Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 6,381 to 6,400 of 15,201

Peach64

I'm a little underwhelmed. It looks very close to the footage from two years ago. Makes me think the delay was purely because they wanted a big game for NX and it could have been out a long time before now if not for the Wii U bombing.

Peach64

diwdiws

@-Red- the art style was ok, but the environmental detail seems lacking compared to all the other open world games ive played before. its a little nitpick fro me but in a open world game (especially if your focusing on exploration )graphical immersion is important.

diwdiws

Nicolai

Wow, the title is already edited. You guys work fast!

I like the title. Thank god they didn't call it NEW Legend of Zelda. It definitely looks like they're going for a very pre-civilized foraging and hunting feel. And cooking? My only concern is that this game gets too hung up about boring stuff like cooking and gathering. Though knowing Nintendo, they always know how to keep things fun.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Henmii

Beautiful, and so athmosperic! Looks very different too! The game looks very promising, can't wait to see more in a couple of minutes (10, 20, 30 minutes?!)!

Also, watch on Twitch. No lag so far!

"Makes me think the delay was purely because they wanted a big game for NX and it could have been out a long time before now if not for the Wii U bombing"

Of course that's the case, but we just have to deal with it. Maybe its not super-sharp, but it looks nice because of the artstyle!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Haru17

A couple of freeze frames from the quick-cut story moment in the middle of the trailer:

Untitled

Untitled

Ganon confirmed. If that's not a boar head and gleaming yellow head crystal I don't know what it is.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

-Green-

diwdiws wrote:

@-Red- the art style was ok, but the environmental detail seems lacking compared to all the other open world games ive played before. its a little nitpick fro me but in a open world game (especially if your focusing on exploration )graphical immersion is important.

Eh, I don't think environment detail is very important for when exploring an open world. Art Style and Atmosphere is more important to me.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

diwdiws

@Peach64 yeah me too, a little bit disappointed about the visuals. a little lacking in environmental detail, the forest, mountains and plains seems very sparse and two toned.

diwdiws

Ryno

Wii U preorder cancelled. Maybe down the road I will get it for NX. I might have Zelda fatigue right now and that style doesn't really grab me.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Nicolai

@Haru17, Darn, I was just about to post that. I got the same idea.

Also, I think GameXplain got it right with the stamina meter returning for climbing. Did anyone else see those white struggle marks while he was climbing?

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Ryno

Nicolai wrote:

Also, I think GameXplain got it right with the stamina meter returning for climbing. Did anyone else see those white struggle marks while he was climbing?

Ugh, climbing is the worst video game mechanic there is and this game is going to have a stamina meter for it?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Haru17

Nicolai wrote:

Haru17, Darn, I was just about to post that. I got the same idea.

I'm so damned pumped. Also, that freeze of Link looks really feminine. Not saying it is female Link, just that it looks suspect.

Anyway, at the risk of speaking too soon, I think Breath of the Wild (oh my GOD, I get to say that now!) is going to be the quintessential open world game. Stealth, taming horses, climbing, and climbing trees takes so much of the non-interactive portions of an open world setting and puts it into players' hands.

Also there's weather and clothing options. All the deserts and mountains we ever wanted, too!

diwdiws

@-Red- environmental details do affect the atmosphere (for me atleast). just look at witcher or skyrim, the environment in my opinion, clearly affects my sense of discovery and exploration. I wasn to go to a random unbeaten path and be wowed. i dont want to explore forest or areas where the the trees, terrain (like in the trailer) looks like placeholder assets.

diwdiws

Haru17

What if that was Zelda's voice in the trailer! What if that was ZELDA'S voice in the trailer!?!

Nicolai

@Haru17 I still disagree about the gender, I say he still looks male, but most people don't think so.

I'm excited about the open world aspect, as long as the next 3D Legend of Zelda isn't. I've said this before, open world games are an undertaking for the player as well as the developer. I'm preparing myself for such a big experience, but I may not want to do it every cycle.

Got married.

JoyBoy

Or Ganon!?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Nicolai

Haru17 wrote:

What if that was Zelda's voice in the trailer! What if that was ZELDA'S voice in the trailer!?!

I'm sure it was, actually. It seems so much like Zelda's disembodied dialogue at the beginning of A Link to the Past.

Got married.

Haru17

Nicolai wrote:

I'm excited about the open world aspect, as long as the next 3D Legend of Zelda isn't. I've said this before, open world games are an undertaking for the player as well as the developer. I'm preparing myself for such a big experience, but I may not want to do it every cycle.

Yep. Open worlds are usually awful. A linear or JRPG-structured game after this would be good.

-Green-

diwdiws wrote:

@-Red- environmental details do affect the atmosphere (for me atleast). just look at witcher or skyrim, the environment in my opinion, clearly affects my sense of discovery and exploration. I wasn to go to a random unbeaten path and be wowed. i dont want to explore forest or areas where the the trees, terrain (like in the trailer) looks like placeholder assets.

Eh, I think we're just disagreeing in what we what we find more significant. Which is pretty silly considering it all. I just prefer a nice art style and I personally just really found the art style to be really good.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NintendoFan64

Oh my God, this looks amazing! Wake me up when it's 2017.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Nicolai

Haru17 wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

Yep. Open worlds are usually awful. A linear or JRPG-structured game after this would be good.

I'm no fan of RPG's, so I hope not, personally. I'm so dang excited about this one, though! I hope the story is kick-amp, even if it has to be less involved. It will be worth doing the more tedious parts of the open-world gameplay if the game gives you a solid reason for doing so.

Got married.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic