Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 621 to 640 of 15,201

Spoony_Tech

Um thanks but no thanks. In that picture she looks like she's 11 years old. Now some of the other art work looked really nice but I didn't care for that one.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

The_Ninja

Did anyone see this video? It's REALLY intresting, and I never thought about all of this.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

ShadJV

The_Ninja wrote:

Did anyone see this video? It's REALLY intresting, and I never thought about all of this.

Well it did help me to appreciate the trailer even more (not that I needed to, I loved it), but the more they pointed out, the more I felt it was all meant to be cinematic and not completely as indicative of gameplay. I mean I'd love it if it was, but the destructible environments, the hint at crafting mechanics and the possibility of a main weapon outside of a sword, the jumping attack, the realism of the goat and villager reactions and grass and lighting... I can't help but worry it's being a bit overhyped there. I hope this IS gameplay, this just all seems too deep and amazing to be true.

Also, I had a thought, as much as I love the open world, if it's really that wide open (and I assume there's even more than we can see), trying to 100% this game without a guide might be incredibly difficult, where to even start looking for heart containers? Hyped either way.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Spoony_Tech

The_Ninja wrote:

I lol'd when they referenced Princess Mononoke. Before he said anything I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't mind if it starts out a bit similar to that at all. This was a great listen to!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Kewlan

Just give us new footage already...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

WebHead

Kewlan wrote:

Don't expect much until E3 2015.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Spoony_Tech

WebHead wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

Don't expect much until E3 2015.

I want a demo!

Yeah this is pretty much what I was thinking as well. We may see it teased here and there but no new footage till E3 next year.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

CM30 wrote:

There could be a Nintendo Direct announcement. I mean, didn't Link Between Worlds get shown off in one, and outside of E3?

I'm sure there will be but we have well over a year before it will get released. After next E3 They will most likely have one.

MERG said:

Inkling

Guys I found out the title:

The Zelda Scrolls: Skyrim Sword

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Taceus

Here's the latest, shorter analysis

Edited on by Taceus

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

Jaz007

Oh gosh, please don't take the conspiracy theories into account with development, just don't. There's nothing good to be had from taking cues from people who read too deeply into soemthing to find a weird answer even though the answer is obvious. Gauging reaction is a good thing, but the conspiracy theories can be ignored.

Jaz007

Spoony_Tech

Jaz007 wrote:

Oh gosh, please don't take the conspiracy theories into account with development, just don't. There's nothing good to be had from taking cues from people who read too deeply into soemthing to find a weird answer even though the answer is obvious. Gauging reaction is a good thing, but the conspiracy theories can be ignored.

Couldn't agree more. Save it for a later date. A much later date.

MERG said:

Henmii

I don't think the new Zelda will have revolutionary controls, like Phantom hourglass or Skyward sword. For example, I don't think the Wiimote will be used for sword-play. Or maybe it won't be used at all. Maybe we get some gyro-sensor stuff with the Wii u Gamepad. Or some touch-interactions. But I guess the Gamepad will mainly be used for item-management and the map.

Speaking of the map: I get the feeling that the map will be a real-time overview of the entire overworld. Meaning that you can't only see the buildings, but also enemies wandering around and characters doing their routine. Think about it: They talked about including different viewpoints before and they talked about things happening in areas when you are not there. It could also mean the return of character routines, like what we saw in Majora's mask (people wandering around, doing different stuff at different times of the day). Sounds pretty good: If you look at the map you can immediately see where something interesting happens, and instantly head for that direction. It could also tie in with eventual quests.

Henmii

Kewlan

@Henmii I think the controls will be very similar to Wink Waker HDs. All about the buttons, able to turn of gyro and GamePad for item management.

I hope that's how it will be! Too bad we couldn't use Wind Waker HD as an example to see if it worked since there were only oceans around. But you could at least see the other islands from really far away.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

kkslider5552000

An advanced version of Skyward Sword's controls could be absolutely brilliant but I can understand not doing that when the game already seems to be very ambitious

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Henmii

"I think the controls will be very similar to Wink Waker HDs. All about the buttons, able to turn of gyro and GamePad for item management"

Yeah, I think that too.

"An advanced version of Skyward Sword's controls could be absolutely brilliant"

Yeah, it could be nice. But to be honest the motion stuff from Skyward sword never blew me away. Maybe that was because it arrived at the tail-end of the Wii's lifespan, and by that time I had already experienced several motion-controlled games. Like the awesome Zack and Wiki, wich uses motion controls for all kinds of things.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Justlink

The controls are going to be gamepad oriented if i remember correctly. It's also suppose to utilize the gamepad in a special way.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

LzWinky

It's going to use the Gamepad. It's pretty obvious

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RR529

As for gamepad integration:

• Maybe the return of the "Lens of Truth" item, where you would hold the Gamepad up to the TV to reveal the hidden rooms/paths (used in puzzle sections, you probably wouldn't have to worry about being attacked during such sections).
  • It has already been shown that the game will be a bit more high tech than usual, so how about a turret item? Maybe there's something you have to kill/hit that won't come out of it's hiding place unless you're out of sight, so you would have to set up the turret, run behind a rock/bush, and then using the Gamepad as the turret's view, shoot whatever it is when it comes out.
  • Like someone else mentioned, how about a live map? Maybe it could even represent a magical map you'd get in game, that would not only show the location of enemies on the overworld, but would let you zoom in to ground level (kind of like an in game, live, "Google Street View").
  • Maybe you could acquire a mirror, and the Gamepad would show what's in it's reflection? (in essence, the Gamepad IS the mirror)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic