

I wasn't too bothered about it being empty but it seemed to lack music.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Sleepingmudkip

I don't want to be spoiled but I'm wondering how deep the story is in this game.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

-Green-

At least, the enemies can actually deal some real damage in this game. The Guardians seem to be capable of one-shotting, or at the very least bring one down to the last sliver of health.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haru17

Wolf Link Partner! Let loose the fan art!

Edited on by Haru17

Nicolai

@Haru17: in my opinion, that is the perfect way to use amiibo. Make the figure come to life, but don't make it a major part of the game.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Eel

Wolf Link is Dogmeat

The best part is that it will probably take the name you register in the amiibo, so you can go around with Pugsypoo the wolf link

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Meowpheel wrote:

Wolf Link is Dogmeat

The best part is that it will probably take the name you register in the amiibo, so you can go around with Pugsypoo the wolf link

Oh my gawd. But yeah, even 'Pugsypoo' would be a little less canon-shattering than 'Wolf Link.'

And he works about as well as Dogmeat too

jump

It looks nice and all but aside from the glider off a cliff nothing has grabbed me about the game yet.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haru17

Female Link or not, you can't argue that Link isn't at his absolute most androgynous in Breath of the Wild.

Gultigargar

So after watching the some footage, it's basically Twlight Princess/Ocarina of time meets the open world of Xenoblade, the graphics of Wind Waker, and menu similar to survival games.

I'm not liking it so far.

NintyFan wrote:

So there won't be any towns, villages, or partner characters like Navi or Midna? They're going out of their way to make Link lonely this time. There's that survival theme again. Hopefully it'll pay off.

Is this true? Because not having any town to buy armor and items sounds like a bad idea.

My current N3DSXL FC: 2165-9800-0902

I'm not what to post, but something should pop up here eventually.

Nicolai

@NintyFan: It will seem less lonely when we see more characters, I'm sure of it.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

gcunit

@Jump Agreed. It looks like a beautiful Wii U Zelda... so it shouldn't be held back until NX releases. Unless Nintendo are keeping some quality surprises to themselves for now, this 9 month wait is going to kill the hype in a lot of people. Unless they show something more spectacular closer to launch (particularly on the NX version), I fear a lot of people will have moved on. Wii U version should be releasing tomorrow.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haru17

[Whoops.]

Edited on by Haru17

jariw

NintyFan wrote:

So there won't be any towns, villages, or partner characters like Navi or Midna? They're going out of their way to make Link lonely this time. There's that survival theme again. Hopefully it'll pay off.

Aonuma only say that he will not comment on settlement and villages, because it's connected to the story. But Link will travel alone, unless you have a Wolf Link amiibo. EDIT: beaten.

BTW, did you see the tweet showing the waiting line to the Zelda demo stations...?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

MarcelRguez

@gcunit They've confirmed it's a simultaneous release on both platforms, sadly.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Dreamliner

I'm wondering if I just don't like Zelda games. I own Twilight Princess and never finished it on the Wii. Bought the Wii-U version and lost interest an hour or so in. I just felt so bored running around looking for a fishing rod.

I also own Skyward Sword, and Windwaker HD, yet unopened.

So many people like this, which is why I question myself. I love Mario and FPS games, but I dunno what to think of Zelda.

Dreamliner

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic